Hacking Audigy 2?

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
I saw some info in hacking a Audigy 2 into a Audigy 2 ZS. Does anyone know where I can get instructions? Is this just a software/driver hack or is it a bios hack???
 
There's not much of a point, you won't get 7.1 sound or the improved DAC, and otherwise they're more or less the same.
 
Originally posted by NightRaven
There's not much of a point, you won't get 7.1 sound or the improved DAC, and otherwise they're more or less the same.

Actually there is. Sound quality and driver stability are big +++'s in the Audigy Series, topping out with the ZS drivers.

I have the ZS drivers installed over my Audigy 1 right now and it's a big improvement.

Besides, ooooo 7.1? :rolleyes:
 
I've installed the *hacked* ZS drivers on *two* ordinary Audigy Gamers, and in my case the reason was *versatility* and *stability*. The ZS drivers are considerably more stable than the base Audigy drivers, and the application mix is more stable as well. (I mean given a choice, which would you prefer: PlayCenter or MediaSource?)

One AUdigy has ordinary desktop speakers, and the second has Inspire 5300s (5.1), but the ZS drivers sound better than the base Audigy drivers also.
 
Forgive my ignorance, but where could i find these *hacked* audigy 2 ZS drivers my Audigy? Never knew such a thing existed before. Thanks!
 
Thanks for the link!...I have an extra Audigy that I could try this on...
 
Back
Top