H-P Testing a Touchless “Wall of Touch”

I just want to know how much $ they want ofr those zero bezel displays.

I can't see the video since it stays forever on "your video will begin in 15 seconds", but on the thumbnail I count 9 LCDs, not 6... :p

Wall of touch sounds like something you would find in Michael jacksons bedroom.

Nice, but in practice there would be a lot of limitations on what you can do with it.

80256019.jpg

Get me these types of Bezel-less monitors with an eyefinity setup and I might be willing to give eyefinity another chance. But until then, I will stick with a single larger monitor.

I'd love to know what kind of displays those are. No bezel is nice, having an IPS panel in them would be even nicer.

couldnt help but notice that its not 6 x 42" its 9 x 43"

I use a 42" tv (mine has a huge bezel on it, its a cheapy one) with a 22" monitor next to it. I keep my games limited to 1 monitor and vent/im clients on the second window.

Everyone argues 1 big monitor vs 6 small monitors (i really enjoy my single big monitor), I was just waiting til someone thought up 6 (or more in this case) big monitors.

if cameras in and around this wall are the interactive mechanism involved to make it touch worthy, why can they do this with DLP monitors?

if cameras in and around this wall are the interactive mechanism involved to make it touch worthy, why can they do this with DLP monitors?
They could. It's called a "Wii." Infrared being the cheaper alternative. DLP unfortunately doesn't have the ability to be near paper thin and mounted on a wall.

I just want to know how much $ they want ofr those zero bezel displays.

what zero bezel? I can clearly see the bezels. I see the wall and it makes me want to play tick tack toe

Not so wow.....I work at a large University hospital and we've had one of these (Barco not HP) for a year and a half. Ours is actually 6 projection bezelless......about the same size....I'll see if I can snap a pic later today.

Cool.

Off topic, I'm liking the non-youtubeness of the video. Not sure what the player is but I can at least see the still image at work instead stead of gray screen. Still no video but at least I have a clue what it looks like.

They could. It's called a "Wii." Infrared being the cheaper alternative. DLP unfortunately doesn't have the ability to be near paper thin and mounted on a wall.

the wii uses a controller. I'm thinking about that "overlay" using our fingers.

Back