[H]OT! Memorex 50 8x DL DVD+R $39.99 or less with GC buy.com

arcsum68

Limp Gawd
Linky

Extremely good deal, I paid $32 and change after tax and $10GC, making them about $0.66 per disc.

Sure, you post this AFTER I buy the Sony 25-pack from BB... Dang-it

(bump)

LOL
I found it this morning, and went to post it, but got busy and forgot.

I just realized and saw your post, sorry!

I probably won't use GC, but $40.00 shipped for 50 DL-DVD's is pretty sweet. I may still buy these too.

I probably won't use GC, but $40.00 shipped for 50 DL-DVD's is pretty sweet. I may still buy these too.

Dang! Should'a bit yesterday. :( Price went from 39.99 to 44.99.
Not a huge increase, but hey... every penny counts.

Thank you. Great price. I needed to replenish my stock of DVD DL's.

Is that a good disc?
Would these be best for copying direct from a DVD-DL drive with my original movie to another DVD-DL drive with this in it? I've never used DLs before for backups. If so I'm in for one.

I have not used the 8x version, but the 2.4x version that I have been using has been flawless so far.

And you would only be able to copy something that didnt have copy protection on it, unless you used some utilities to circumvent that.

I've had nothing but good luck with the memorex 8x dl's.

I can't think of any programs to copy directly from drive to drive. You still need to read to your HD, and then write to your DVD disc

I've had nothing but good luck with the memorex 8x dl's.

I can't think of any programs to copy directly from drive to drive. You still need to read to your HD, and then write to your DVD disc

Yeah, even "on the fly" writes it to the drive, you really wouldnt want to do a direct copy anyway as theres too much room for error.

Burned 4 discs successfully so far.

Nero reports this media as RITEK S04

I'm happy with it so far

Interesting comment, thanks for letting us know.
So far I have gotten a bunch of great deals without any hassle from buy.com, so I disagree.

I wouldn't call them crooks, but their customer service is deplorable.

Their refund/return policy starts the day your order ships!

There we go, a little bit of something to back it up.
They dont keep alot of stuff in stock either, from what I have heard, I have never had any issues though.

Here's an excerpt of a blog entry I did a few months ago.

Avoid Buy.com said:
My girlfriend ordered a Bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager 520) from Buy.com on October 8, 2007, and received it October 15. We researched for about a week and chose this headset based on reviews and its reasonable price. The first time she called me wearing it, I heard myself echoing after I spoke. Other people she called told her the same thing. She then told me that she often hears static on her end. Having tried messing with volume controls, the echoing and static persisted, and, being bummed about her purchase, she revisited Buy.com to solicit some customer service.

For those of you who give more credit to online retailers than they deserve, here's some useful information for you: Buy.com has a 14-day return policy. This countdown to doom starts the day the item is shipped. Keep this in mind, and your butts on your seats.

My girlfriend emailed Buy.com on October 24, which is nine days after receiving the headset. Two days later someone (or something) responded to her email, which offered nothing helpful, save for a line stating she could request a phone number. So she did the next day, October 27. After another two days, she received the phone number—1-800-800-0800—the same number you'll find on the website for placing orders.

By 11/5 she heard nothing from Buy.com, so she called. Three times. Three busy signals. The fourth time, having gotten through, presented her with a female customer service rep who said there was nothing they could do, as the return policy had expired. Wait a second, Buy.com. She first contacted you within the "return policy."

The lady said she would put her case through to the corporate office.

It wasn't until November 8 that my girlfriend was contacted. "Buy.com cannot refund your order because you have exceeded the 14-day return policy." Say what? The next day she called Buy.com, sat on hold for forty minutes, and explained her situation. She told them about the delays in customer service responses, and how they caused her case to exceed the return policy. The man on the other end said that she still exceeded the return policy because the policy begins the day Buy.com ships the order. Schwa!?

She asked him, "How can I know there's something wrong with the product while in transit to me?" He offered no explanation, but did provide Plantronics' phone number. Plantronics offered to look at the headset and repair if necessary.

The bottom line, as stated by my girlfriend: "Buy.com's customer service and business policies are unacceptable."

Thats pretty crappy, guess its luck of the draw, maybe they are crooks. LOL

Plantronics however is great, they have exchanged several sets for me without even having a reciept.

buy.com is a bunch of crooks :(

Here is my blog entry:

This is really pissing me off. On Feb 21st, I bought an item from Buy.com for $199. I checked back on Feb 22nd, yesterday, and the same item had been dropped to $179. I checked Buy.com's website, and they have a 'Low Price Guarantee'.

Excellent. Amazon has the same policy, and they have refunded me the difference when an item has dropped to a lower price. In fact, they're so good about it that they refunded me TWICE on a single item when it dropped in price twice in one week.

So I wrote an email to Buy.com asking for a refund on the price difference. I got an email back today saying this:

Dear Jordan,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

Our Low Price Guarantee cannot be combined with the use of coupons,
rebates, promotional offers, or product-bundle pricing on the order. On
your order, you have used the 'Free Shipping Promotion',
therefore we are unable to honor the Low Price Guarantee.

We thank you for your patience in the matter.

This is pure bullshit. If any of you are familiar with online stores, nearly all of them offer 'free shipping on orders over $xxx'. Amazon has free shipping on all orders over $25. I'm not sure what the price point is on Buy, but this item is listed as "Ships: FREE!" on the item page. I did not enter any coupon code or actively select free shipping, it was automatically selected for me on this item.

What this means is that Buy has a nice looking Guarantee Policy, that they have built in a permanent loop hole for. If they don't feel like honoring it, they say 'well we ship all over our orders over $50 for free, so you participated in the free shipping promotion. No refund for you!'

I replied in a rather aggravated manner saying the things I've said above. I told them that I would like to know my options for returning the item. I will buy it again from somewhere else that doesn't have shady business practices.
---------

They ended up telling me that their low price guarantee is only for competitors and they don't pricematch their own website. When I threatened no return business and asked how I could return the item because it had already shipped, they told me to simply refuse shipment, and when it got back to the warehouse they would issue a refund.

I couldn't understand a company that would rather you potentially reject a shipment, have it shipped back to them, issue a refund, and have you buy the same item at a lower price, where they have to ship it to you again.. when all they have to do is refund you freakin $20.

Reminded me of a stint I had with IbUyPower years ago.

Guess you just cant expect much from them, sorry you had such a crappy experience, it really doesnt make much sense at all.
Sometimes businesses do that though, fail to see through the red tape.

Look at all the people now that are loosing houses, rather than offer a lower price or not adjusting their ARM to people who are foreclosing, they pay to foreclose and then pay an agent to sell the house for less for than they the first person owed.

Its obviously beyond my ability to "reason" like that, I dont try.

Look at all the people now that are loosing houses, rather than offer a lower price or not adjusting their ARM to people who are foreclosing, they pay to foreclose and then pay an agent to sell the house for less for than they the first person owed.

OMG... don't get me started on "bank policies" and mortgages.

I will tell you a story that will bunch yuor panties so tightly...

Here is my blog entry:

---------

They ended up telling me that their low price guarantee is only for competitors and they don't pricematch their own website. When I threatened no return business and asked how I could return the item because it had already shipped, they told me to simply refuse shipment, and when it got back to the warehouse they would issue a refund.

I couldn't understand a company that would rather you potentially reject a shipment, have it shipped back to them, issue a refund, and have you buy the same item at a lower price, where they have to ship it to you again.. when all they have to do is refund you freakin $20.

You thought the price was fair when you ordered it. Yet bitch now.

Cry moar

I understand his point... MOST sites offer price match guarantees now. Most of those will also price match their own prices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that NewEgg does price match, either.

Lol, I got a 1-click shipping Amazon glitch, where a set of Klipsch 2.1 Promedia's were purchased on my behalf. I caught it, called them right away before they shipped and some Indian sounded dude told me the same thing, to refuse the shipment. So I had to refuse a huge 40 pound box after the UPS guy strained to carry it up my driveway. Needless to say, he gives me dirty looks whenever I sign for anything these days.

Leads me to believe the CSR dept is in India and is cut off from the shipping department at both buy.com & amazon.com.

Lol, I got a 1-click shipping Amazon glitch, where a set of Klipsch 2.1 Promedia's were purchased on my behalf. I caught it, called them right away before they shipped and some Indian sounded dude told me the same thing, to refuse the shipment. So I had to refuse a huge 40 pound box after the UPS guy strained to carry it up my driveway. Needless to say, he gives me dirty looks whenever I sign for anything these days.

Leads me to believe the CSR dept is in India and is cut off from the shipping department at both buy.com & amazon.com.

This is why I deal with everything by email rather than phone.

Would you guys please take the OT buy.com bashing to the Hot Deals Discussion Forum and let this thread remain on topic please?

$44.99 is a good deal for that media. Will be in for one if it comes back in stock. :cool:

Back