[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

Also I think bots are slamming the site as well. I have Never been able to check video cards on Amazon. I think bots kill it before anything.

Yup.... At this current time, you pretty much need a bot on any site period. Theres even a bot now that bypasses the wait time on bestbuy, so that is pretty much impossible as well.

I bought a prebuilt with 1660 super and 3600x for a 2nd pc.
Might take it out that case an buy and itx mobo and out it into the NR200 and then sell the extra parts and sell the Dell pc also

Yup.... At this current time, you pretty much need a bot on any site period. Theres even a bot now that bypasses the wait time on bestbuy, so that is pretty much impossible as well.
You can still build prebuilds at Dell or Alienware with 3080s for just over $2K, and minimal RAM and Hard Drive specs otherwise. That’s about the only thing you can get with no hassle and no bot. It just takes a month to ship.

slickdeals marked it expired, but it’s still active, just doesn’t have a $50 of $699 coupon anymore.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14907398-d...-w-sd-cashback-pc-req-d?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

the Dell OEM 3080 alone sells for $2100 on eBay every day, making the rest of the rig free if you so chose to sell the GPU. Kind of insane really.

1617981975300.jpg

Last edited:
You can still build prebuilds at Dell or Alienware with 3080s for just over $2K, and minimal RAM and Hard Drive specs otherwise. That’s about the only thing you can get with no hassle and no bot. It just takes a month to ship.

slickdeals marked it expired, but it’s still active, just doesn’t have a $50 of $699 coupon anymore.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14907398-d...-w-sd-cashback-pc-req-d?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

the Dell OEM 3080 alone sells for $2100 on eBay every day, making the rest of the rig free if you so chose to sell the GPU. Kind of insane really.
I’m tempted to order one just to have all the 3000 series cards I need. I’ve been able to get 1 from eVGA directly and I’m like 40 away in the queue for my 2070S step up so it’s probably not worth it for the third system. Either way it’s a decent way to get a card if you must have one.

I’m tempted to order one just to have all the 3000 series cards I need. I’ve been able to get 1 from eVGA directly and I’m like 40 away in the queue for my 2070S step up so it’s probably not worth it for the third system. Either way it’s a decent way to get a card if you must have one.
Is there a way to check the Step-up queue status and see how long you have to wait for your turn?

If you want it now, here’s another option currently in stock. Pricey, but a really nice rig. Probably the best specs I’ve seen on a prebuilt for the price, and in stock.

$2800
3080 (looks to be Asus Tuf brand)
1TB NVME + 1TB platter
10900KF 10core 20thread
32 GB RAM PC3200
Asus Strix MB
Asus RoG Case
gold efficiency PSU. (Not sure if wattage or if standardized)
https://www.newegg.com/asus-g35cz-x...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-83-221-656-_-04092021

If you want it now, here’s another option currently in stock. Pricey, but a really nice rig. Probably the best specs I’ve seen on a prebuilt for the price, and in stock.

$2800
1TB NVME + 1TB platter
10900KF 10core 20thread
32 GB RAM PC3200
Asus Strix MB
Asus RoG Case
https://www.newegg.com/asus-g35cz-x...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-83-221-656-_-04092021
That's quite solid. The Strix is a very nice card, and the rest of the specs are such that you wouldn't really need to upgrade anything, even for years.

Good to know. Thanks dude. I may actually buy that. I am a member on SD and was following some of those threads. I have actually flipped like 6 computers systems, but I never was able to get in on the 3080 deals. I made a fatal mistake. A while back the system for the 3080 was like $1700 with a 3080 and I never bought one. Not sure what I was thinking.

$2800
1TB NVME + 1TB platter
10900KF 10core 20thread
32 GB RAM PC3200
Asus Strix MB
Asus RoG Case

I am warning people. Do not order this. I love the case design. I returned mine the second day. Asus just slammed the AIO at full speed. This shit was a jet engine out Out of the box. The video card was choking and my video card was DOA. Had squares on screen right away when I would launch to test 3dmark and restart. Memory was DOA.

If I could keep the case sure but man who ever is building these at ASUs is being lazy I configuring and it almost seems like asus is slamming shit parts in this.

Go with Newegg in-house ABS build a lot better when it comes to configuration out of the box and actually seem tested for bad parts. I ordered ABS build with evga ftw3 ultra 3080.

Luckily these were out of stock because I didn’t want a replacement and these are replacement only. So they refunded me.

Agreed. Getting to the point the manufacturers themselves are screwing the consumer with their markups. Reference $479 aftermarket at $849. Absolute joke.

how? supply and demand. If they can sell them out at twice the price why wouldn't you.

I am warning people. Do not order this. I love the case design. I returned mine the second day. Asus just slammed the AIO at full speed. This shit was a jet engine out Out of the box. The video card was choking and my video card was DOA. Had squares on screen right away when I would launch to test 3dmark and restart. Memory was DOA.

If I could keep the case sure but man who ever is building these at ASUs is being lazy I configuring and it almost seems like asus is slamming shit parts in this.

Go with Newegg in-house ABS build a lot better when it comes to configuration out of the box and actually seem tested for bad parts. I ordered ABS build with evga ftw3 ultra 3080.

Luckily these were out of stock because I didn’t want a replacement and these are replacement only. So they refunded me.
Got an ABS yesterday and the video card was DOA and it appears CPU cooler was damaged in shipping (bent at heat pipes). It was decently packaged too so I don’t know what happened. No response from ABS yet. Really bummed video card was EVGA too. PSU was gigabyte 🤮

Not to discount your experience, but it’s probably reasonable to think your experience is surely not nominal for ASUS’s premier Republic of Gamer brand.
Perhaps the heatsink was knocked loose in shipping and that caused the loud fans and temp problems — and there’s always the low chance of faulty parts otherwise.

I toyed with the idea of purchasing that for about an hour before I decided to pass. I think it represents a good value in the current market, but unless I was going to sell the 3080, it didn’t represent a good value as a whole machine for someone who already has all the parts I really need and spare parts of most components to boot.

A little thing, but was the side panel tempered glass or plexi? I hate plexi - it scratches and looks like crap in RGB lighting even after just wiping the normal dust accumulation off.

Not to discount your experience, but it’s probably reasonable to think your experience is surely not nominal for ASUS’s premier Republic of Gamer brand.
Perhaps the heatsink was knocked loose in shipping and that caused the loud fans and temp problems — and there’s always the low chance of faulty parts otherwise.

I toyed with the idea of purchasing that for about an hour before I decided to pass. I think it represents a good value in the current market, but unless I was going to sell the 3080, it didn’t represent a good value as a whole machine for someone who already has all the parts I really need and spare parts of most components to boot.

A little thing, but was the side panel tempered glass or plexi? I hate plexi - it scratches and looks like crap in RGB lighting even after just wiping the normal dust accumulation off.
There were a few cases I was looking at and the plexi side was a deal breaker after seeing YouTube videos.

Agreed. Getting to the point the manufacturers themselves are screwing the consumer with their markups. Reference $479 aftermarket at $849. Absolute joke.
And yet in 6 months they will be 1749 unless Nv and AMD get their act together and all indications are they won't. Up til Jan 3090s weren't even on scalpers' radars because the markup after fees was so low relative to cost, boy has that changed in the past few weeks.

Even further back in Oct-Nov, 2xxx cards were still easy to get on Amazon warehouse and evga b stock, now the feeding frenzy cleans them out instantly too...

And yet in 6 months they will be 1749 unless Nv and AMD get their act together and all indications are they won't. Up til Jan 3090s weren't even on scalpers' radars because the markup after fees was so low relative to cost, boy has that changed in the past few weeks.

Even further back in Oct-Nov, 2xxx cards were still easy to get on Amazon warehouse and evga b stock, now the feeding frenzy cleans them out instantly too...

Even 1080s, which are still great were 300 bucks like 8 months ago are now likw 700

Micro Center just upped the price of the 5600X to $349 on the website today. I have no idea if AMD has increased prices or microcenter just decided to gouge people a bit, but I can see this hurting AMD if it continues. The 10850K is also $349 at microcenter. The 10700K is $269.
I like AMD but come on......

Not just mine. Check out other reviews. No nothing was loose. Fans were turned to go all out. I fixed it in bios and then rtx 3080 took a shit the same day. Space invaders and restart. They are apprantely using some cheap memory too. I agree ROG is premier brand but whoever is building their systems not living up to those expectations.

Last edited:
Micro Center just upped the price of the 5600X to $349 on the website today. I have no idea if AMD has increased prices or microcenter just decided to gouge people a bit, but I can see this hurting AMD if it continues. The 10850K is also $349 at microcenter. The 10700K is $269.
I like AMD but come on......

When amd was starting to kick ass again my microcenter moved AMD to the other side and put intel CPUs in the front. Don’t forget intel has lot more cash. I wouldn’t be surprised if microcenter is happy selling intel more then amd off perks. It happens in retail.

Last edited:
Got mine @ $550 - Best Buy!

I'm leary as hell of ABS they clearly say "Brand may vary" for gpu with the market the way it is they are probably slapping the cheapest things they can get their hands on in them now. Surprised you got it with an EVGA let alone FTW Ultra.

Don't look for any of this to shake itself out for at least a year. We still haven't felt the full effects of the Covid shutdown. All of the foundries are ripe to start charging whatever they see fit once contracts expire. As things open back up, demand is staggering.

I've heard from some people in the automotive industry. It's very bad. Their chips have dried up. They can't even get enough foam for seat padding. Electrical components aren't easy to come by either. All roads lead to China. Car dealershios are looking sparse.

Steel is getting scarce to the point that small local suppliers are getting calls from large outfits who gobble it all up. Lumber has probably quadrupled in price over the last year.

We didn't get into this mess overnight and we're not getting out of it overnight. Make sure your vehicles are in good shape now. Ride everything out as long as you can. I know it sucks, but unless you are making money with your computer, it should be low on the priority list for your expenditures.

I'm leary as hell of ABS they clearly say "Brand may vary" for gpu with the market the way it is they are probably slapping the cheapest things they can get their hands on in them now. Surprised you got it with an EVGA let alone FTW Ultra.

They have bunch of different systems. Some systems are bands may vary not all. Some systems have all evga parts and some systems have evga ftw3 ultra guaranteed.

Their 3090s are usually brands may vary. I got one that had zotac, it works fine no issues, slapped some aftermarket memory pads on it and runs nice, cool and quiet. Got another one that had evga 3080 ftw3 ultra. It will say in the specs what it comes with clearly on these, 3080s seems to have builds that are guaranteed a certain brand.

They are selling one with all evga parts with 3299 with 3080 including evga keybaord and mouse, its literally all evga it seems other then memory and motherboard.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali504/p/N82E16883360099?Description=rtx 3080&cm_re=rtx_3080-_-83-360-099-_-Product

But this one is 600 cheaper. So this is the one I got with FTW3 ultra.

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali485/p/N82E16883360080?Item=N82E16883360080

Last edited:
Be more leery of their nonexistent customer support. I returned it to Newegg because they don’t answer emails or answer the customer support line.

Be more leery of their nonexistent customer support. I returned it to Newegg because they don’t answer emails or answer the customer support line.
They returned my email. But did take 2 days.

Don't look for any of this to shake itself out for at least a year. We still haven't felt the full effects of the Covid shutdown. All of the foundries are ripe to start charging whatever they see fit once contracts expire. As things open back up, demand is staggering.

I've heard from some people in the automotive industry. It's very bad. Their chips have dried up. They can't even get enough foam for seat padding. Electrical components aren't easy to come by either. All roads lead to China. Car dealershios are looking sparse.

Steel is getting scarce to the point that small local suppliers are getting calls from large outfits who gobble it all up. Lumber has probably quadrupled in price over the last year.

We didn't get into this mess overnight and we're not getting out of it overnight. Make sure your vehicles are in good shape now. Ride everything out as long as you can. I know it sucks, but unless you are making money with your computer, it should be low on the priority list for your expenditures.
You ain’t shitting on the lumber. A sheet of 1/2” plywood is $90. Last year at this time is was about $40.

He’s in one of the discord’s I’m in. He’s one of those botters that gets all the stock in seconds. Really annoying dude too when he talks lol. He probably has tons of Newegg accounts for the shuffle.

This kind of garbage is why I miss brick and mortar business, internet has made it far too easy now to game the system on a high demand product.

So I bought this https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali502/p/N82E16883360097?Item=N82E16883360097
and it came with doa 3080. Put in another card and it works.

Card looks like this... damaged connector. Shame they ship mondo card attached to mobo without a proper anchor.
https://i.************/yph47N0/IMG-20210409-231932.jpg
I guess theres no worthwhile way to repair?

Attachments

• IMG_20210409_231932.jpg
    IMG_20210409_231932.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 0
Back