{H}ot Q6600 $289

GAH!!!
I tried and tried and tried to hold out...
Damn you [H]ardforum! Damn you all to hell!
in for 1 (c'mon G0, please?)

If you live in the same state that the company is based, you get taxed.

Same with me and TigerDirect, since we're both in IL

Actually, I live in Washington and Fry's still charges me tax.:(

Kinda makes it so I have to keep Fry's online stuff to <$150.

Actually, I live in Washington and Fry's still charges me tax.:(

Kinda makes it so I have to keep Fry's online stuff to <$150.

It's if the company has any sort of physical presence in the state. Just blame the states for it, it's most likely their laws. :D So if Fry's has any store in Washington, or even some sort of non-retail warehouse, everybody in Washington gets charged tax. That's what happens with Newegg and taxing people in TN, NJ, etc. So it really sucks being in CA if you actually look at the tax stuff. Pretty much all the big guys at least have warehouses here.

I think we're actually supposed to report and pay the sales tax that we weren't charged by out of state retailers come tax time, but there's not really a good way of tracking it, so it just slides.

Even though I told myself I wasn't going to get a quad because I didn't need it, I ended up buying this. Hopefully I get a G0. If not... well, hopefully my Ultra 120 Extreme will take care of the overclocking. :)

Edit: And how did NE sell out at $375!?!

Because Intel JUST lowered the price this week on volume shipments. Newegg has a larger inventory than just about anyone, so they keep their prices in place a little longer. It'll drop soon.

its not like their prices didnt drop. theyve been steadily jacking them back up since sunday

its not like their prices didnt drop. theyve been steadily jacking them back up since sunday

It was on the "Hot Deals" last week, now it's 365 not on sale. It will drop shortly everywhere as it already has in some places. Not everyone's pricing schedule changes at exactly the same instant as the vendor posts their new volume pricing. If you need one right now and want the best deal, go to someone else, like the Fry's ad this thread is about.

i would go with ncix since they are selling for that price and most of the chips coming out now are the G0's from them.

It was on the "Hot Deals" last week, now it's 365 not on sale. It will drop shortly everywhere as it already has in some places. Not everyone's pricing schedule changes at exactly the same instant as the vendor posts their new volume pricing. If you need one right now and want the best deal, go to someone else, like the Fry's ad this thread is about.

well, my point was that newegg DID (albeit temporarily) change their pricing the instant the new volume pricing took effect. but i understand that they have higher-priced inventory they still need to clear out and itll take some time for their pricing to stabilize at the new price.

not sure how fast they plan on clearing that stuff out at $365 though. i mean i love newegg, but sheesh.

anyways, yah, back on topic. no lack of good deals on q6600's out there.

Why is this a deal ? Shouldn't it be $275'ish ?

*has had quad opteron cores since november & has no plans to upgrade* :cool:

Even though I told myself I wasn't going to get a quad because I didn't need it, I ended up buying this. Hopefully I get a G0. If not... well, hopefully my Ultra 120 Extreme will take care of the overclocking. :)

Edit: And how did NE sell out at $375!?!

I am starting to think that NE has some sort of automated database pricing involved. As inventory gets low prices go up. I'm sure there's a cost manager working with it as well but I am convinced some of NE's price changes are automated.

If you get charged tax, check mwave, they have it for $289 as well. Shipping started at $8.47 for me. I decided against getting the Q6600 though and am gonna go with the E6750.

zipzoomfly sell it for US$299 free shipping, in stock. zipzoomfly is a very good on-line seller, just same as newegg.

Back