[H]OT eVGA 9600GT SSC 512 MB - $59.99 after rebate - Fry's

drpeppir

Limp Gawd
Went and got one of these today:

Deal Link (expires 9/21):

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=6899805&subid=23479566&type=

Buy it online here:

http://shop3.frys.com/product/5706532

Rebate Link:

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/5706532_092108.pdf

$119 at store, $59.99 after $60.00 rebate

Performance
NVIDIA 9600 GT SSC
740 MHz GPU
64 Processing Cores
400 MHz RAMDAC

Memory
512 MB, 256 bit DDR3
1950 MHz (effective)
62.4 GB/s Memory Bandwidth

Interface
PCI-E 2.0 16x
DVI-I, DVI-I, HDTV-7
SLI Capable

Resolution & Refresh
240 Hz Max Refresh Rate
2048x1536 Max Analog
2560x1600 Max Digital

Requirements
Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps.)
Minimum 450 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)
An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)

$7 shipping but still a better deal then the 9600GSO earlier by a small margin.

and it will cost 4x as much.

You must be using the 'backwards this makes sense to only me' logic Cause 95% of things drop in price from Thanksgiving to Xmas. 3% of the things that dont, include xmas decor

I also have a 6800 GT but I'm thinking of holding off for an 8800 GT once it's well under triple digits in cost. Did your nephew notice a noticeable performance improvement or only in gaming?
I don't think so. He doesn't play very demanding games and he only has a 1280x1024 LCD. Everything he played could almost be maxed out. I only upgraded him because at this price it's very cheap after selling the old card and this should hold him off for a while.

You must be using the 'backwards this makes sense to only me' logic Cause 95% of things drop in price from Thanksgiving to Xmas. 3% of the things that dont, include xmas decor

Yes, and this isn't a deal for an HD4870, that drops to $200 in TWO MONTHS according to your speculation which you must be using the 'backwards this makes sense to only me' because only you would wait that long for a few bucks savings.

And also, stop posting shit all over the forum with your, "lol @ sparks" bumping up dead threads to give you 2.3k posts in 5 months. :rolleyes:

Yes, and this isn't a deal for an HD4870, that drops to $200 in TWO MONTHS according to your speculation which you must be using the 'backwards this makes sense to only me' because only you would wait that long for a few bucks savings.

and have to waste hours waiting in line with all the other dummies.

so far I dont see any games in the near future that make me wish I had something faster than a 9600gt

and have to waste hours waiting in line with all the other dummies.

lol for the door busters that's true

last year i slept in, had turkey,meatballs,spaghetti,& some bean leftovers & got the Orange Box for$25 after lunch :p

doubt blizzard will make the game very stressful on this gen's gpus. its been in their history to try to reach out to as much of the market as possible unlike crytek.

I don't think so. He doesn't play very demanding games and he only has a 1280x1024 LCD. Everything he played could almost be maxed out. I only upgraded him because at this price it's very cheap after selling the old card and this should hold him off for a while.

I see. I'm also not a gamer, but I have a 24" screen and do 1920x1200. So in the occasional gaming I may do, an 8800 GT or 9600 GT should do quite a bit more FPS than my 6800 GT, even with moderate eye candy turned on. That said, I'll chance it on Black Fri. unless an outstanding deal comes out before then. :eek:

Back