[H].com rendering left justified...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have ad block turned on? Whitelisting our site will fix the centering.

White listing the site fixes it if you are running AdBlock. I didn't have a problem until a few days ago, but the site is definitely being affected by AdBlock now.

I have AdBlock and Ghostery turned off when I come to HardOCP.com. Everything is pushed to the left of my screen when viewed in Firefox 31 and Firefox 32. I have NoScript block google-analytics.com and googleadservices.com. Allowing those globally has no effect.

It seems that no matter what I do the advertising doesn't come back.

Internet Explorer and Chrome are not affected.

This happens on both my work PCs. I have not checked my PC at home. I will probably remove, not merely disable, those addons to see if everything is restored to normal.

Update:

I nuked Firefox at home after backing up my settings using MozBackup. I removed the folders it left behind and ran CCleaner until both temp files and the registry were cleaned up. I then did a reboot just because.

After that I did a clean install of Firefox with no addons and HardOCP.com looked just like I remembered it did right up until I put my plugins and settings back.

I may nuke Firefox again for additional testing to see how having only NoScript installed and disabled works. After that I'll remove NoScript and install AdBlock Plus but keep it disabled as well.

I am hopeful that if I get the time that I can find a way to have those plugins installed AND keep advertisements here on [H]ardOCP working.

Last edited:
White listing the site fixes it if you are running AdBlock. I didn't have a problem until a few days ago, but the site is definitely being affected by AdBlock now.

We totally recoded the site this week, it was in need of an update. We do not check to see that our site is compatible with adblock.

I'm glad I found this thread, my OCD was kicking in and the left justification thing was driving me nuts.....

There are huge black borders around the right and leftsides for me. Like 2.5 finger widths of black bars on the hardocp page.

EDIT: That is excluding the gigabyte ads on the left/right. So take the ad and add 2.5 finger widths of black bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything looks fine to me on Firefox 31. I don't use any ad blocking add-ons. I see Gigabyte ads on both margins of the front page. No issues with the forum either.

Here is an example, I guess it's supposed to look like that though?

ScreenShot2014-09-11at81123PM_zps465c5f28.png

Even with adblock removed I am seeing the front page as aligned left. But I am also running a nightly build of Firefox so maybe it doesn't like something with the way the ads are set up on the page

I just checked again and I have no such issue.

@xIronCrossx-Yes, that's how it looks like to me. I just zoomed in a bit to eliminate the extra space.

Well the ad at the top of the forums shows up but no other ads show up on the site. I checked around on other sites as well and I don't see ads on them either. I guess something in Firefox 35 broke the ads :|

I'm only using NoScript, but I have it set to allow all and it's still left aligned on Firefox. I don't see ads even though it's set to Allow All.

Same thing with IE, but no ad blockers used there (I never really use IE anyway).

Here is an example, I guess it's supposed to look like that though?

Yes that is correct. The ads on the side will be gone next week, it is a one week deal.

Even with adblock removed I am seeing the front page as aligned left. But I am also running a nightly build of Firefox so maybe it doesn't like something with the way the ads are set up on the page

That is a FF issue and we do not code for Betas.

Well the ad at the top of the forums shows up but no other ads show up on the site. I checked around on other sites as well and I don't see ads on them either. I guess something in Firefox 35 broke the ads :|

No clue on FF35.

I'm only using NoScript, but I have it set to allow all and it's still left aligned on Firefox. I don't see ads even though it's set to Allow All.

Same thing with IE, but no ad blockers used there (I never really use IE anyway).

NoScript is mostly likely breaking it and we are not going to code for NoScript.

Centering is fixed for you ad blockers and for the folks stuck behind corporate firewall ad blocking software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back