Hacker Gets 4 Years in Prison Over Malware Install

HardOCP News

[H] News
A wanna-be hacker was sentenced to four years in prison for running a botnet. I hear geeky-nerd-hacker types do well in prison.

A Los Angeles computer security consultant has been sentenced to four years in federal prison for using malicious software that turned thousands of computers into "zombies" so he could steal private information.

someone will send him a soup on the rope

That's be pretty hard to make ;-)

"Oops, I dropped my soup"
"Ok so the drain will take care of it"
"D'oh! Maybe next time I'll bring soap instead"

:D

Sorry, I had to.

Maybe the NSA will notice the guy and hire him under duress.

Hope he takes soap on a rope with him.

The person I want to see in jail for malware is the douchebag responsible for XP Antivirus2008/2009/2010. Once he is caught, I hope they hold a line for IT administrators to beat the shit out of him for 1 minute.

The person I want to see in jail for malware is the douchebag responsible for XP Antivirus2008/2009/2010. Once he is caught, I hope they hold a line for IT administrators to beat the shit out of him for 1 minute.

I second this.

Never came across this. Vundo's been more common around me.

Haxxors don't go to PMITA state pens. They go to Club Feds. No anal violations there, just a bunch of white collar crooks getting an extended vacation from work.

ROFL!!! I went to high school with this kid. He was actually arrested back then too for "hacking" into a few of our school accounts and deleting assignments.

I havent laughed that loud at ANYTHING in a while.

Thanks!

20yr minimum manditory period!!!
asshole.gif

Hope he learns his lesson, and I sure hope other hackers see this, friggen little bastards.

I second this.

I third this. My father clicked on it, ugh. It took a week to find a solution, but I found that the new version of Symantec Antivirus saved me a Windows re-install... cleaned it all up very nicely. I don't hate Symantec any more... as much. ;)

I third this. My father clicked on it, ugh. It took a week to find a solution, but I found that the new version of Symantec Antivirus saved me a Windows re-install... cleaned it all up very nicely. I don't hate Symantec any more... as much. ;)
I fresh reformat and install is still the best option, and shame on you for asking someone to use Symantec :(

I fresh reformat and install is still the best option, and shame on you for asking someone to use Symantec :(

Of course a reformat is better, several hours more later. And I wasn't asking someone to use Symantec, I used it myself. :p And it worked - that is all that matters. McAfee was worthless.

Back