• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

H20 and a Laptop

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
1,766
Was thinkin of adding a Koolance Exos to my laptop.
Would it be worth while ?
 
err.. isn't the idea of having a laptop to be portable? :confused: I guess if you just are keeping it in one place, it might work. But, you would pretty much have to heavily mod the thing to get waterblocks and everything to fit.

edit, now that I think about it.. it kinda sounds rediculous lol. But hey, it might be cool. It would only be as rediculous as watercooling the xbox 360 with that special exos cooler they made.
 
"it kinda sounds rediculous lol"
I do believe you mean't to say [H]ard :D
 
OPUS1 said:
"it kinda sounds rediculous lol"
I do believe you mean't to say [H]ard :D
yea, it sounds like something someone would do on [H]... only on [H]. :D
 
whaaa???
w/c a laptop?

hmmm... reallllly thin waterblocks and flexi-straws for tubing.

for added [H]ardness, you can use those loopty-loop straws to be visible through the bottom panel window. lmao.

do they make 25mm radiators?
 
Well, flat koolance block, out the side, down two 90 degree fittings, into a milled-out antec notebook cooler but with the milling like a snake-like pattern, into a really damn small pump, back out. Antec notebook cooler topped with acrylic to prevent leaks.

It's possible.
 
Someone's done it before, quick and ugly with some sort of kit. forgot where I saw it, but it was either overclockers or bit-tech.
 
I think intstead of using an exos you should look at getting the Thermaltake Tidewater.....I know I know but hear me out on this.

First of all the EXOS is huge, and just isn't practical to make something portable. Sure the Tidewater isn't that great but it has a few solid things going for it in terms of watercooling a laptop. The included waterblock is very thin, if I remember correctly it is under 10mm thick. The radiator is small and thin enough that you could probably mount it to the back of the monitor somehow. You could conceivably watercool your laptop and maintain portability.

The biggest problem with using an Exos kit is the fact that you have very little room to fit a waterblock, and you will likely have to rig up some custom bracket to mount any waterblock, assuming you can fit a regular one in there.

P.S.
I have aspirations of watercooling my dell laptop since it is out of warranty. Once I get a new one to replace it I am probably going to attempt to cannibalize one or two Tidewaters and watercool my laptop while keeping the ability to make it portable. At least that is my goal.
 
Mount the waterblock on the cpu, run thin tubing through the laptop case somehow out the back, and mount the rest of the stuff on the back of the LCD.

Shouldn't be too hard to keep is level on some raised feet.
 
Make it like this :cool:

sideviewdvdih2.jpg
 
Borgschulze said:
Make it like this :cool:

sideviewdvdih2.jpg

Aside from the fact that all your watercooling components are horridly undersized....decent try.

As for that Japanese thing, that is sort of what I invisioned, all though more ghetto canibalizing a Tt Tidewater.
 
Erasmus354 said:
Aside from the fact that all your watercooling components are horridly undersized....decent try.
Whoa, sorry Mr.Paint expert, I only spent 20 seconds on it.

No need to seem rude.
 
20lbs easily. Not THAT bad, but imagine the laptop bag you'd need to use it!

Heh, I can see Alienware copying your idea Borg, I'd (c) it before they do. ESPECIALLY the hyper extended raidator (Enhanced Alien Cooling) :).
 
Back
Top