H-Frame Mini is Out

If you search newegg there is Red, Blue, and Green listed. I would prefer black or an all white but I don't think those are current offerings.

It's different and would be fun to have. However at almost $200 it is a total rip off. Make it $50 or less.

It's different and would be fun to have. However at almost $200 it is a total rip off. Make it $50 or less.

Keep in mind that it includes a 180W PSU, I can't tell if it's a custom design, or some kind of picoPSU thing, but that could easily account for $70 or $80. Also it is aluminum and is definitely unique. So $200 might be a little steep, but $50 is laughably low.

It looks like it can hold a slim ODD and a low-profile card, which is nice for something this size. It's definitely interesting.

Edit: The pictures from the site show some interesting cable management design, with mounts to hold the SATA power and data cables in place on the underside of the case. Also, it is a little bit bigger than Cmadki4's or loneindustries' designs, at 262x108x287mm, but it's still nice to be able fit so much in there.

http://www.inwin-style.com/pd_info.php?id=329

Last edited:
Can anyone estimate what the cooler height restriction is in this? I think a Samuel 17 with a standard fan would fit fine.

$200 is very rich. I could certainly justify $120 or $120 (or even $120), but $200 is asking quite a lot, in my opinion.

Keep in mind that it includes a 180W PSU, I can't tell if it's a custom design, or some kind of picoPSU thing, but that could easily account for $70 or $80. Also it is aluminum and is definitely unique. So $200 might be a little steep, but $50 is laughably low.

I agree that $50 is "laughably low." What competing ITX cases are regularly priced at $50 (not counting sales)? Those cheap Apex MI008 cases? I have to admit that $200, while "high" for a case is actually on the low end in my mind for these limited edition cases. How much does that ASRock BMW case cost? $500. How much does that Thermaltake Level 10 cost? The Lian Li train?

I'm actually digging the look! I do wonder about the PSU, but if it is somewhat reasonable quality (meets ATX spec, won't blow up and kill your parts, better efficiency than Antec ISK 300-150 PSU - ZING!) then I can easily see building a LAN rig in this using a low profile Radeon 7750. Just got to keep an eye out for reviews that properly tests the PSU, plus sales. I paid around $80 for my ISK 300-150. I'd easily pay $100 for something like this. $120? Maybe.

It also includes both aluminum and tempered glass side panels, which drives the cost up a bit.

Not a bad design, if I hadn't dropped cash on the M1, I'd probably take a look at it.

I like the aesthetics but don't understand the need of having such an open case designed for airflow if you cannot put in power-demanding hardware that would need such cooling.

I like the aesthetics but don't understand the need of having such an open case designed for airflow if you cannot put in power-demanding hardware that would need such cooling.

I don't think it's all that open though. Most Mini-ITX cases have side openings. This one doesn't. Plus... it's oh so pretty...

I know some people have been wondering about the power supply, I found the specs:

It's a 80plus bronze cert:
IP-AD180-2 180W
max 10A on the 12V rail...

Which compared to the 160-XT Pico PSU has a max of 8A on the 12V rail with a max peak of 15A...

Are they all green?
so far I think only the green/black and blue/grey made it to Europe

the power supply... specs...
I believe it's also sporting a 40mm fan which is my main concern with it. Chiphell (through google translate) made a comment that it's not too loud, but given how wildly different definitions of quiet can be I'd take the comment with a grain of salt

Thank God the case is cool becasue the in-win homepage is horrible. Utterly horrible.

well that says it's flex-atx so maybe it could be upgraded using a Fortron (FSP) 220W or 270W if anyone has the need to do so

It does say that, but isn't it about half the physical size of normal Flex ATX units?

The In Win unit is 54mm × 185mm × 48mm. Standard FlexATX is 81.5mm x 150mm x 40.5mm.

It's the same PSU (or the 160w version) they've been using for a few years now in the BM-series and Wavy. I saw a review of it once (I think on bit-tech; can't find it now), seemed like a decent unit.

Back