H100 +2 ultra Kaze buy 2 more for push/pull or new set of fans ?

vvilliamm

Gawd
Case: corsair 800d
Setup: h100 with two ultra kaze pull air into the air from the top.

I recently changed my setup to have my 2 Ultra Kaze's as intake on the h100 instead of exhaust. People said it would be better to have the top and bottom for intake and the back for exhaust for my case.

Ive been using 6-32 x 2 inch screws with like 6 washers. Is there an actual size screw I should get that will fix perfectly without washers? I recently bought the demciflex magnetic filter
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...800D_Magnetic_Dust_Fan_Filter_-_Top_Piece.htm

The filter doesn't sit properly obviously becase i have a large screw washers on poking out. I was trying to see if anyone have any experience with the right size screw for the ultra kaze+h100?

I was also thinking of purchasing two more Ultra Kaze's to do a push/pull.
Should I invest in 4 new fans that offer better cooling compared to the ultra kaze? I dont mind buying 4 new fans.. if it helps. Just need some advice.

Also where do you guys find these 3 pin to 4 pin adapters
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/35-185-059-03.jpg < i need some to power my case fans.. a lot of times the fans i buy doesn't come with it. I cant find it on newegg or amazon (prime shipping). Is there another way people are powering these? lol.. besides using mobo / fan controller.

If you have an H100 and want to spend more money, get real water cooling. No joke. Different fans won't do much but make you sleep better - or worse...

I bought several packs of 6-32x2" screws and then used a dremel to cut them down to the length I needed; A friend of mine used bolt cutters.

For radiators, a lot of people are going to say Gentle Typhoon AP15s because of the high static pressure, but if you're comfortable with the noise/tone/pitch from your Ultra Kaze fans then I say just get two more of them. Personally, I was able to use my employee discount for some Antec Tri-Cool fans and they provide the cooling I need at a noise level that I can tolerate (on medium speed).

Also, here's a link to several different power adapters at FrozenCPU. I'm sure you'll find one that fits your needs.
http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g47...essories-Fan_Cables-3_Pin_Adapters-Page1.html

hmm since adding fans isnt going to help.. im wondering whats another 4 fans i can get that will give me the same performance as a push/pull ultra kaze with less noise and pitch?

any more suggestions?
Gentle typhoon ap15's

What do you mean adding fans isn't going to help? push/pull>pull

Also, what performance are you seeing right now? (CPU, voltage, clock, temp, etc...) and what performance are you looking for?

If you have an H100 and want to spend more money, get real water cooling. No joke. Different fans won't do much but make you sleep better - or worse...

This guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I'm using an H100 and have tried many different fans on it. On an i5 3570K @ 4.4 with 1.2V, 100% load, using Prime95 277 blend, my max temp is 60C using two Ultra Kaze. Ambient is 78F (25.5C) Same specs as above, using two Cougar CF-V12HPB's max temp was 62C. I added two more CF-V12HPB's in P/P and max temp was 60C. Now, when I added the Kaze's in P/P, my max temp was 57C. Now, as for spending the money, I don't think you can get a decent custom loop, that performs as good as an H100 for the $180 or so for new fans and the H100. The loop on my i7 920 @ 4.0 with 1.35V maxes out at 74C and I paid about 3x what I did for the H100. My 2 cents

Push/pull with the KAZe 3000RPM fans works well and even better with shrouds.

This is my H50 set up I used to run.

H50DFIX58JRwithdual25mmghettoshroud.jpg

well i want to thank you guys i ended up getting 4 gentle typhoons instead and replaced all my stock 140mm corsair fans with noisblockers..

currently im running 4.5ghz with 1.3v on a i7 2600k.

for some strange reason hardforums replies ended up being in my spam folder so i thought no 1 else replied to my thread

SonDa how come 4 fans are better than 2 for your cooling setup? I think you are just add more noise with this setup instead of better cooling!

Last edited:
Back