[H]ardTube Loop

Dullard

2[H]4U
Rather than hijack Sabrewolf732's thread any more, here are some pics of my latest bends.

This is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro. It can fit a 420 rad in the top, just no room for fans. I think it was just designed to have three 140mm fans up there. I had to move the rad towards the open side of the case about 30mm. There's a pic showing the little aluminum tabs I made to mount it, and I had to cut some out of the top of the case so the fans weren't half covered. There's a pic that shows how tight the rad is to the mobo with just the top fans - had to cut a little notch out of the I/O shroud for the back corner of the rad to clear.

Anyway, I also wanted to keep a 5.25" bay for a BluRay drive, so that made things a little more challenging, and I also wanted a 280 in the front, so I had to make room for that. And I wanted push pull fans on the rads (420 GTX top, 280 GTX front).

I also wanted to keep the PSU shroud, so that really cut into the room for the pump/res. I'm not thrilled with where the drain came out, but that's where it is. Good enough to get it drained enough to swap CPU or GPU.

The tubes have moisture in them, I just rinsed them out as this is final assembly time.

Edit: added pic of my bending table, 1 1/4" hole saw just set with the bit into the board, fence clamped to the rear.

ProTop-a.jpg
ProTop1a.jpg
ProTubes-a.jpg
ProAssem-a.jpg
ProSide-a.jpg
BendTable-a.jpg

Last edited:
Some really impressive bends ;)

Most are OK -I'm not thrilled with the one from the top rad to the front rad. A tight bend a the top, had to shoot the gap between rear of 5.25" drive bay and front of PSU shroud, and had a 1" offset to make up for the move of the top rad and still miss the drain piping. I could have done better with a do-over on that one, but it is almost OK (this rig is a gift to some kids, they won't mind) - if it was mine I'd probably do that piece over.

Also, on PETG, that double bend on the piece from the GPU to CPU is hard, doing the second bend that close to the first one tends to loosen up the first bend if you're not careful.

Back