[H]OT!! LG 55" OLED (2017 model B7) - $1399 w/free shipping @ Newegg Marketplace

Amazing deal right there. Bought my 55B7P back in June for $1,750 [shipping and tax included], which was a steal as they were just released at $2,450. Burn in time takes a while, and you may notice some posterization artifacts in shadowed movies until the image sets, but otherwise it's a great TV/Monitor. If you like higher refresh rates and you aren't sitting 2' away from the thing, you can play FPS at 1080p with the refresh rate at 120hz which should be adequate for most gamers. Also when the icon in the inputs menu is changed to PC, it outputs at 21ms response time.

Am actually using this screen right now and am sitting 8' away on my couch :) [250% windows scaling].

Last edited:
I think that was the last series before Panasonic discontinued plasma production...

You are right.

One thing worth noting on this deal is you can do Discover Price Protection/Citi Rewind for another $500 by asking them to match tvsuperstores which is a bait and switch site. The set is still available at http://r.ebay.com/Pge5Wh, good seller, just ask them for an invoice for price match.

Doing this makes the 65 inch 2149 - 500, so 1649 shipped.

Last edited:
For those considering waiting for the 2018 models, LG is moving to a new production process and might not have all the kinks worked out. Much like you should never buy the first year of a new model car, it might be advantages to either wait until 2019, or get a current model while the gettin's good. Something to think about.

Yeah - refurbished on eBay from a seller with over 60 negative anbd nuetral feedback over the last 12 months and its not an OLED TV so really not even in the same class of a set.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep - thats the one I saw from that seller. That being said, looking at the CNET review it does look like that Sony and a specific model Vizio are about as good as it gets for an LCD TV and will still have, according to the review, a pretty damn good picture with 4K and HDR abilities. So not a bad compromise if not moving to OLED and wanting a TV now.

https://www.cnet.com/products/sony-xbr-55x930d/review/2/

You are right.

One thing worth noting on this deal is you can do Discover Price Protection/Citi Rewind for another $500 by asking them to match tvsuperstores which is a bait and switch site. The set is still available at http://r.ebay.com/Pge5Wh, good seller, just ask them for an invoice for price match.

Doing this makes the 65 inch 2149 - 500, so 1649 shipped.

Uh ok I wanna do this but I'm confused about the process. Are you just saying to ask that ebay seller to price match the tvsuperstores price? What's the Discover/Citi part of it? Also, that model is $1499 on tvsuperstores 0.0

i think he's saying just buy it and do the price protection through a CC. they do up to $500.

Uh ok I wanna do this but I'm confused about the process. Are you just saying to ask that ebay seller to price match the tvsuperstores price? What's the Discover/Citi part of it? Also, that model is $1499 on tvsuperstores 0.0

He's talking about benefits provided by the CC companies. Discover has Price Protection and Citi has Price Rewind. With my Discover card, if I buy an item at any store for X amount and I find another store within 90 days that's selling the same item for less, I can file a claim with them and get the difference refunded to me in the form of a check. I've done it several times. There may be some restrictions, such as you can only be refunded up to Y amount per item, or claim up to so many items in a calendar year, but it's a great benefit.

He's talking about benefits provided by the CC companies. Discover has Price Protection and Citi has Price Rewind. With my Discover card, if I buy an item at any store for X amount and I find another store within 90 days that's selling the same item for less, I can file a claim with them and get the difference refunded to me in the form of a check. I've done it several times. There may be some restrictions, such as you can only be refunded up to Y amount per item, or claim up to so many items in a calendar year, but it's a great benefit.

since you've done it with discover, how is it?

I know their Warranty/return 3rd party that they hand it off to is completely incompetent, wondering if its the same for PP.

since you've done it with discover, how is it?

I know their Warranty/return 3rd party that they hand it off to is completely incompetent, wondering if its the same for PP.

Pretty sure they hand it off as well, since it's a different number and I usually get someone with an accent, but all of my claims have been processed and approved in a timely manner. They keep you up to date via email and it doesn't take months to get the check. I've had great luck with it so far and have gotten a few hundred back in total.

Reactions: DF-1
like this

Hm, the gf has a discover card......

Pretty sure they hand it off as well, since it's a different number and I usually get someone with an accent, but all of my claims have been processed and approved in a timely manner. They keep you up to date via email and it doesn't take months to get the check. I've had great luck with it so far and have gotten a few hundred back in total.

So have you done this with one of the bait and switch sites before? I've already got this worked out with the gf to use her discover card and try it with tvsuperstores, I'd feel like a total jackass if it didn't work and she'd probably be pissed lol.

So have you done this with one of the bait and switch sites before? I've already got this worked out with the gf to use her discover card and try it with tvsuperstores, I'd feel like a total jackass if it didn't work and she'd probably be pissed lol.

Lol.

No, I haven't tried it with bait and switch sites, but to be honest with you they (Discover) seem fairly lax about the process. As in, I don't get the feeling that they go out of their way to deny your claims based on technicalities or "gotchas", like insurance and mail-in rebates sometimes do. They accept a wide variety of things as proof of the lower price (even screenshots), and I haven't seen any limitations or exclusions regarding where the lower price is found...but they do exclude certain items from the price protection. Surprisingly, computer software is ineligible but computer HARDWARE and consumer electronics are not. Since computer hardware prices can drop significantly after new gen parts are released, this is an awesome benefit.

If you decide to try it, here is the information needed for the claim:

upload_2017-11-10_19-42-55.png

Now yall' need to get either the Sony UBP-X800 4K DVD player (or some other quality 4K BD player that supports HDR, DV, etc. and start finding some 4K demo content. The picture on these TV's is going to blow your minds once you get it setup. Google 4K demo site and you will find a few good sites like 4kmedia where you can download some good demos to play on the thumbdrive. If you have Amazon Prime you can stream Top Gear The Grand Tour in 4K as well as some other stuff. Not sure about the other apps as I do not have accounts on them. DirecTV does have a few 4K channels but its really not much on them. One is always playing stuff for free, one has specials for free like college football games, the third is PPV movies.

Some good 4K BD discs simply look amazing. Seriously, the picture is jaw dropping. Someone comes in the house and they just pause in front of the tv dead silent with their mouth hanging open looking at the picture. lol

Got my TV set up this evening. They attempted delivery yesterday, but it was earlier than scheduled so no one was home to sign for it. FedEx Saturday delivery ftw.

My goodness, this thing has a gorgeous picture. Simply stunning.

just be warned that the seller is listed specifically an unauthorized LG seller from the LG website.

Just buy the 65 inch at a lower cost in the first place and then use discover card or Citibank benefits if it comes up.

$1639.
http://www.ebuyusa.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=3320&ref=google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse

Never bought from this vendor.

Do NOT buy from them. There are a variety of very low advertised price vendors out there that WILL scam you. They are good for price protection only.

LG does not require an authorized dealer for warranty, that being said there are a few sites out there to avoid and that's one.

Plenty of happy people on Slickdeals and avs have gone my route and similar.

Last edited:
The 65" is now available through Beachcamera (an authorized reseller) for $2099. Call in deal only it seems.

I would strongly recommend against running a 5 hours loop of the same image for 20 hours per day.... That is an extreme example. That being said, there does seem to be some users, not many mind you, that have had significant image retention. I can only guess that maybe somehow in some way some panels are slightly more susceptible to this than others. Maybe its due to the organic dyes and some are weaker like at the start of a run or something? I really have no idea. Are OLED displays more susceptible than older technologies? Yes, very much so. There are certain precautions to take that can greatly mitigate the problem. Of course try to minimize leaving a static image on the screen for long periods of time. If you are a news addict than this might not be easy. Make sure to keep the image shift function enabled in the TV settings. Turn down the OLED level (its almost like a brightness setting) some as well as the brightness setting. On certain content yes you will want to crank the OLED back up like for a 4K movie that has HDR or Dolby Vision but then turn it back down some. For regular TV viewing it looks stunning without it being in the burn your retinas store display settings. Also always remember when reading negative things about products online. There have been studies that also confirm this..... Happy customers are less than 20% likely to post about their experience while those with a negative experience are by far much more likely to post about their experience. The much greater majority are too busy enjoying their purchase.

Not saying it cannot happen but just be aware of it. If you are buying this for a computer monitor then understand that you will be displaying a lot of static content quite a bit. I bought my C6 as the TV in my living room. Maybe once in a month I might switch it to the computer to mess around with some demos or something but not much really.

Also FWIW..... the wholesale distributor my company is setup with does show that they still have some of last years model 55" C6 still in stock. The dealer cost with the current promo is very very low like (thirteen hundred bucks). If you are wanting the last and best of the 3D capable sets ever made they will probably not last long. The 2016 55" C6 is also a curved screen and is also a top rated set. I'm also guessing that the 2017 models are now out of production as well. They were showing as on clearance last week and now they are down to just the 55" C7 and E7 models.

Last edited:
I posted my thoughts in another thread, but more appropriate here:

I got my TV set up on Saturday and it’s absolutely incredible. My games have never looked this fantastic. Simply stunning. I was trying to describe the blacks to some people today...if I set my desktop wallpaper to solid black and hide the taskbar, the TV looks like it’s powered off. Zero glow whatsoever. I know that’s how it’s supposed to be, but after using LCD displays for almost 20 years - even really good VA panels - this is mindblowing.

And the motion is so smooth and fluid. I’m not sure if that’s due to the lack of PWM or something intrinsic to OLED tech, or both, but the lack of ghosting is noticeable after using my JS9000. I briefly toyed with 120Hz @ 1080p and that was icing on the cake.

I’m genuinely taken aback by this thing every time I use it. Seriously spoiled now.

FWIW, there’s a pixel refresher utility you can set to run every time the TV is turned off. It runs for an hour and supposedly helps alleviate any image retention issues. You can find it in the Picture sub-menu. Don’t know if it really does anything, but I have it turned on.

I think mine gets here Thursday... I'm holding off on watching the last episode of ST: Discovery that came out last night until it gets here.

Of course, it's going to be the most advanced part of my setup- my receiver does DD/DTS7.1 but nothing 4k, however, it's also only pumping out 3.1- two floor-standing towers, a smallish center channel, and a cheap powered sub, all Klipsch. My ancient (i7-3000 quad, GTX560-era GPU) will be providing anything that the TV can't natively access.

Looking at trying to get Dolby Vision out of a 4k disc player and through a receiver is a bit daunting!

http://4kmedia.org/lg-cymatic-jazz-hdr-hlg-uhd-4k-demo/

Download that. Put it on a thumb drive (NTFS). Also grab some of the other demos..... but just, damn. This one is somewhat cheesy but, very nice. http://4kmedia.org/tcl-supercars-uhd-4k-demo/ :)

I have not tried a slower thumb drive so no idea on how that will go. I have a USB 3.0 one that I have used and also found out that NTFS will work best.

Also edit to add.... bleeding edge, slight risks of image retention be damned. Once you have one of these you will be hard pressed to go back to anything less. I've even had the top Pioneer Kuro plasma and this OLED beats it hands down. The kuro plasma sets are still awesome but they are just falling behind now with 4K and HDR capabilities.

Also just found out that if you have DirecTV (satellite, not the streaming only one) with the 4K Genie they are rolling out a major firmware and interface upgrade right now and with the update comes HDR and WCG. :) The only couple of 4K channels are still very very limited content but its something. The one that is free and on all the time has been showing some episodes of some of the popular card shows like Wheeler Dealers and Overhaulin' on occasion in 4K.

For the most part 4K BD discs will have some of the most awesome content since there is no compression but some of the demos, and streaming content is also stunning. If you have Amazon Prime they have a section of 4K stuff like their exclusive Top Gear Grand Tour and some other stuff too.

Even aside from native 4K content though, the TV upscales whatever you are sending into it and for the most part even regular 720 and 1080 content looks amazing on it. The blacks are just to kill for - you have not seen blacks like this on an LCD screen, ever.

Last edited:
http://4kmedia.org/lg-cymatic-jazz-hdr-hlg-uhd-4k-demo/

Download that. Put it on a thumb drive (NTFS). Also grab some of the other demos..... but just, damn. This one is somewhat cheesy but, very nice. http://4kmedia.org/tcl-supercars-uhd-4k-demo/ :)

I have not tried a slower thumb drive so no idea on how that will go. I have a USB 3.0 one that I have used and also found out that NTFS will work best.

Also edit to add.... bleeding edge, slight risks of image retention be damned. Once you have one of these you will be hard pressed to go back to anything less. I've even had the top Pioneer Kuro plasma and this OLED beats it hands down. The kuro plasma sets are still awesome but they are just falling behind now with 4K and HDR capabilities.

Also just found out that if you have DirecTV (satellite, not the streaming only one) with the 4K Genie they are rolling out a major firmware and interface upgrade right now and with the update comes HDR and WCG. :) The only couple of 4K channels are still very very limited content but its something. The one that is free and on all the time has been showing some episodes of some of the popular card shows like Wheeler Dealers and Overhaulin' on occasion in 4K.

For the most part 4K BD discs will have some of the most awesome content since there is no compression but some of the demos, and streaming content is also stunning. If you have Amazon Prime they have a section of 4K stuff like their exclusive Top Gear Grand Tour and some other stuff too.

Even aside from native 4K content though, the TV upscales whatever you are sending into it and for the most part even regular 720 and 1080 content looks amazing on it. The blacks are just to kill for - you have not seen blacks like this on an LCD screen, ever.

Thanks for the link! 4kmedia.org had a lot of other great demos on it too!

I especially liked the NASA one! http://4kmedia.org/lg-nasa-hdr-4k-demo/

Can anyone comment on OLED burn-in? I've tried researching the issue online and I can't find consistent information. It's usually something to the effect of new OLED screens have mostly solved the burn-in issue, but then you also find lots of instances where people had image retention issues with new phones and TVs. I know it was discussed earlier in the thread, but I wanted to ask about my use case.

I often work from home and if I get a TV like this to use as a monitor, there will be bright components on the screen displaying for 16 hours a day non-stop sometimes, like the Windows logo/taskbar icons, Chrome bookmarks, etc. I do move windows and watch full-screen videos from time to time, but there are definitely heavy work sessions where bright images stay fixed for many hours. Will I have a problem with permanent burn in with this generation of LG OLED panels? If it's just temporary and disappears after 30 mins or so, I don't care about it too much, but if it's permanent that's a deal breaker for me.

Appreciate any input, especially from B7 users.

Back