H100 airflow concern

B!nd.

Gawd
I wont be using a push-pull system.

I was wondering which direction the airflow would work best?

2468lsx.png

for the radiator, if only using push OR pull, pull works slightly better.
For your case, I'd suggest option one, but turn the fan into pull condition:)

Option 1 with the fans between the radiator and the case.

If you have bottom intake or side panel intakes, definitely option 1.

Option 1 with the fans between the radiator and the case.

If you have bottom intake or side panel intakes, definitely option 1.

I probably should have sepcified the case....650D

so no side panel just the fron intake and rear exhaust. The idea is to cool the radiator correct? So it seems that fans inbetween the case and rad with the air getting pulled into the case would be the best option no?

I have a 550d and I have the fans inside the top of the case then the rad. The fans blow thru the rad down into the case sucking air from out the top.

I don't see why anyone would mount it any differently.

I have a 550d and I have the fans inside the top of the case then the rad. The fans blow thru the rad down into the case sucking air from out the top.

I don't see why anyone would mount it any differently.

That seems to make the most sense. I guess my initial personal debate was, "Do I pull cool air in? Or shouldI push warm air out?"

Thanks for the help.

I have a Corsair 500r and a H100 in config 1, doesn't seem to affect the temps much. 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.325v mid 20's idle, 64 max load running prime95 for hours.

Even though the other config is recommended, I hate dust very much.

I have a Corsair 500r and a H100 in config 1, doesn't seem to affect the temps much. 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.325v mid 20's idle, 64 max load running prime95 for hours.

Even though the other config is recommended, I hate dust very much.

Interesting. I will be running the same CPU hopefully with those same numbers. Thanks for the tips, I hate dust as well.

With my case the 500r, Corsair says to use the option one you listed but make the rear fan an intake to provide fresh cool air to blow out through the radiator.
I use this config with a magnetic filter on the rear fan to remove dust. the 500r case works and looks amazing with the h100 imho.

With my case the 500r, Corsair says to use the option one you listed but make the rear fan an intake to provide fresh cool air to blow out through the radiator.
I use this config with a magnetic filter on the rear fan to remove dust. the 500r case works and looks amazing with the h100 imho.

Hmm that makes sense as well. With that option though I feel the rad will weaken my exhaust. Im using the 650D. Idk I guess that really doesn't make sense now that I think about.

Ugh I hate how nothing is just one way. All I want is something that will be effective lol. :(

I did option 1 since I don't really want to increase the heat in my case. I also have 8 fans running with 1 of them pulling in cool air from the side panel so I get cool air running to the H100 so my temps have been pretty good.

I did option 1 since I don't really want to increase the heat in my case. I also have 8 fans running with 1 of them pulling in cool air from the side panel so I get cool air running to the H100 so my temps have been pretty good.

8 fans?! Where do you fit them all? I will only be having my front intake which is 200mm and rear exhaust 120mm with H100 mounted at the top. There is no vent for a side panel fan, I hope I have enough circulation! :eek:

8 fans?! Where do you fit them all? I will only be having my front intake which is 200mm and rear exhaust 120mm with H100 mounted at the top. There is no vent for a side panel fan, I hope I have enough circulation! :eek:

2 from the H100, 2 front intake fans, 1 140mm side fan, 1 bottom intake fan, 1 rear exhaust and 1 connected to the hard drive cage fan bracket. It's a pretty cool feature for NZXT to include a tilting fan bracket next to the cage.

2 from the H100, 2 front intake fans, 1 140mm side fan, 1 bottom intake fan, 1 rear exhaust and 1 connected to the hard drive cage fan bracket. It's a pretty cool feature for NZXT to include a tilting fan bracket next to the cage.

Ah nice man. I wish I had the option to add more fans but oh well, I think I will be fine.

I am getting ready to build my IB rig - I have the Corsiar 500R as well and just picked up the H100.

Two questions:

1) Are the H100 stock fans quiet and efficient, or am I better off replacing them? If so, with what?

2) Also thinking of single (for now, he he) GTX 680 - believe it pushes hot air out the back vs. 7970 dumping it in the case. If out the back then H100 could vent out the top, right? Like option 1 above. That would be front two fans + side fan pulling in, H100 on top + back case fan + 680 pushing out the back. Plus had to mount AX1250 with fan pointing up, as fan guard grill won't let me mount it blowing down.

Back