H55 itx or H67 itx?

the_transporter

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
223
I am looking to build an itx system. The combo I am thinking is either:

1. H55N-USB3 w/i5 760
2. Some H67 itx board w/i5-2400

Given that you can overclock 1 (to around 3.6GHz I read or more), but not 2 (as of now or permanently (?)), which option would be better in terms of overall performance and gaming?

The GPU I will be using is a GTX 560.

Thanks
 
Option 2.. But I would go for option 3. which is a 2500k & the cheap ass foxconn h67 board.. The reason for this route is to get the expensive part ready to OC & When p67 mitx boards become abailable replace the foxconn with a better board.

Cost..

Option 1 = 310
Option 2 = 327 (paird with intel h67 mitx board)
Option 3 = 305

All prices shipped with newegg prices..

The end cost for option 3 when you add a 2nd mobo later will of course end up higher, But you should at any point during the 1155 cycle be able to sell the foxconn for at-least 50 bucks on the FS/T forums to recoup most of the extra expense there.
 
Back
Top