Hackers Lied About Source of Stolen Apple UDIDs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Well what do you know, the hackers claiming to have breached the FBI's computers last week were lying. So it would seem Apple and the FBI were both telling the truth. :eek:

A small Florida publishing company says the million-record database of Apple gadget identifiers released last week by the hacker group Anonymous was stolen from its servers two weeks ago. The admission, delivered by the company’s CEO exclusively to NBC News, contradicts Anonymous' claim that the hacker group stole the data from an FBI agent's laptop in March.

The tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy types will simply say a random company was bribed with money to take the fall for the FBI and Apple. :(

Anyhow, it's nice to know the nice people at the FBI are doing their jobs like they should and being truthful to the public when they're not constrained by information classification disclosure requirements.

The tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy types will simply say a random company was bribed with money to take the fall for the FBI and Apple. :(

Anyhow, it's nice to know the nice people at the FBI are doing their jobs like they should and being truthful to the public when they're not constrained by information classification disclosure requirements.
Man they were quick to attack anyone who said the story sounded fishy too.

Hey a front company! I like that even better than a bribe! :D

Hey ... we all know that the FBI works for the Illuminati and the secret world government anyway ... so maybe this company is just a front for them :p:D

I'm just wondering how the ice skating is in Hell. It has to be iced over since the FBI and Apple both told the truth at the same time. :eek:

I'm just wondering how the ice skating is in Hell. It has to be iced over since the FBI and Apple both told the truth at the same time. :eek:

Even worse ... thing of all things that people will need to do now ... lots of ugly people will be having dates this week :D

Man they were quick to attack anyone who said the story sounded fishy too.

Yup...federal agencies generally don't comment or say it's pending investigation rather than deny stuff outright in situations like this so they don't get caught in a lie later. If they come out and say, "Nope, it wasn't us," like they did, you can be pretty comfy that it's true.

Even worse ... thing of all things that people will need to do now ... lots of ugly people will be having dates this week :D

Yaay! I'm gonna go update my eHarmony profile and post a new Craigslist ad!

Anonymous is the US state dept. run by hiliary clinton and her techno experts !

Wouldn't it be ironic if the FBI actually DOES keep these UDID's, and they were scrambling internally to figure out who leaked them when they actually came from someone else? ;) It would explain their strange non-denial about nobody having "evidence" of them amassing the UDID's. ;)

Wouldn't it be ironic if the FBI actually DOES keep these UDID's, and they were scrambling internally to figure out who leaked them when they actually came from someone else? ;) It would explain their strange non-denial about nobody having "evidence" of them amassing the UDID's. ;)

I would not be at all surprised if they were collecting UDIDs, but at least they didn't lose them or get them from Apple this time around. I'm proud of both the FBI and Apple for issuing blanket denials and actually being right this time...at least if no one is paying off anyone else or is a front company. *puts on tinfoil*

I would not be at all surprised if they were collecting UDIDs, but at least they didn't lose them or get them from Apple this time around. I'm proud of both the FBI and Apple for issuing blanket denials and actually being right this time...at least if no one is paying off anyone else or is a front company. *puts on tinfoil*

People will still come out with their conspiracy theories, some require them to live.

Like I require beer to live.

something tells me that if this were really stolen from the fbi and they denied it that's all we'd hear. they'd just say 'naw, not us' and move on. they don't need a 'fall guy' or to waste money on bribes.

its not like this was a watergate size scandal. it didn't make mainstream news, and it hardly made any waves in the tech sector.

put down the tinfoil hats guys - the fbi doesn't need imei (or whatever) numbers to own you - they already do.

If something were really stolen from the FBI you would not hear anything at all from the FBI until the criminals were caught. Then all you would hear is how wonderful their detectives are for solving it.

Clearly this was just a front company set up by the FBI. ;)

Note: It wasn't the FBI's file.

Just to clear things up, most people do the work the FBI needs done work for contractors. Companies like SAIC (might be more intelligence work) and often the occasional veteran-woman-native-Alaskan owned company. The workers do the work, and occasionally the name of the employer changes on their badges.

From what I've heard of someone who handles things like files taken from suspected terrorists, there is one armed FBI agent in charge of things and a hundred or so database types running the systems.

Back