[H]forum webpage redirect issue.

mhenley

[H]ard|Gawd
I really have no clue where to put this, so I'm hoping that networking is the right area.

Long time forum user here, recently started to have issues with the site though, but only when clicking on links. Anytime I click on a link, it appears to get redirected to a site, perhaps for marketing and tracking purposes, but it never resolves and sends me to the correct address. Here is an example of what I see in the address bar when it gets stuck.

http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-389113...com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133319

I've tested with the latest versions of both IE and Chrome, and although I can highlight the newegg number and go directly to the site and search for it, it's getting annoying having to do that every time. Is this something that the website is responsible for, or is it perhaps a local security setting that I am unaware of.

Running Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Kaspersky Antivirus 2012 (tested on and off), clean hosts file, mostly default security settings (mixed mode content enabled instead of prompt), static IP, tested with ISP's DNS, OpenDNS and Google's DNS, Comcast ISP.

**edit** It's not all links. I just clicked on something from another threat that took me to a news article and it went through without any issues.

Last edited:
I really have no clue where to put this, so I'm hoping that networking is the right area.

Long time forum user here, recently started to have issues with the site though, but only when clicking on links. Anytime I click on a link, it appears to get redirected to a site, perhaps for marketing and tracking purposes, but it never resolves and sends me to the correct address. Here is an example of what I see in the address bar when it gets stuck.

http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-389113...com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133319

I've tested with the latest versions of both IE and Chrome, and although I can highlight the newegg number and go directly to the site and search for it, it's getting annoying having to do that every time. Is this something that the website is responsible for, or is it perhaps a local security setting that I am unaware of.

Running Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Kaspersky Antiviris 2012 (tested on and off), clean hosts file, mostly default security settings (mixed mode content enabled instead of prompt), static IP, tested with ISP's DNS, OpenDNS and Google's DNS, Comcast ISP.

It's a tracking thing so HF can track what we click on and so they get $$

You behind a untangle firewall ?

The OP's problems happen at my work also, but it's a city-parish metro net. God knows what filtering/proxying is done there. Works fine at my home though.

It's a tracking thing so HF can track what we click on and so they get $$

You behind a untangle firewall ?

Until now I've never even heard of untangle. Using Windows firewall and a wired connection to my Linksys router with no special security settings other than port forwarding for certain games. Unless one of the hops between me and newegg is using it, I am not aware of it being involved anywhere in the process.

I was having the same issues behind my smoothwall box .. but I allow access to ip address and added tkqlhce.com and I think a couple other .com's to my whitelist and all works now

Thanks, that gives me some ideas regarding which direction to take.

Untangle's spyware blocker sees all the ad links here on [H] as dangerous
If you disable it for testing, the links will work correctly.

It has been reported several times.

Back