[H]ot! Canon SD1000/S3 IS @ OfficeDepot/CC. YMMV

Gaiden133

[H] Ninja
All Canon and Kodak digital cameras ($199 and up) are 20% OFF this week at Office Depot (B&M only).

There were 2 cameras I was interested in, the Canon SD1000 & Canon S3 IS whose regular MSRP is $249.99 & 349.99 respectively.

Office Depot currently has a sale on them after instant rebate for the SD1000: $199.99 ($50 off) & S3 IS : 279.99 ($70 off)

What makes this deal even [H]otter is that you can use Circuit City's $40 off $199 coupons with it, dropping the price of each to $159.99 and 239.99, respectively.

I'd have to say "YMMV" though, as I tried yesterday for the S3 IS and found that the manager in Issaquah, WA didn't want to drop the price that low. So I just went home, printed off another coupon and also OD's Customer Service policy that says they have to honor competitor's coupons if its pertains.

Anyway, went to the Seattle (U-Village) Office Depot this afternoon and just picked up the S3 IS without any hassles whatsoever.

239.99 + WA tax = $261~, hell of a deal comparing i'd pay 382 if it were regular msrp. (even newegg is 320 shipped)

Also, if you're looking for a compact camera, the Canon SD1000 is also a great buy for $159.99.

You could also technically do this @ Circuit City as it is their coupon, you just have to price match ODepot's price on it.

For reference, ODepot is running a special 20% off Canon and another brand on cameras, this week and their prices aren't reflected on their website, if not i'd look them up as well. Always call in and check whether they have in stock and whether they'd do the coupon thing.

Props to SlickDeals for giving me the idea of using it on the S3, was originally going for the SD1000 deal: SD Link

CC Coupon
(Go to the 5th page and view the attachments in the middle of the thread)

Office Depot's Coupon Policy (4th paragraph from bottom)

fuckin wow, $160 for the 1000 is a helluva good price. I have the 750. I paid $300 fr it and I love it.

I got my S3 IS a few months ago and I absolutely LOVE it. Totally awesome camera if you want something that approaches professional quality without paying a DSLR price.

The image stabilization is particularly nice since I have shaky hands. :D

I got my S3 IS a few months ago and I absolutely LOVE it. Totally awesome camera if you want something that approaches professional quality without paying a DSLR price.

The image stabilization is particularly nice since I have shaky hands. :D

qft. been playing around with it a few hours and damn, it's such a sweet camera. My 2GB patriot SD card needs to arrive sooner.. the 16mb SD card isn't working out too well lol. I got that 2GB Patriot 40x SD card for 10 bucks shipped too from buy.com

is there a sale on any other canon cameras???

Yes, I noticed the Canon A640 had a discount, could've been 70 off as well.

"All Canon and Kodak digital cameras ($199 and up) are 20% OFF this week at Office Depot (B&M only)."

If you have one in mind, just call your local Office Depot and find out.

SD1000 is also a great a camera.
I got mine for 208.82 ship/taxed from our dell rep.
Small as hell, its the same size as a credit card (not thickness) and takes great pics and videos. At close zoom during video pixelation starts to happen.Other than that it's by far the best pocket point and clicker I have ever owned.
I also bought an 8GB card. The camera says I can 1h 31m of strait video w/ an 8gb card..

GRRR Ive beenw aiting FOREVER for this. I bought a Samsung S850 and its SUPERBLY beyond what I expected. MUCH better shots than my S1 IS for some reason, but I wish I would have held off and got either of these camera.

For those looking with a budget anywhere near that .... BUY ONE!

well went out and tried to get this deal i printed out the CC coupon went to office depot they said they dont accept the coupon cause its printed. soo i went to CC and ask then and they said they cant honor both at the same time they will only honor 1. any ideas how i can get this to work together??? i live in S cali 91709 . any one know a specific store round here that will accept both.

well went out and tried to get this deal i printed out the CC coupon went to office depot they said they dont accept the coupon cause its printed. soo i went to CC and ask then and they said they cant honor both at the same time they will only honor 1. any ideas how i can get this to work together??? i live in S cali 91709 . any one know a specific store round here that will accept both.

Went to both OfficeDepots and they never said they wouldn't accept the CC coupon because it was printed. If they asked that, i would've just said I received it in an email from them.

About CC, I would've just asked them to price match office depot's price, and they would since it's an instant rebate, not a mail in rebate, and then use the coupon. Never had to go to CC though, but people at SlickDeals didn't get a manager telling them they couldnt use both discounts.

The S3 is smoking. I paid $320 with 2x1GB SD cards last winter and it was still considered cheap then. Since I have big hands, the little cams do not work well with me. With the S3IS
You can get a nice firm grip and take shots. Macro mode on this thing is excellent!

I have a S3 IS as well, got it when it was $70 off last time, plus I worked at the store, so another 10% off. Great camera, beats my old 3.2 A510 by a longshot.

The S3 is smoking. I paid $320 with 2x1GB SD cards last winter and it was still considered cheap then. Since I have big hands, the little cams do not work well with me. With the S3IS
You can get a nice firm grip and take shots. Macro mode on this thing is excellent!

Not only does the s3 IS have awesome macro (SUPER MACRO for the WIN!) but it also has an awesome lack of shutter lag, especially when taking rapid fire shots. When taking shots without the flash I can literally tap the shutter button as fast as my finger will go and it will shoot every time. It makes outdoor photos a lot of fun that way... I just plop a 2GB card in there (with another 2 in my bag to spare) and snap snap snap away, I can sort out the bad pictures later without worries over running out of memory. :)

Got shot down at all the South Bay Area locations for both CC and Office Depot. (yes, including Coleman! :( they said 'we don't accept coupons for technology')

Strangely, it was for different reasons at each location. :D Apparently Office Depot is free to not accept certain kinds of competitor's coupons if the individual store doesn't want to - I called the customer number and the rep told me that.

Not only does the s3 IS have awesome macro (SUPER MACRO for the WIN!) but it also has an awesome lack of shutter lag, especially when taking rapid fire shots. When taking shots without the flash I can literally tap the shutter button as fast as my finger will go and it will shoot every time. It makes outdoor photos a lot of fun that way... I just plop a 2GB card in there (with another 2 in my bag to spare) and snap snap snap away, I can sort out the bad pictures later without worries over running out of memory. :)

I'm still a nooby when it comes to photoshooting, but I've been practicing everytime I go to the NY Botanical Garden. I always had the assumption of taking flower pictures to be best practice?

I read through the thread at Slickdeals and it seems like it would be much easier for me to go to
Circuit City. I called them and they said they will accept the printed coupon I have because lots
of people are bringing it in and using it.

I'm still a nooby when it comes to photoshooting, but I've been practicing everytime I go to the NY Botanical Garden. I always had the assumption of taking flower pictures to be best practice?

Definately good if you want to learn the art of taking good macros. Some people see flower shots as cliche, but I say fuck 'em. I like taking pictures of plants and flowers. :)

Sorry to hear so many people are having so much difficulty with this deal. :( Guess I just lucked out and got lucky on the 2nd time. The first instance, the manager only wanted to give me 20 off on that 40 dollar coupon, i refused and just said i'll go to another store. In any case, sounds like the actual CC stores may be a better shot. It's a [H]ot deal, just wish it was as easy as clicking a few buttons online :)

Circuit City I had also tried after OD - I think other people from SD or FW had already been there and done the deal. At one store, the instant they saw the OD ad, the CS guy started shaking his head and said I couldn't do both (before he even saw the coupon!), and then commented that the coupon would be printed and that the fine print mentions no reproductions (again, before I showed it to him!). They said that you can only apply either the coupon or the pricematch, but not both. 3 different CC's all had the same line on that point.

I'm guessing that after the early afternoon, the south bay stores just get bombed with people doing these things and catch on quick. :(

Definately good if you want to learn the art of taking good macros. Some people see flower shots as cliche, but I say fuck 'em. I like taking pictures of plants and flowers. :)

lol. thanks for the advice. I like the flower shots and use them as my wifes wallpaper:D

BTW guys, the S3 IS can be hacked to support RAW images and all kinds of other nifty features.... ;)

Nice ! Yeah.. sounds like stores are catching on, who knows, you may get lucky with certain managers and some you just run outta luck.

it seemed like the manager was very eager to take my coupon since she was doing a good job talking me into buying an extra SD card and a carrying bag. The 2GB card and bag were like $50 total. If you have other items they might be more willing to budge on the coupon. just a thought.

it seemed like the manager was very eager to take my coupon since she was doing a good job talking me into buying an extra SD card and a carrying bag. The 2GB card and bag were like $50 total. If you have other items they might be more willing to budge on the coupon. just a thought.

Exactly! I decided to get my case from them since I needed a case for this new smaller camera
(SD-1000). I felt that it was a nice thing to do!

My receipt:

SD-1000 163.62
Verge Camera Case 16.36
Sub-total 179.98
Tax 9.00
Total 188.98

I did not have any proof of the Office Depot price, but I did have 5 of the local Office Depot
phone numbers with me. The person who helped me did not even bother calling Office Depot.
He asked me how much they were selling the camera for, and I told him $199.99. I guess I
could have told him $179.99 and he would have just trusted me.;)

I am very happy I got this camera for such a great price. I am currently charging the battery so
I can try it out!

Mad props to Kevlarman for pointing me to this thread/deal and to Gaiden133 for making this
thread!

Mad props to Kevlarman for pointing me to this thread/deal and to Gaiden133 for making this
thread!

Not a problem :)

With the amount of money i've saved here at [H], figured more camera people would love this deal. The SD 1000 was a damn great deal for 160~! Glad it worked out for ya :cool:

The battery finished charging so I took a few photos. These are with auto settings and I have not
read the manual yet so they are not perfect.

I had to re-save the images so that they were small enough in size (under 1.5MB) for Imageshack.
At the default resolution of 3072x2304 the images were 1.7-2.30MB in size.

I need to learn me how to take me sum deegital photomagraphs.

lol, remember: For point and shoot operation push the shutter button down halfway until you hear 2 quick beeps (almost sounds like one beep) and see the green AF lock square in the viewfinder/LCD, then push the shutter down all the way.

Also check in the menu to make sure image stabilization is turned on. :)

Sample pix taken with my S3 IS over the past few months:

Obligatory flower pic:
http://www.noxtek.com/panties/files/1/flower_at_julies_jun_2007_webversion.jpg

SUPER MACRO TIME! This is one of the many miniature hermit crabs that hang out in our marine tank. This guy is just slightly larger than a pencil eraser. (no flash)
http://www.bbpix.com/files/1/fishy/marchfishpix 024.jpg

A couple more fishtank pics:
http://www.bbpix.com/files/view/1/easterfishpix 025.JPG
http://www.bbpix.com/files/view/1/easterfishpix 043.JPG

We went to my moms to hang out and visit on (Memorial Day) and had some good eats. She was really excited to show me the nest some sparrows had made right on her back porch, and I was excited to snap some pictures!

http://www.noxtek.com/panties/files/1/birds-002.jpg
http://www.noxtek.com/panties/files/1/birds-005.jpg

Mom or dad with food (a wasp I think), he/she is pissed off and waiting for us to leave so they can feed their babies. Both mom and dad kept dive bombing us while we were out there, it was hilarious. :D
http://www.noxtek.com/panties/files/1/birds-008.jpg
http://www.noxtek.com/panties/files/1/birds-010.jpg

lol, remember: For point and shoot operation push the shutter button down halfway until you hear 2 quick beeps (almost sounds like one beep) and see the green AF lock square in the viewfinder/LCD, then push the shutter down all the way.

Also check in the menu to make sure image stabilization is turned on. :)

With the S3 IS --^

:) Image stabilization. Also I love rapidly shooting.. one of my new obsessions, especially with a 2GB SD card

just got back from office depot
manager asked no questions and everything went smoothly
thanks for this

just got back from office depot
manager asked no questions and everything went smoothly
thanks for this

Grats.

Yeah, checked SD, and few people are getting them with few getting denied. It's a YMMV, but not too bad at that.

Where can I find such info?? Looking on google, but not finding what I want.

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

After loading this 'hack' your camera will gain the following functionality:

• Shooting in RAW
  • Live histogram (RGB, blended, luminance and for each RGB channel)
  • Zebra mode (blinking highlights and shadows)
  • DOF-calculator
  • Battery indicator
  • Scripts execution (exposure/focus/... bracketing, intervalometer and more)
  • File browser
  • Text reader
  • Calendar
  • Some fun tools and games :)

This firmware 'hack' also works for:
  • A610, Fw: 1.00D (with CHDK version for 1.00E), 1.00E, 1.00F
  • A620, Fw: 1.00F ( 1.00E is not compatible. You must upgrade to 1.00F first )
  • A630, Fw: 1.00C
  • A640, Fw: 1.00B
  • A710 IS, Fw: 1.00A
  • S2 IS, Fw: 1.00E, 1.00F, 1.00G, 1.00I (with CHDK version for 1.00G)
  • S3 IS, Fw: 1.00A

And the best part is it's not really altering the core firmware on your camera at all, it's sort of a program that loads on the camera when you turn it on.

Thanks, OP. I went to the OD in East Brunswick, NJ only to have the Manager tell me they don't accept CC coupons because they do not sell office supplies which doesn''t make them competition.

I then left to go to CC a mile down the road and before I could ask, the kid told me I was the 7th person in there today and he knew what I was looking for. He said he could do one, or the other but not both. But, he did say if I bought some accessories and or a warranty he could do both. I told him I wanted another SD card, but they only had a floor model. Every other location within a 30 mile radius including 2 warehouses were OOS.

I then called OD's corp office and asked them about their price match guarantee and the guy told me CC is definately competition and they should have accepted the coupon. I then called the Freehold, NJ store. Told the Manager what I wanted and what coupon/price match I had and he was hesitant but once I told him I was buying an extra card, and that it would be a 15-20 min drive he said come on down, and I'll honor it. He was the coolest Manager Ive ever dealt with. I walked out with the camera and a 2GB SD card for 294.24 including tax. Cant wait to tear into this baby being my A95's CCD shit the bed on me. Thanks again.

Burbank, CA - Office Depot tech guy was really nice. I had my heart set on the S3, but the manger refused to honor the $40 off. I went to Circuit City for the PM. They refused, stating that I needed to provide a printed ad. I went back to OD, got the add (which only had the SD1000) and headed back to CC.

I ended up buying the SD1000, a case and 2 gig card for $225 OTD. I might as well hold out for an SLR when I want a bulkier camera.

Back