• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Habu and Eclipse II

sky.strife

n00b
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
37
Alright, I've looked through the forum thoroughly now and have seen that wired keyboards and mice are probably my best bet for gaming performance. I've looked at the G5 and MX518, but they both look uncomfortable to me. Looking at the Microsoft Habu, however, looks promising and has my needed two buttons on the side of the mouse (can't live without my forward and back buttons, and they're useful for gaming too).

I'm also planning on getting the Saitek Eclipse II for a keyboard.

Anyone using one of these products that can comment on how well they perform? I'd probably classify myself as a low-sensitivity player- I tend to rest my arm on the desk and move the mouse primarily with my wrist and fingers rather than sweeping arm motions.
 
I looked through the forums for info about the Habu, and it just seems that you have to install both the 2.01 drivers and 2.01 firmware onto the mouse before rebooting to get it to work. If that's all, then it's not too big of a deal. Can anyone who has a Habu comment? I'd be interested in seeing what you did to get it to work, because that is a very valid point.
 
If you are able to install both 2.01 firmware/drivers (no easy task), you should be fine as long as you are not on x64. The habu just BSOD'd too much for me (on x64), ended up getting the MX518.
 
I have a Saitek Eclipse (not the Saitek Eclipse II) and I love it! I am not a gamer, just an avarage user but it's infinitly better than the old Dell keyboard I used to have. I'll never go back to anything without lighted keys!

I know it was the Eclipse II you asked about but I thought this might be of help :)
 
I love the siatek 2 keyboard. My only complaints are that it seems the lights are not as bright as the single light Saitek 1 keyboards. Purple is the best colour, followed by red for me. You have to switch colours everytime you start your PC but small issue since that is once every couple of days for me. It defaults back to blue when booting.
 
Back
Top