• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

H80 with AP-15s

camelass

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
272
I'm looking for a comparison in temps. The stock fans using the balanced (medium) fan profile vs a pair of AP-15s in the performance (high) profile. Does anyone have any numbers?
 
6748d1311108819-cpu-load-h80-v-scythe-ap-15-jpg


Source: http://www.eteknix.com/cooling/corsair-hydro-series-h80-liquid-cpu-cooler-review-1614/page7

I user AP-15s on my Antec 920, the same performance temperature wise, but a lot quieter, again purely subjective.
 
I see thanks for the info. I was kind of hoping there would be a bigger gap temperature wise between the two.
 
There's only so much performance difference you can make between the same RPM fans. The major difference between a GT and stock fans is the noise levels. If I remember correctly, the stock fans can go up to 2500 RPM.
 
Well that was the reasoning I was looking into this. I was doing some research to see if could get better temps running a pair of AP-15s under the performance profile with less / same noise level vs the stock fans at balanced.
 
Just keep in mind that temp reporting software is notoriously inaccurate below 50C. Seeing that your processor is at 35C really only tells you that your processor is below 50C. You can't rely on those numbers particularly when they're that close. The closer to TjMax the more accurate the numbers are. However, adding AP-15s probably won't be an earth shattering temp difference.
 
Back
Top