• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

H70 in a SG07

Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
12
I have a Scythe Model : sy1212sl12m-p Slip Stream 120mm 1600RPM Slim Case Fan ,So I will attach the radiator to the SG07 180mm 'Air Penetrator' fan than the Slip Stream under the radiator (not using the stock H70 fans) to make more room ,What do you think ? Run air in or out ?

My setup :

SilverStone Sugo SG07 Mini ITX Case
Gigabyte H55N USB3
i7 875K
Corsair H70
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz cmx8gx3m2a1600c9
OCZ Agility 2 ssd sata 2 60GB
Patriot Inferno ssd sata 2 60GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB sata
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Win Pro 7 64
 
I like running the air out so that the rest of the components stay cooler rather then heating them up.
 
Got the rig running:
On the H70 I have started overclocking the i7 875k from 2.93 GHz to 3.30Ghz
CPU temp 27c
Sys temp 46c
Need to cool chipsetwith a small fan.

039.jpg


028.jpg


I will post pics of Rad. after some wire Management.
 
I just got this EXACT same setup except an H50 in Tuesday. Well actually minus the drives. I have 2x Corsair V64's.

Are you running your SSD's in RAID 0? Which SATA ports are you using. Which connection did you use for the pump (I used CPU fan header).

I've just fired up my system for the first time a few hours ago and my BIOS is telling me that my CPU Temp is 88C...

Bout to start doing some diags.
 
I just got this EXACT same setup except an H50 in Tuesday. Well actually minus the drives. I have 2x Corsair V64's.

Are you running your SSD's in RAID 0? Which SATA ports are you using. Which connection did you use for the pump (I used CPU fan header).

I've just fired up my system for the first time a few hours ago and my BIOS is telling me that my CPU Temp is 88C...

Bout to start doing some diags.

I put Windows on 1 ssd than games ore on 2nd ssd and all other programs and pics are going onto the cav.black. I am running the pump off of the 12 v floppy wire ,I want the pump on full speed all the time. Did you set the cpu fan to stay on full speed in bios ?
 
I suggest no one put their H50 or H70 pump on the CPU header...

I'm pretty sure my pump was either not doing anything or not doing anything much. I switched the pump with the rad fan (putting the pump on SYS_FAN and the rad 120mm fan on the CPU_FAN) and now my temps are 27c idle via Real Temp. I think the BIOS temp readings are off for me anyway but still, I know the system was running MUCH hotter than it should be.

And yes, I disabled the "Smart" fan thing so the fan would run full speed. If I had a header to molex adapter with me at work I'd already have done what you did and plug the pump straight to power. I'm using a modular PSU and don't have the floppy header with me either.

Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to OC now and I'll post back with results.

EDIT: I'm changing VTT to 1.215 but OCCT is showing me 1.1 and under on the VCORE..., hmm.
 
Last edited:
That's just their "one size fits all" way of doing the backplate. You move the metal pins you see in one of the three holes at each corner depending on your socket.

I'm getting up to speed on the VCORE/VTT thing. This my first Core i7 OC. What can I use to show me that my VTT settings have taken effect? CPU-Z and OCCT only show me VCORE (which seems a bit low at 1.024 but I haven't adjusted it so that must be stock).

Damn, didn't mean to hijack your thread.
 
That's just their "one size fits all" way of doing the backplate. You move the metal pins you see in one of the three holes at each corner depending on your socket.

Ummm ok, didn't fit like that on my x58 / i7 / 920, twas even. all good though, if it works than all it matters
 
do you have the H55n mb , if so the easy tune 6 under tuner than advance than voltage you get what you are looking for.
 
Yes, I have the same mobo, processor, ram and case as you do. Thanks for the tip on the Easy Tune program showing VTT. Still playing in 10MHz increments on the bclock right now. Work is getting in the way of my playtime!
 
I suggest no one put their H50 or H70 pump on the CPU header...

I'm pretty sure my pump was either not doing anything or not doing anything much. I switched the pump with the rad fan (putting the pump on SYS_FAN and the rad 120mm fan on the CPU_FAN) and now my temps are 27c idle via Real Temp. I think the BIOS temp readings are off for me anyway but still, I know the system was running MUCH hotter than it should be.

And yes, I disabled the "Smart" fan thing so the fan would run full speed. If I had a header to molex adapter with me at work I'd already have done what you did and plug the pump straight to power. I'm using a modular PSU and don't have the floppy header with me either.

Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to OC now and I'll post back with results.

EDIT: I'm changing VTT to 1.215 but OCCT is showing me 1.1 and under on the VCORE..., hmm.

I have my h70 pump plugged into my cpu header, monitoring software says that the pump is spinning at 1398rpm and I have the fans plugged into sys_fan 1 or 2, cant recall which, but they show a speed of 2071rpm at the moment, but fluctuates between that and 2064rpm.

So its working for me, all cores on i7 930 are in the low to mid 30s idle and never higher than 59 maxed out 100% on prime, cpu is at 3.060 for day to day use and I have a profile for 3.6 for gaming on.

Temps never go above 60 on any core.

One thing I did notice was, I did what kyle did and had the 2 fans blowing hot air out of my pc, but now that its winter and the central heating is on all day, my room gets really hot and my temps were starting to rise, so I installed the fans as per the manual suggests, sucking air in. Doing it that way gave me a good 8-10oC temp change. I have a pretty cramped case, so a 10oC drop in temps is huge for me, because I do not have any fans blowing cool air in as my case doesnt support it, except for the 80mm door fan, but I have had to turn that around and use it to blow air out since the h70 fans are sucking air in.

I have heard of people who had their h50 and h70 rigged up, they noticed their temps were higher than they thought they should be and when inspecting the pump, they noticed it wasnt spinning at all, a quick nudge kicked it into life.

How often that happens with people I dont know, but cheers for the heads up about problems on the cpu header, as I will keep an eye on that now, since thats the header I use for the pump.
 
Back
Top