[H]orde you say??

styleboy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
280
I guess I'm part of the team now.. :) I don't have much to offer as of now, only my personal pc running at 2.1, but after my next upgrade, I'll make this a dedicated box. Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
 
Welcome to the [H]orde, and welcome to the addicition. Before you know it, you'll have 5 or 6 boxes you pulled from just about anywhere to fold in your room. :cool: And any contribution helps the cause, big or small.

 
How would I set up another box across my home network (router) .. im guessing run the program with the same info? also, im running the graphical version, because for some reason when I load the console version, and I add -config, it doesnt go into the config. It starts trying to fold right away.. I dunno, maybe ill check it out again.
 
styleboy said:
How would I set up another box across my home network (router) .. im guessing run the program with the same info? also, im running the graphical version, because for some reason when I load the console version, and I add -config, it doesnt go into the config. It starts trying to fold right away.. I dunno, maybe ill check it out again.


You don’t “add” –config, you run that from the start/run menu. Actually you should use the command "–config only" command when you do then it won’t start folding once you are done with your configuration.

I do highly recommend the console version over the graphical; it’s much easier to use and less overall hassle. I use the following settings –local –forceasm as my config info. You can add –advmethods but that puts you in the beta program and you up your probability of getting unstable work units.

At any rate, welcome aboard, every machine counts.

Enjoy and remember, this can be very addictive. The “[H]orde is not responsible for how many computers you buy or borg (legal disclaimer)
 
Yeah, just double click the console file within Windows and it'll go through the install if it's the first time you've ran folding else add the flag -configonly <-- note correction to the above it's 1 word Then it'll let you run the install and set it up as a service, which I highly recommend.

Welcome to the team! :)

 
Stay far....far....FAR away from the graphical client. Just use the console client and run it as a service. You'll be much farther ahead, as the graphical client is sluggish and buggy, and likes to crash alot.

 
I accidentally sent 200 by adding an extra 0.. can you please send the extra 180 back? thanks in advance!
 
How fast is this supposed to work.. Im using the GUI version right now just to check things out a bit and this is what it says..

frames completed
1000/50000
7.2s frame

WU end
2:33 sat 1 april 06

does that seem a little slow? I thought I read somewhere that it takes a day to complete a work unit on a p2-400 and since I have a faster system... .............
 
They take a long time to finish, anywhere from 8 hours to a week, depending on the hardware and the size of the unit. Big units take a few days even on the fastest hardware, but give out big points. Once you finish your first unit and see it's worth like, 140 points or something, you'll have a new found respect for those of us with 6 and 7 digits worth of points. :)

 
styleboy said:
How fast is this supposed to work..

<snip>

I thought I read somewhere that it takes a day to complete a work unit on a p2-400 and since I have a faster system... .............

A p2-400 rough numbers would most likely be 20-30 points per day(I might be a little high), so if you got one of those 40 point proteins then it would get done in about 2 days, but most proteins are in the 150 to 300 point range currently. Here is a list of the currently running projects. So currently the lowest point proteins are using the DGromacs core and are worth 23-112 points, while the highest point wus are the Gromacs which go from 33 points up to 600. More points they are worth, longer it took to fold on their benchmark system.

 
Welcome to the [H]orde!!


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
MN Scout said:
A p2-400 rough numbers would most likely be 20-30 points per day.......... snip

More like 110*0.4/2.8 = 15 or 16 points per day.
May be double that with a big unit gromac.

At the moment @2.3 Ghz, I'm running at between 115 & 235 PpD depending on exactly which protien I'm crunching.
So with 6 computers running 12 cores and useing 1Kw/h I'm averaging 2K per day.......

Luck....... :D
 
I guess I was hoping to much. It's been awhile since I used a p2 400 to fold. I think I might actually maybe still have one folding at my work, but I can't monitor it.
 
styleboy said:
I accidentally sent 200 by adding an extra 0.. can you please send the extra 180 back? thanks in advance!
Excellent. This sense of humor will get you far here.

Welcome to the mad house, and please enjoy your stay.
:)
 
As usual, I'm late to the party. But welcome, and enjoy your stay!

 
I'm totally awesome...
rolleyes.gif




 
wow it looks like i missed this party. Well welcome to the team anyways

 
Back
Top