[H] Stock Alerts, Tips & Tears for Nvidia, AMD, Intel, PS5, XBOX

I see the Aorus Master 3080 is now $1,109 and the Vision OC 3080 is $1,099 at BestBuy, if you could buy them. Pure insanity.

I would've pounced. It'll be the most sought-after 6700XT because of "Strix", but more importantly its rare 256-bit membus; most other 6700XT's have 192. Review sites haven't caught on to this yet.
I think this is a mistake. 256-bit does not make sense. If the memory was 256 bit then the total ram for the card should be 8GB or 16GB, not 12GB

Also if it was 256 then we should see some performance uplift, but that is not the case. Techpowerup did a review of the Strix and it does not do much different than the standard cards. It is less than 1 fps faster at most in Cyberpunk 2077 for example, at all resolutions: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-radeon-rx-6700-xt-strix-oc/11.html
Overall it is maybe 1% better than the standard cards, and that is only because of the small overclock on the boost speed.

Asus needs to fix their misleading specs on these cards.

I have a 3090fe mining, chips cool as ice, vram is hotter than heck.
GPU: 48c
VRAM: 108c
According to nvidia it's normal.... it is possible to take apart a 3090 (and i think 3080), add in a thin piece of plastic, and get -10-20degrees on vram.

While I am tempted, I am not gonna risk my precious warranty taking it apart, putting a 120mm fan on the back plate reduces temps by 8-10c anyways.

You have to take it apart and replace the thermal pads if you want lower temps on the VRAM. I was somewhat skeptical, but it's seriously a 20C drop if you take your time and get decent pads. If I crank up mining software, I run at 90C on the VRAM at 122MH/s in an ITX case.

You have to take it apart and replace the thermal pads if you want lower temps on the VRAM. I was somewhat skeptical, but it's seriously a 20C drop if you take your time and get decent pads. If I crank up mining software, I run at 90C on the VRAM at 122MH/s in an ITX case.
Just put a water block on it! I get 40c on the gpu and mid 50s on the memory while mining on a 3080 ftw 3. I am getting 102mh/s atm at 225w.

While I am tempted, I am not gonna risk my precious warranty taking it apart, putting a 120mm fan on the back plate reduces temps by 8-10c anyways.

This. Put a 120mm fan blowing air away on the back of the card. No need to mount anything just leave it sitting there blowing air up and away.

On today's shuffle the closest thing to a reasonably priced card is probably a $770 3070 Asus TUF.
1616170047731.png

On today's shuffle the closest thing to a reasonably priced card is probably a $770 3070 Asus TUF.
View attachment 340443
I honestly wouldn't call 770 from asus reasonable. I would go with a card closest to MSRP which is probably sapphire 6700xt and even that is not reasonable. Given XFX after market cards were barely priced above MSRP yesterday at launch.

I honestly wouldn't call 770 from asus reasonable. I would go with a card closest to MSRP which is probably sapphire 6700xt and even that is not reasonable. Given XFX after market cards were barely priced above MSRP yesterday at launch.

I said closest to reasonable, but you might be right about which is less unreasonable. :banghead:

Considering performance vs pricing, that 6700XT is the best worst GPU option on this shuffle.
Eh, at least its cheaper than the other 6700xt's.

Did I miss it the first time or did newegg sneak this one into the shuffle after it already started?
1616176958024.png

Not good pricing, but its only $120 over current MSRP for the FTW3. At least its from the short list of GPU's that I actually wanted.

Did I miss it the first time or did newegg sneak this one into the shuffle after it already started?
View attachment 340474

Not good pricing, but its only $120 over current MSRP for the FTW3. At least its from the short list of GPU's that I actually wanted.
I looked back and it wasnt in my list

View attachment 340474

They probably added it at some point after I noted what was up. It happens all the time. Also, that's not a bad combo, as the PSU is decent quality and getting the 3070 FTW for $700 is a better price than most high tier 3070s if you have use for the PSU.

They probably added it at some point after I noted what was up. It happens all the time. Also, that's not a bad combo, as the PSU is decent quality and getting the 3070 FTW for $700 is a better price than most high tier 3070s if you have use for the PSU.
Yup, not there when I clicked some time right after 1PM EST. It's now the new best worst deal on that list.

How do you do that? I refreshed because there was no back page available but nothing happened

I'm talking about after they added the new card that wasn't there initially. Initially I did it on my phone. Then I saw that the EVGA card was included, so I went in on my desktop and tried again and I was able to repick my selections.

Would you share what pads you use and perhaps the instructions/video that you used to do this? I see many out there but I am not sure which is the proper pad and method. Thanks.

View attachment 340474

That ticks me off. I totally would have gone for that. And yes, that is the best worst priced deal on the whole list!

I want that white Strix 3070 in todays’s Shuffle. I trying to play mind games with Newegg’s servers by only selecting one thing a day.
thats probably how it works, i have ALWAYS sellected like more than half, and i have never been selected. a guy at worked yesterday selected 2 things and got them both.

thats probably how it works, i have ALWAYS sellected like more than half, and i have never been selected. a guy at worked yesterday selected 2 things and got them both.
That is entirely against their terms and conditions, clearly stated on their website. Once selected for an item, you are disqualified for the rest of them. Perhaps it was an "either/or" thing with a bundle, and it just looked like he had two options? Did it really let him order both on the same account??

Pulled straight from their FAQ on the shuffle:

"A maximum of 1 selection per customer event can be granted per Shuffle event."

He couldn't have been chosen for two items in the same event unless he's gaming the system with multiple accounts.

It showed both in his cart, he only bought 1 of them but it looked like he could have just clicked pay now and got both? Honestly i have no idea how it works, never been selected.

It showed both in his cart, he only bought 1 of them but it looked like he could have just clicked pay now and got both? Honestly i have no idea how it works, never been selected.
Could have been a glitch. Stranger things have happened! ;)

Would you share what pads you use and perhaps the instructions/video that you used to do this? I see many out there but I am not sure which is the proper pad and method. Thanks.

I used the GN video for teardown:

I bought 3 packs of a combination of Gelid and Thermalright 1.5mm pads. I probably would have used all Thermalright, but I couldn't get 3 packs quickly, so I bought 2 Gelid and 1 Thermalright.

Then I referenced this post on overclock.net for placement on the rear. The front side was pretty obvious where the pads should go.
https://www.overclock.net/threads/possibly-widespread-cooling-issues-on-rtx-3090-fe.1775245/page-2

Falkentyne who did a lot of the work is a member here.

If it's going to be a mining card, it wouldn't hurt to put small heatsinks on the backplate to increase the surface area.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
go go go gol

https://www.newegg.com/skytech-st-omega-0145-ne/p/N82E16883289073?Item=N82E16883289073

$2499. Just ordered lol. Canceling my HP soon.

1616199550031.png

Get it next week for free. I just can't believe I fell upon this just browsing. Newegg had ABS one yesterday for 2699. This is actually better chip and cheaper.

I could probably order two separately but newegg will likely cancel since its 1 per houshold. Plus I would rather have someone else score one.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Saw it earlier on NEB and considered posting, but you're overpaying by about $500 considering every corner has been cut on the rest of the components.

But for anyone that was already considering paying $2000 for a standalone 3080, knock yourself out I guess. If you can sell the rest of the system sans GPU for $900 then you have a 3080 for $1600-$1700 after tax.

I need a system. Overpaying? I guess a little but not when every other system is going for 3k plus with 3080? I am not sure about the statement every corner has been cut. Sure I would love to build one by paying up the ass for 3080 like north of 1500 alone on ebay or other means. So at this point this is a no brainer plus it gets here quick then waiting month or 2 from dell or HP.

I can pretty much guarantee this has better parts then HP or Dell. So I totally don't agree with every corner has been cut at least not without seeing it with my own eyes. They have pretty decent reviews and seems like customer service is pretty decent too. 4+ stars for prebuilt are much better then what HPs and Dells get in my book lol.

This is probably the cheapest prebuilt that was ready to ship I have seen. So I will take the chance and ready to knock my self out. Best part is it will be here next week, that was the biggest sell for me.

Last edited:
This 3080 build in stock https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9B-83-221-656

$2799

ASUS ROG Strix G35CZ Gaming Desktop PC, GeForce RTX 3080, Factory Overclocked Intel Core i9-10900KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD, Dual Hot-Swap SSD Bays, Windows 10 Pro, G35CZ-XH988​

Why o why did you have to do this to me. I had a newegg business account and now I ended up spending another 300 thanks to you. This just looks really nice has 32GB of ram and another 1TB HDD I guess. I am gonna have to mine for a month or two to get the difference back. That has a damn handle! Got me!

I do have x570 board ryzen 3600 and gtx 1060 + 32gb ram to sell after I get this I guess I can get some of that money back.

But you got me. haha.

Last edited:
Timing and heard horrible things about alienware being jet engines. Nothing is guaranteed before late April and can even be longer according to people.
Yeah true, and I hear they drop a single ram chip instead of breaking it up into dual channel and cant resolve anything in their tech dept

Back