[H]otter Than Expected? XFX Double D 7950 $304 AC AR w/FS @Newegg

UMtech84

Weaksauce
Well this was one of the weekly newegg deals on:http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1699376

It's the 3rd one from the top. If you look carefully it says the original price is $399 and that the price after coupon and after rebate is supposed to be $340 with free shipping. However, after going to Newegg the card is already automatically discounted to $360. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150588 The product page says "was $399" and right below that it lists the card at $360. After logging in and adding the video card to my cart, I was able to use the 10% promo code to get the price down to $323.99. Add to that the $20 MIR and you've got a much hotter price ;) Slap free shipping on it and you have an hd7950 for $304 after rebate.

Keep in mind that you're also getting the coupon for the 3 free games and that this is also one of the XFX video card models that offers LIFETIME warranty. There's been a few negative reviews about the card dying after a couple of months of usage, but lifetime warranty should offer a nice piece of mind. Enjoy :cool:

6Tuts.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Dang, your were a quicker on the draw than I was, I will close my thread.

Lets try and keep this one "in-house" for a bit. I looked on Slickdeals and saw that someone had posted the deal when they thought it was $340 AC AR /w FS and it didn't generate much interest on there.

There is nothing in the $300 dollar range even close to this value. Im in the middle of an EVGA step-up for a gtx 670, and I have an unlocked 6950 so I just can't justify the expense. I bet it will be a long time before we see it get this low again though. I think there might be more discounts on this card than intended.

This is pretty tempting for me, just as I was ready to jump in to the green camp and get a gigabyte gtx 670 this comes along at almost $100 cheaper. Heck if you can sell all 3 games for a total of $30-$40 on ebay you'd be making out like a bandit. Buuut, I've really been wanting to switch to nvidia lately. I'm currently running an unlocked 6950 and there's a couple of things I'm tired of with the AMD drivers. Decisions decisions... and those Tahiti XT2 7970s (the gigahertz edition cards) are supposedly right around the corner too.

This is pretty tempting for me, just as I was ready to jump in to the green camp and get a gigabyte gtx 670 this comes along at almost $100 cheaper. Heck if you can sell all 3 games for a total of $30-$40 on ebay you'd be making out like a bandit. Buuut, I've really been wanting to switch to nvidia lately. I'm currently running an unlocked 6950 and there's a couple of things I'm tired of with the AMD drivers. Decisions decisions...

+1
ATI generally has the best price/gpu power but I have always had less hassles with nVidia drivers. I just factor that into the cost- nVidia is normally not as much bang for the buck but less trouble for me. This is a hot enough deal that I would easily choose this over a gtx 670 (if I wasn't already getting one.)

Wow! This is unbelievably tempting! Ive been holding out for a 7970 but at my resolution, an overclocked 7950 would be about the same thing and all Id need for a long while to come.

Oh man...I might have to get this. I actually ordered a 7950 a month ago, but it was DOA and I've been putting off getting a new card with prices coming down, but I think this might be as low as I'm going to see for the performance for a while.

Great find OP! If I hadn't received the Galaxy Windforce GTX 670GC to replace my ASUS TOP that was messing up yesterday, I'd be in on this. I've been on Team Green for my last 3 cards, but you can't argue with a price like that.

Great deal at a bad time for me. My next upgrade is a new graphics card but I don't have the money saved up for it yet. If I had the money I would be all over this.

There's also the $10 off code for today: FB1MTHANKS3

Does it stack?

EDIT: Note, I have no idea if it's still valid or if it has already hit max redemptions.

There's also the $10 off code for today: FB1MTHANKS3

Does it stack?

EDIT: Note, I have no idea if it's still valid or if it has already hit max redemptions.

I just tried it and it says it no longer valid. Too bad. That wouldve been the final straw and Id have no excuse not to get it.

So much for keeping this on the DL it has made it to slickdeals now. If you are thinking about getting one hurry before they sell out.

Amazing, they are still in stock.

As tempting as it sounds, I'm going to skip.
1. Promised the wife I wouldn't upgrade my video card this year
2. There's no games I play that need it. League of Legends? hah. Path of Exile? Nope. D3? oh wait, I'm not playing D3 much and it wouldn't need this fast of a video card. um.... No other games I play right now. Borderlands 2 will run great on my 6950, I'm sure.

Amazing, they are still in stock.
1. Promised the wife I wouldn't upgrade my video card this year

What kind of sissy boy are you? Real gamers would pimp out their wives if needed for a graphics card upgrade!

OP here... Well I looked into the the [H]ardOcp review of gtx 670/680 performance versus hd 7950/7970 performance and decided to pass on this. The review compared out of the box performance and overclocking performance. OCed 670 still beats OCed 7950. Out of the door price for the 7950 is $324, I don't know how good XFX rebates are either. I'm willing to pay the price premium for better performance and to avoid some of the driver pitfalls.

OP here... Well I looked into the the [H]ardOcp review of gtx 670/680 performance versus hd 7950/7970 performance and decided to pass on this. The review compared out of the box performance and overclocking performance. OCed 670 still beats OCed 7950. Out of the door price for the 7950 is $324, I don't know how good XFX rebates are either. I'm willing to pay the price premium for better performance and to avoid some of the driver pitfalls.

Well the 7950 was priced about ~$10 cheaper than the 670 at the time of the review. However, $300 for almost the performance of a 670 is pretty damn good and is really hard to pass up. Plus 7950's overclock like crazy.

If this was that 950Mhz Sapphire I would of got this in a heartbeat. I'm not in a need of a GPU upgrade anyway.

and these in X-fire with the new drivers might be pretty damn sweet!

Anyone else hoping [H] will do a follow up review of the 7900 series with the new drivers, or is it just me?

I hear ya but we're talking $80 difference in price and not that big a difference in frame rates. At $323, I dont think the GTX670 is worth the extra premium if youre talking performance to dollars here.

Poor thing.

If it costs $600 I feel your pain.

What I meant is that rather than being contented with my still good but aging 6950, I am now unexpectedly in the market for a video card, which will lead me to do something such as buy a much more expensive card than this one. This was a smoking hot deal.

Last edited:
Back