H100i

x3nzox

Weaksauce
Any1 have experience with the H100i? I am afraid of the noise problems that I am reading about. I currently have a zalman 10x optima air cooler. Is it worth it to buy the H100i?

Any1 have experience with the H100i? I am afraid of the noise problems that I am reading about. I currently have a zalman 10x optima air cooler. Is it worth it to buy the H100i?

Ive been running one for quite a while now. I only had noise problems with the H100, puno grinding while the case was vertical and silence while horizontal, and after 3 RMA's they finally sent me an H100i.

The ONLY Issue I've had is the LED's not working or dying. The first one had a dead blue led and the second had a dead red. I've never been through so many RMA's in my life on any product, however the service and speed of the advanced RMA, and the performance and silence of the unit is more than enough to deal with past issues. All of my returns have been advanced RMA, and every time I've received and sent out the broken one, and they've received it before they've even charged my card.

So far this one has been rock solid and no issues for about 6 months, at least 12 hours a day (knock on wood). Regardless if this one has an issue and I'm in warranty, I will still RMA.

Take my issues as my issues though. For the past 8 years or so anything electronic I TRULY want, always has an issue, from my Sharp 52" to gpu's to my cell phones, there is always an issue, or flaw, or fault. My luck is just dirt terrible.

I'd advise you to get the H110 if it will fit or the H105. The H100 series either suffer from grind noise or dead LED's.

- Noisy stock fans (which could be replace)
- Noisy pump, no too bad by I can hear it at night
- Crap-tastic Corsair software, that only run with Admin login and half the time it doesn't detect half the stuff.

- Noisy stock fans (which could be replace)
- Noisy pump, no too bad by I can hear it at night
- Crap-tastic Corsair software, that only run with Admin login and half the time it doesn't detect half the stuff.

I can tell you right now, sitting 2 ft away from my case on my desk, I don't hear my pump.

I've changed out the fans as well to the corsair SP120 performance and run them on a fan controller at lowest setting. Everything is dead silent.

I've never had an issue with the software either.

My H100i has every color LED dead except for red, but works perfectly otherwise. I have two Cougar Vortex PWM fans on it and I cannot hear the cooler over the sound of the RV-02 180mm fans, even on their low setting, so I'd say noise is not a concern as long as you swap out the stock fans.

Mine is loud as hell and is super annoying. I'm assuming it's defective and I can't wait to replace it with something else.

if you can fit H105 due to thicker rad I would go with it.

it is the best water cooler so far from Corsair imo.

i have 3 h100i and one h80i working in 4 of my 7 home machines.. my personal machine i replaced the stock fans with 4x Noctua NF-F12.. the secondary have a push/pull of stock fans, and the third with stock fans.. the other 2 machine one its working with a H110 other with a H70 and the other with a kraken X60.. i can't say never a issue because the last year i had a problem with the impeller in the pump of one of the units however it was fast replaced by corsair, never a issue of leaks or any noise with the fans or the pumps, leds are working great still in all the units..

they work, i have an h100i and an h80i, all i can suggest is shopping for other fans if noise is an issue, the stock fans @ 2700 rpm are like tornadoes, think old thermaltake 80mm fans, from socket A days. And if anyone says they havent had issues with the software they are exaggerating, im sure they at least had the "wont save the run minimized setting" or "all my devices reset themselves when i reinstall a driver"

^ I have to agree, stock fans are bit on the loud side, but can be tone down to more tolerable level using link software. There are alternative fans out there to replace your stock fans. From Corsair SP series to Noctua NFs and NBs...totally up to your preference.

And if anyone says they havent had issues with the software they are exaggerating, im sure they at least had the "wont save the run minimized setting" or "all my devices reset themselves when i reinstall a driver"

Actually, there are Link users out there that never had an issue the minute they installed the SW in their system. I'm pretty surprised myself when ppl tell me that they never had a single issue. That said, we are fully aware of other link users are experiencing with both the device and software. I know what you mean though, the Link SW has been a hit and miss lately and we are trying our best to get all these bugs sorted out once and for all.

i've never had a single issue really with the Corsair Link Software and i use it with 2x h100i and 1x h80i..

I never had a problem out of my original H50 or H60. My Glacer 240L pump died within 3 months and my first H100i pump died within 3 months, lol.

However Corsair's advance RMA is awesome and my new H100i should be here tomorrow. It's awesome, when it works.

I never had a problem out of my original H50 or H60. My Glacer 240L pump died within 3 months and my first H100i pump died within 3 months, lol.

However Corsair's advance RMA is awesome and my new H100i should be here tomorrow. It's awesome, when it works.

Nice! Once you get the new H100i all installed in your system, let me know if you have some issues with it. Keep me posted ;)

Last edited:
Replacement is here and installed. Back to ~29c idle and ~65c load (23c ambient temp) max heat Prime 95. When pump died it'd go to 90c in the first minute lol.

I did advance RMA with Corsair and had my new unit in 2 days. Didn't speak to anyone or email anyone just filled out online form and it was instantly approved and shipped out next day.

Great service, even if the AIOs have some issues Corsair is the way to go because they're reasonable about issues and they're super fast with RMA. It's actually why I switched from my Glacer 240L to the H100i in the first place, because the customer service is so much better. Cooler Master took awhile to approve my RMA and shipped slow and I don't believe they offer an advance RMA option (or at least I didn't notice it and I almost always use it).

While the Glacer 240l performed a bit better in my system the fact that every AIO out there has known issues it's better to go with a company who won't BS you about replacement, has a long warranty and ships out RMA replacements fast. Oh and with advanced RMA obviously no or limited downtime.

My only regret is I don't have the H105. That'll be my next cooler unless they have something better out by the time I upgrade next.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that OpStar :) Temps looks good too, looks like you're back in business.

Thank you for the kinds words. We'll always do our very best to make sure that you guys are accommodated promptly when you guys need our support.

corsair is the only company making CLC that I know of that will do advance shipping on RMAs, their customer service is what keeps me buying their memory, PSUs and Coolers.... even if I did just have 2 year old ram spit out errors and a PSU come DOA from Newegg...

All of these devices will have some bad batches or units that fail and that makes customer service the number 2 criteria I use when deciding what to purchase... 1st is price/performance or feature ratio

My H100i has been running well in push pull with High performance SP120s 2 running off the Link software and 2 off my motherboard.

I have had trouble with the link software and the fans not following my custom curves correctly, even after I save it. and the layout keeps resetting or moving on me (not a big deal)

corsair is the only company making CLC that I know of that will do advance shipping on RMAs, their customer service is what keeps me buying their memory, PSUs and Coolers.... even if I did just have 2 year old ram spit out errors and a PSU come DOA from Newegg...

All of these devices will have some bad batches or units that fail and that makes customer service the number 2 criteria I use when deciding what to purchase... 1st is price/performance or feature ratio

My H100i has been running well in push pull with High performance SP120s 2 running off the Link software and 2 off my motherboard.

I have had trouble with the link software and the fans not following my custom curves correctly, even after I save it. and the layout keeps resetting or moving on me (not a big deal)

Same here. I will pay for customer service. I gave up on their RAM for a few years bc of so many problems but I have Corsair RAM in my current build and it's worked fine for a year so I guess now there is nothing Corsair that I won't buy.

I hope some questions (might be stupid too.. :) ) about these AIO systems. I am looking at the H110 for my upcoming build and am wondering if, first they are good for 24/7 operation, and also, should the pump fail can the system be set to keep my shit from getting cooked?

Yes they are fine fro 24/7

and yes if failure occurs your stuff is safe, this is native to a BIOS in general, if its sensors get a temperature trip, it will shut down, this is a thermal shut down.

Yes they are fine fro 24/7

and yes if failure occurs your stuff is safe, this is native to a BIOS in general, if its sensors get a temperature trip, it will shut down, this is a thermal shut down.

Thanks, I have been out of the custom build loop for so long I'm WAY behind and need to catch up.

Remember this is *not* custom, it is a AIO setup. There are benifits to AIO, personally i got feet wet with an H50 and then dove in on a full custom loop.

Remember this is *not* custom, it is a AIO setup. There are benifits to AIO, personally i got feet wet with an H50 and then dove in on a full custom loop.

Maybe I should expand on my meaning of the word "custom." Yes, the cooling solution is not custom, but the build itself is, as in, it is not off the shelf. I have built cooling loops before, back in the DangerDen days (that is all I bought from 99 - 04), but this time around, I am choosing to go with an AIO solution so that I can put more twords the other components. :)

Im still stuck on air cool, purchased this h100 and still havent hooked it up, dont want to. Guess im old and cant move on, Custom loops were a danger to go to back in my day, seem liked their were a lot of guys not hooking it up right and you would see alot of damaged pc hardware. But these close looks still scared to use it. Will hook it up soon though but dont know when.

Im still stuck on air cool, purchased this h100 and still havent hooked it up, dont want to. Guess im old and cant move on, Custom loops were a danger to go to back in my day, seem liked their were a lot of guys not hooking it up right and you would see alot of damaged pc hardware. But these close looks still scared to use it. Will hook it up soon though but dont know when.

When we launched our first gen AIO coolers years ago, the feedbacks we got from the public were pretty much inline with yours. Their risky, high failure rate, time bomb in your system, so on and so forth. But as soon that people started using them in their system, the perception with these coolers started changing from "I'm not too sure if this cooler is safe" to "I'll definitely recommend this to my friends and family". Actual users started voicing out their experiences with these AIO coolers in regards to its reliability and safety, in hundreds and eventually in thousands. As a testament to those claims, from our side, we started seeing a profound increase in sales #s with very minimal return. At the end, the consensus within the communities are, these coolers are actually practical, efficient, and requires very minimal effort to install in comparison to CWC. With that said, of course we had come across issues over the years, from an occasional DOA to leak reports. But most of those cases were isolated, nothing major where we had to re-engineer the cooler's overall design,

Anyway, let us know what your thoughts are once you have installed the cooler :)

I'm using an H100i in my new SFF build (in sig). I've had it running only for a couple of weeks, but smooth sailing, so far. :)

cool to see a hardware rep here. Glad to see a presence on the boards.

hope you guys release a new version of the corsair link, because it is buggy with Windows 8.1

hardware has been working great!

cool to see a hardware rep here. Glad to see a presence on the boards.

hope you guys release a new version of the corsair link, because it is buggy with Windows 8.1

hardware has been working great!

if you have h80i or h100i download directly from the product page.. for example: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

i noticed the product version of corsair link its 2.4.5110.. that software work with the corsair link integrated in the pumps of h100i and h80i and work flawlessly, the other "General Version" of corsair link i think its for the Corsair link separated kit it even read all the motherboard temperature sensors and allow to also override the control of the motherboard fans but its extremely buggy and have A LOT of problems that version its the v2.6.5214. and that can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/downloads but not in the h80i/h100i page.. so i think to make it work correctly its better to use the software in the product page the version 2.4.5110. at least thats how i made to work properly in all my machines and i have 2x h100i and 2x h80i...

well after some check, it seems that its a new version of corsair link software released yesterday, the 2.7.5332 and it seems to again its full of bugs not being able even to automatically control the fans and still persist the bug that annoyed me a lot, the crash of the app when trying to update the profile.. so again, try with the 2.4.5110

well after some check, it seems that its a new version of corsair link software released yesterday, the 2.7.5332 and it seems to again its full of bugs not being able even to automatically control the fans and still persist the bug that annoyed me a lot, the crash of the app when trying to update the profile.. so again, try with the 2.4.5110

We had to pull that version (2.7) down due to some bugs that were overlooked during validation. We are in the process of ironing them out and get them rectified. We'll soon release a new version free of those bugs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just built a new system (in sig) with an h100i, no problems so far, idle around 25, peaks high 60's under full load with oc.

I have two AMD 8350 and OCed 965. The run quiet, the temps are great. Nuff said.

I think what you can gather here is that it depends... it's a bit of a lottery when it comes to noise. I have an H100 that's been running for over a year with no issues, but I have an H100i that started having pump noise after about 6 months. Granted, the H100i gets abused a lot worse (in a temperature-controlled chamber going from 0C to 45C+ all day), but neither loop has grown any less efficient over its lifetime.

Also, thanks Joseph for the support on these forums. I've been a long time fan of Corsair products and it's nice to get info straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I'm still using a H110 with the build in my sig. It's been rocking for about a year now cooling my 4930k at 4.4~4.5, (I've reduced the OC to 4.4 recently). Idle temps are in the high 20s to low 30s C and at load it generally stays in the low to mid 60s C (I probably need to clean it, it has been awhile since the last dust off). I haven't had any issues with it to date though.

I have a H105. My board only has 2 fan headers (ASRock z87 ITX)

Does it matter which one I hook the pump up to? (CPU or Chasis) I'd assume not... or would it be better to run it straight off the PSU with an adapter?

Is the pump expected to run 100% 24x7 ?

I'd put it on your chassis header, and set it to 100% in bios....allow the fan to be on the CPU header (So you can have variable if desired)

And yes, you should have no issues running it 24/7

I think what you can gather here is that it depends... it's a bit of a lottery when it comes to noise. I have an H100 that's been running for over a year with no issues, but I have an H100i that started having pump noise after about 6 months. Granted, the H100i gets abused a lot worse (in a temperature-controlled chamber going from 0C to 45C+ all day), but neither loop has grown any less efficient over its lifetime.

Also, thanks Joseph for the support on these forums. I've been a long time fan of Corsair products and it's nice to get info straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Thank you sir :) We'll do our best to make sure that we provide you guys as much support as possible.

Just a quick update regarding Corsair Link. If you haven't already, you guys can download the latest version of C link version 2.7.5339

Here is the change log;

• Fan control on H80i/H100i works on all selectable options.
  • CPU usage over time addressed for all platforms.
  • Logging on multiple devices at once enhanced.
  • H80i/H100i detection issues on some platforms running Win 8/8.1.
  • Boot up .Net framework error addressed.
  • Start minimized option setting retained after restart.
  • Maximum Celsius degree for “custom curve” has been changed to 90c.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

Back