I did say this month would be a double header of [H]ardspotlights.
and here is the second one...........
402blownstroker!
(I've only got a 318 anyway....
)
First off, tell us about you.
Where do you call home?
Lafayette, Colorado. A northern suburb of Denver.
What is your family situation?
Divorced. I also have full time custody of my 6 year old daighter.
What do you do for a living?
Computer Nerd... I mean software developer.
Does your forum name hold any significant meaning?
402blownstroker is taken from my big toy. It is a 2000 Corvette with 402 CID stroked LS1 with an ATI F1-R Procharger( supercharger ).
Did you ever post in the "Let's see your mug... " thread? Why or why not?
No. I was not aware of it, but I will have to track it down.
What other hobbies or interests keep you busy?
Two big hobbies are music and drag racing. I have been playing the drums for getting close to 30 years now. I have been drag racing for about 7 years where the last two years I took off for various personal reason.
Tell us about your involvement in DC.
Work wise, I have build several large distributed mitli tier applications including ones for the aviation and telephony fields.
Personally, I have been folding since about 2002. I initially found FAH when I was looking for something to do a burn in test on my first dual Xeon 604 build. Once I found out about the point system and the cause it was trying to accomplish, I never stopped.
Who or what got you stated in DC projects? About when was it?
See above question's answer.
Why do you participate?
The science and the spirit of competing.
If DC'ing could find a cure for just one disease tomorrow, which one would it be and why?
Alzheimer's Disease. There is a long history of it in my family and my mother is starting to show early signs of it.
What projects have you contributed to? Any others you find interesting?
I have only folded.
What teams have you contributed to?
For many years under anonymous. I created my own team a couple of years ago:
Dragon_Gathering
In Feb 2012, I joined the [H]orde. I have been a member of the hardforums site for many years and lurked in the DC section a bit. I finally figured there is no reason why not to join. I have been very happy I did.
Why did you choose the Horde?
See above question's answer.
If your current project ends, which one will you move on to?
I do not see FAH ending anytime soon.
Current level of production and how's it spread around?
It is between 450K to 600K PPD depending on WUs. The two big machines are a 4P Opteron and a SR-2. I also have a dual 5440 with 2 GPU clients and a dual 8389 Opteron.
Where do you see the [H]ard DC sub-forum in the near future?
I things only getting better here. This includes participation in all the different projects and as its own small community here. There is a great group of people here.
Long term?
Pretty much the same as the short term.
Any ideas on improving the [H]ard DC sub-forum, or suggestions or improvements for our Team?
It would nice if we could increase our membership in the different projects we are involved with.
Tell us about your involvement.
Where did you begin?
I think this has been answered in previous answers.
What are you running today?
Not sure what the question is asking.
Where do you see your DC'ing activities in the next year or two?
Well... since I have a 'slightly' obsessive personality I will most likely become more involved.
Do these boxen have day jobs or are they dedicated folders?
The 4P is mainly a folders, but does light duty file serving to the SR-2. The SR-2 is also pretty much a full time folder, but takes a break everyone now and then for big video and/or audio encoding projects or a little game playing. The dual 5440 is my work server, but folds constantly. The dual 8389 is my Untangled firewall
How are these boxen configured? OS, client, etc?
4P : Fedora 16 x86_64
SR-2 : Fedora 16 x86_64 + 2008 R2
5440 : Fedora 14
8389 : Untangled ( linux )
Have you been successful borging? If so, what kind of borging worked for you? (For example, friends, family, and/or work?)
When I was working at NCAR, several large servers mysteriously started running the FAH client.
and here is the second one...........
402blownstroker!
(I've only got a 318 anyway....
First off, tell us about you.
Where do you call home?
Lafayette, Colorado. A northern suburb of Denver.
What is your family situation?
Divorced. I also have full time custody of my 6 year old daighter.
What do you do for a living?
Computer Nerd... I mean software developer.
Does your forum name hold any significant meaning?
402blownstroker is taken from my big toy. It is a 2000 Corvette with 402 CID stroked LS1 with an ATI F1-R Procharger( supercharger ).
Did you ever post in the "Let's see your mug... " thread? Why or why not?
No. I was not aware of it, but I will have to track it down.
What other hobbies or interests keep you busy?
Two big hobbies are music and drag racing. I have been playing the drums for getting close to 30 years now. I have been drag racing for about 7 years where the last two years I took off for various personal reason.
Tell us about your involvement in DC.
Work wise, I have build several large distributed mitli tier applications including ones for the aviation and telephony fields.
Personally, I have been folding since about 2002. I initially found FAH when I was looking for something to do a burn in test on my first dual Xeon 604 build. Once I found out about the point system and the cause it was trying to accomplish, I never stopped.
Who or what got you stated in DC projects? About when was it?
See above question's answer.
Why do you participate?
The science and the spirit of competing.
If DC'ing could find a cure for just one disease tomorrow, which one would it be and why?
Alzheimer's Disease. There is a long history of it in my family and my mother is starting to show early signs of it.
What projects have you contributed to? Any others you find interesting?
I have only folded.
What teams have you contributed to?
For many years under anonymous. I created my own team a couple of years ago:
Dragon_Gathering
In Feb 2012, I joined the [H]orde. I have been a member of the hardforums site for many years and lurked in the DC section a bit. I finally figured there is no reason why not to join. I have been very happy I did.
Why did you choose the Horde?
See above question's answer.
If your current project ends, which one will you move on to?
I do not see FAH ending anytime soon.
Current level of production and how's it spread around?
It is between 450K to 600K PPD depending on WUs. The two big machines are a 4P Opteron and a SR-2. I also have a dual 5440 with 2 GPU clients and a dual 8389 Opteron.
Where do you see the [H]ard DC sub-forum in the near future?
I things only getting better here. This includes participation in all the different projects and as its own small community here. There is a great group of people here.
Long term?
Pretty much the same as the short term.
Any ideas on improving the [H]ard DC sub-forum, or suggestions or improvements for our Team?
It would nice if we could increase our membership in the different projects we are involved with.
Tell us about your involvement.
Where did you begin?
I think this has been answered in previous answers.
What are you running today?
Not sure what the question is asking.
Where do you see your DC'ing activities in the next year or two?
Well... since I have a 'slightly' obsessive personality I will most likely become more involved.
Do these boxen have day jobs or are they dedicated folders?
The 4P is mainly a folders, but does light duty file serving to the SR-2. The SR-2 is also pretty much a full time folder, but takes a break everyone now and then for big video and/or audio encoding projects or a little game playing. The dual 5440 is my work server, but folds constantly. The dual 8389 is my Untangled firewall
How are these boxen configured? OS, client, etc?
4P : Fedora 16 x86_64
SR-2 : Fedora 16 x86_64 + 2008 R2
5440 : Fedora 14
8389 : Untangled ( linux )
Have you been successful borging? If so, what kind of borging worked for you? (For example, friends, family, and/or work?)
When I was working at NCAR, several large servers mysteriously started running the FAH client.