[H] New Year's Resolution?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Every year we ask you guys about your New Year's resolutions. You know, what things you swore to change, what resolutions you've already broken and so on. So let's hear them, what was your New Year's resolution? Which ones have you already broken?

Is that 8% an absolute of that 45%, or 8% of 45%? These statistics have yet again proved useless with no context.

last year I set out to lose 100 pounds....lost 70 but i still call that a win as i am still losing it and going to lose the other 30 pounds this year while getting in shape

To ingest 74.863% less mainstream media crap. The [H] is now my main news source.

To ingest 74.863% less mainstream media crap. The [H] is now my main news source.

I hope this is not aligned with political parties.

Typically people and politicians that tell us not to watch/read seemly "liberal or alt-right" news outlets are purposely dumbing us down.
Listen to all points of view, no matter how ridiculous. Staying informed on all points of view allows you to connect the dots and find the truth on your own.

There's too much "groupthink" happening in America right now.

Typically people and politicians that tell us not to watch/read seemly "liberal or alt-right" news outlets are purposely dumbing us down.
Listen to all points of view, no matter how ridiculous. Staying informed on all points of view allows you to connect the dots and find the truth on your own.

I'd say the exception to this is when you have a source that has story after story that has later been proven to be demonstrably false OR omitting essential information that changes the entire perspective. So in other words, yes, hear both sides, but for god's sake, shut down the straight up lies.

I'd say the exception to this is when you have a source that has story after story that has later been proven to be demonstrably false OR omitting essential information that changes the entire perspective. So in other words, yes, hear both sides, but for god's sake, shut down the straight up lies.

Politics doesn't matter. Only hardware matters.

Fix the house up. Replaced (half) my patio railing yesterday. damn bracket kit was missing screws and it got dark.

i hate new years resolutions, everyday is a day where you can make or try to do great things, it doesnt have to be jan 1st.
New Years is a good way to mentally unshackle yourself from previous failures, and feel like you have a fresh slate to do things right. Not everybody needs that, but some do need to feel like they are "starting fresh" to get motivated and stop bad habits.

I resolve to finish at least one game a month to completion. That is, one full playthrough of a single player campaign on default difficulty. Starting with Dishonored this month, which is one of those games I dabbled in but never finished. Hopefully I'll make a noticeable dent in my backlog by this time next year.

I resolve to finish at least one game a month to completion. That is, one full playthrough of a single player campaign on default difficulty. Starting with Dishonored this month, which is one of those games I dabbled in but never finished. Hopefully I'll make a noticeable dent in my backlog by this time next year.
I dunno, I feel like it's the game's fault if you can't be bothered to complete it because it's not drawing you in.

Not aligned with any party as I think both parties are an outhouse full of douche bags twittling each other. Our country was founded on getting away from total government rule and freedom of religion, I just want our country back. I am not religions I am a follower of Christ and believe we had better get our moral compass in order. Letting our compass go south has lead us to the place where an anti American can be president, a murder can run for president and a tard can be our next president.

Hey keep on topic this thread is not about politics it's about breaking New Years resolutions :)

I'll take Brave New World for 1000, Alex.

The government of Brave New World retains control by making its citizens so happy and superficially fulfilled that they don’t care about their personal freedom. In Brave New World the consequences of state control are a loss of dignity, morals, values, and emotions—in short, a loss of humanity.

I continue what I started many many years ago.

1) Not making new years resolutions because resolving to instantly change my habits is stupid and a recipe for failure.

On other things, I will continue not having Cable TV. The amount of money I save every single year is enough for a Vacation every single year or a brand new TV. Or all the stupid shit I buy throughout the year that prevents me from saving enough for either of those things anyhow. I will continue to shun 4k+, because I see no value in it. Only another resolution arms race that I can't tell the difference in unless they are sitting side by side. That and I don't have a 70" TV and it is pointless on anything below 55" anyhow. I will continue mocking those who are blind to the fact that VR (while cool) is still just another fad like 3d TV in the gaming market. A few other things I can't think of at the moment or summed up as "I will probably continue to be a divisive asshole, because I enjoy it".

Back