[H]OT! XFX 7950 Black + *4* games 180 AR

Bwahahaha... a buddy if mine just got this yesterday for 200 after rebate from Amazon.. sucks to be him

Damn I might actually buy this.

Where's the list of games to choose from?

I think they come in Steam Codes. I could be wrong but when I received a game from AMD, it was a Steam code, maybe they prompt you for which games you want after entering code?

Damn I might actually buy this.

Where's the list of games to choose from?

Its the never settle bundle. The 79xx series cards come with the Gold rewards. But this particular deal includes Crysis 3 on top of this bundle. So pretty Hot indeed.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/nsreloadedforever.aspx

Edit: Also to add, they have updated and added some games to this over time. I believe this runs till the end of the year. There is speculation that they will add BF4 to this, but I'm doubtful of that.

Seriously tempted to pick this up for crossfire with my MSI 7950 TF3, but I've heard some pretty horrific things about 7950 crossfire. Anybody have any input one way or the other?

My 7970 xfire is beastly :) But I have a stupid high airflow case.

if you're not going to WC both cards, you need wicked good airflow.

I thought this was a 7970 when I read the thread. Would have probably pounced if it were.

Where the hell is tiger direct and the other not-in-California stores? Every deal has been at the egg and taxes kill the deals because they all consist of MIRs.

What do you guys think about this card at 1200p?

Edit: Would it be worth it to pay more for a 7970?

Last edited:
I bit on it. really wanna give Crossfire a try finally. At worst, I'll shove it in my HTPC which has a 7770 atm.

Funny thing is I got an email that said it was not in stock (despite the webpage), but then an email saying it is in stock. Now charged. Let's see where it goes from here lol.

Is this a reference PCB? Will a waterblock work with it?

This has an 8+6 pin power setup, so it is a 7970 PCB..Should work with a Full cover block without an issue..I have become somewhat of an expert in hunting this information down lol..Unless XFX changed something, which I highly doubt this late in the game.

Thoughts on this plus a waterblock? I realize the new R2XX cards are coming out but the price/performance on this card seems pretty solid. I currently have an unlocked 6950 w/waterblock.

I picked up 2 of the MSI cards with refrence boards and got them to 1100 in cross fire with no voltage increase on water. I love them so far.. Had them about 2 months now.. I say yes to water blocks and quiet video cards..Even with the after market coolers the cards were to loud for me. Granted I hate noise but I say get a block..

I ordered this and just received a R7950 "Double Dissipation", part number FX-795A-TDKC. The part I ordered on Newegg lists this as the Black Edition, but the box just says Double Dissipation. Are they the same thing? Kind of confused now.

I ordered this and just received a R7950 "Double Dissipation", part number FX-795A-TDKC. The part I ordered on Newegg lists this as the Black Edition, but the box just says Double Dissipation. Are they the same thing? Kind of confused now.

I believe the "Black Edition" of the DD cooler just refers to the color scheme of having black fans IIRC...The Double Dissipation is what they call their twin fan HSF unit..

I believe the "Black Edition" of the DD cooler just refers to the color scheme of having black fans IIRC...The Double Dissipation is what they call their twin fan HSF unit..

Since i just bought a 7970 non black, so i can confirm the main difference is black comes with higher clocks.....and don't count on a huge overclock with XFX cards.....mine is fine at ghz speed....and that't fine for me.....but that's about all its got

Also if planning to cross fire these...you better have very high airflow...cause just one dumps a lot heat inside the case (on the 7979 anyways) can't imagine the 7950's are way different

Seriously tempted to pick this up for crossfire with my MSI 7950 TF3, but I've heard some pretty horrific things about 7950 crossfire. Anybody have any input one way or the other?

I have a sapphire dualx and a xfx double d black 7950 Crossfire's using windows 8.1. All games I have been running has worked good. I don't notice any micro stuttering in the games I've played.

Tomb raider
Devil may cry
Sleeping dogs
Source based games
Saints row 4
Guild wars 2
Tera online

I would also mentioned I have a 30 inch 2560x1600 monitor. I've been able to run all games at max settings with smooth frame rates.

Would also like to mention the double d black xfx 7950 cooling isn't as good as the sapphire dual x. Had I known this before, I would've waited for a deal on the dual x based cooling.

The cooling on these is better than the original version they put out as they added a few heatpipes to an otherwise lackluster cooler. The sapphire I had did have a slightly beefier heatsink though.

Oddly their black edition (TDBC) has slower clocks (900) but at least they both have lifetime warranties. For some reason they use the same exact setup as their 7970's, up to the 8+6 pin power.

I would also suggest having a system with an extra space between the cards as the top one will get quite toasty otherwise. Still a good card though.

I have a sapphire dualx and a xfx double d black 7950 Crossfire's using windows 8.1. All games I have been running has worked good. I don't notice any micro stuttering in the games I've played.

Tomb raider
Devil may cry
Sleeping dogs
Source based games
Saints row 4
Guild wars 2
Tera online

I would also mentioned I have a 30 inch 2560x1600 monitor. I've been able to run all games at max settings with smooth frame rates.

I notice stuttering on sleeping dogs, but Tomb Raider, BF2BC2, and LoL didn't show any issues.

Since i just bought a 7970 non black, so i can confirm the main difference is black comes with higher clocks.....and don't count on a huge overclock with XFX cards.....mine is fine at ghz speed....and that't fine for me.....but that's about all its got

Also if planning to cross fire these...you better have very high airflow...cause just one dumps a lot heat inside the case (on the 7979 anyways) can't imagine the 7950's are way different

Interesting..So you card is a DD edition, just without the black edition branding? You say your card also has lower clocks? What are they?

Interesting..So you card is a DD edition, just without the black edition branding? You say your card also has lower clocks? What are they?

kio3.th.png
[/URL][/IMG]
xey.png
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
Take my word for it. its really pushing it to go higher....I have noticed screen flickers at 1050.....guess it could have been driver issues but it locks up the pc at 1100 trying 3dmark ......so 1ghz it will stay
I wouldn't think its getting hot lol I'm still happy with a 200 dollar card:)
sw2d.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
There's like half a dozen threads on the 7900 in the hot deal section. Think I'll wait a bit longer for even better deals.

There's like half a dozen threads on the 7900 in the hot deal section. Think I'll wait a bit longer for even better deals.

not saying you should pull the trigger on any specific model....but the 7900 series are disappearing form inventory sale by sale....just check newegg or other venders...once they sale out there gone.....i would not wait till next year

Back