Hacked

John S

n00b
Either my pc or my ebay was hacked yesterday. What I did was release/ renew ip of router to get a new one. I canceled my mc and visa and other passwords as well. Also, I wiped the OS clean and reinstalled win 10 to be on the safe side. I have to other windows PCs and I was wondering if I should wipe the OS on them and reinstall again or is it safe to to leave in alone?

Plz let me know.

thx

I don't know what you are talking about.

Releasing and renewing your IP would not cause you to get hacked.

You don't need to wipe your two other pcs if they do not exhibit the same symptoms.

What makes you think you got hacked?

I don't know what you are talking about.

Releasing and renewing your IP would not cause you to get hacked.

You don't need to wipe your two other pcs if they do not exhibit the same symptoms.

What makes you think you got hacked?

Coz my ebay or pc was hacked. I am pretty sure it is ebay but I am not sure. My ebay account was accessed and someone ordered something and I received an email from ebay notifying me of it. Thence, the question of should I wipe my desktop OS just to be on the safe side?

thx

Coz my ebay or pc was hacked. I am pretty sure it is ebay but I am not sure. My ebay account was accessed and someone ordered something and I received an email from ebay notifying me of it. Thence, the question of should I wipe my desktop OS just to be on the safe side?

thx
Do you have a screenshot of the ebay email, with email header? Chances are it is just your ebay account. Do you have any virus notifications on your computer?

Did you actually check your ebay account for an order? Because I get fake paypal and ebay order emails all week long. You probably clicked a scam link in the fake email, and entered your ebay login on a site other than the true ebay ...

Did you actually check your ebay account for an order? Because I get fake paypal and ebay order emails all week long. You probably clicked a scam link in the fake email, and entered your ebay login on a site other than the true ebay ...
At least he did what everyone should do regularly anyway - change passwords and reinstall windows :D

Is your ebay password one that you use for multiple accounts? I'm willing to bet that you have probably been using the same password, for several services, for a long time. One of them probably got hacked and your password/email put on a list with 1000000s of others.

My wife did this many years ago, next thing you know I log into Ebay to find I'm selling a Corvette?!

Back