[H]itMan's Setup

HitMan-sC

Gawd
Well, I built this computer at the end of February but, thanks to an IC7-Max 3 on a rampage, I didn't get it up and running until a month later. I've finally gotten around to taking pics of it, so I decided to share the love :). This case isn't modded, but I think it's beautiful anyways. By the way, the computer is the P4 rig in my signature.

CaseAngle.jpg

CaseFront.jpg

CaseInside.jpg

SidePanelOpen.jpg

DeskFront.jpg

Sorry if the pictures aren't that great, I haven't had much time to play with lighting, and I had to keep file-size down. I did manage to get some great shots on vacation a couple of years ago!

Bonus:

Giraffe.jpg

Giraffe's rule!

your comp is real real nice, and nice lcd too. How good are those z-5300's? should i get those like you've got or go with the z-560's ?? i have an audigy 2 zs

Thank you. As for the 5300's, at first they sounded a bit muffled, but after about a 1-2 week "break-in" period, they sound great! Especially for movies and games. Whichever set you want to get is up to you, it depends on how much you are willing to spend. Look around for some reviews of both.

Suggestions and comments:

1. As mentioned, maybe stealth your drives and floppy, with a sexy case like that they deserve it :)
2. Why do you have the fan on your heatsink exausting air? From the testing I've done, my SLK-800 and 2100+ @ 3200+ ran much cooler with my Smartfan2 blowing air towards the heatsink.
3. Excellent wiring job, especially with that many drives and video card :)

arent Dell LCDs great?

its almost like they designed that area in the middle of the stand just for a center speaker.

its a wonderful thing. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. Personally, I don't like stealth mods. The drives actually look much blacker in person, the flash just made them stand out. Thaddy - I thought the fan was supposed to suck air away from the heatsink?

And yes ozzi, it is a beautiful thing :D.

the_village_treky said:
no, it should alwas be blowing in...

btw, geraffes kick ass

Hmm, I guess I'll have to fix that over the weekend, when I'm done with finals. Thanks for the heads up.

...That giraffe shot is one of my most favorite pictures :D. I have some kick ass bird pics too.

@ HitMan-sC

Damn, I wish I could clean my case like yours, cables all over the place :(
how long did it took you to clean it, oh and how heavy is the case? i am wondering since i plan to buy one and by then finally clean the cable mess i always have

Well, I always watch TV (almost always comedy central) when I'm doing any build, repair, or upgrade, so it took me a few hours :p. I'm sure if you strapped down and concentrated it wouldn't take you more than an hour or two. As for the case, by itself it's very light, but fully loaded it's surprisingly heavy, but it's probably just my power supply.

Yeah, you definetly want the air blowing onto the heatsink. The fan in the back should be blowing out though, to take the warm air away.

Nice rig otherwise (I'm not going to comment on the speaker placement ;)), and nice giraffe. :p

NOTD665 said:
Yeah, you definetly want the air blowing onto the heatsink. The fan in the back should be blowing out though, to take the warm air away.

Nice rig otherwise (I'm not going to comment on the speaker placement ;)), and nice giraffe. :p

The fan in the back is blowing air out, it only looks like the logo side from that picture. And what about the speaker placement? :p

why do you keep your computer on the bottom where no one can see it?, especially when its a windowed computer?

i keep mine on top of my table for EVERYONE to see... pretty nice too

wayne said:
why do you keep your computer on the bottom where no one can see it?, especially when its a windowed computer?

i keep mine on top of my table for EVERYONE to see... pretty nice too

There's no room on the desk. Besides, I like it down there anyways - it's out of the way

HitMan-sC said:
There's no room on the desk. Besides, I like it down there anyways - it's out of the way
AHHHHHH!!!!! :eek: :eek:

sir, you must understand something :mad:

you do NOT put modded computers "out of the way"

sighh... :p

i dont know if im mistaken

but picture 4.... how is the CCFLs on and the cpu fan NOT on?... shouldnt they all be on if the computers on?

hmm

Fast camera. Almost caught the blades mid-motion. I say almost because they are still blurred.

Shadowspawn said:
Fast camera. Almost caught the blades mid-motion. I say almost because they are still blurred.

I still haven't screwed around with this camera's aperture/shutter speed yet. I'll post some better pics when I get the time.

Back