[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

Oh to be able to overclock the hell out of this card and still be cooler,quieter and more efficent than the old 4870x2 that I use to heat my room in the winter.

The nvidia gpu, coupled with the memory and bandwidth are a winner. Adding in the phenomenal Direct CUII cooling solution is icing on the cake. And the "Asus" printed on the shroud will match the all the other Asus hardware inside my case.

:)

I'd be upgrading from a very old GTX260. It would also improve f@h (on a different team) but I'd switch to [H] ;)

Overall, it would be a huge improvement and would have better driver support since some games seems to start giving flickering effects to the UI.

The upgrade from 1GB Vram to 2GB will help in the future when I go with a 3 monitor set up, the DirectCU is a much better cooling set up compared to a single fan reference card and basically overall better in every way as I don't have a card right now as the replacement I was sent after RMAing my first card didn't even work the day I got it. So now waiting on the third card and wishing I had bought an Asus to begin with.

My 5870 is a work horse. I believe it is time I switch back to Nvidia and see what I have been missing out on.

When you have to do with the best graphics card and motherboard manufacture, I think there is no need to justify a gamer’s need for these amazing products… Hope to win this excellent combo and upgrade my PC so I can play all the latest series.

Why I want this card is so I can finally play csgo and tf2 on something other than low and well to even get in a game of bf3 without my system shutting down from overheating. My current card is broken and doesn't get rid of the heat properly anymore.

I been meaning to replace it but being a pre-med college student on a budget, I cant. Plus its hard to justify spending money on something I probably shouldn't be doing in the first place with being pre-med and all, but you can take me out of the game but never take the gamer out of me.

Its way better than my AGP based video card, give me a great reason to build a new system!

Dear [H]ardOCP,

I've been making the best of my GeForce 8800 GTS for four years now, and I would love to upgrade to a new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II card. Please send one my way!

Two of the new gaming features I'm looking foward to are TXAA for beautifully smooth edges and viewing surfaces from tight angles, and Adaptive V-Sync for the best possible frame rates without tearing. On top of that, the nVidia Kepler GPU paired with the ASUS DirectCU II cooling system look like they will do a fantastic job of running cool while keeping my system whisper quiet. (A nice, quiet machine means better immersion when I'm gaming and less distraction when I'm doing other things.)

The timing couldn't be better. My poor old 8800 is barely able to keep up with modern games even with very basic graphics settings. Seeing these games in their full glory would be an entirely new experience for me.

Thanks!

[H]ardOCP & ASUS are awesome!
GPU Tweak with profile based overclock settings for games let's me set the speed for demanding games that need the performance.
With the DIGI+ VRM 6 phase power and custom fan/heatsink and factory overclock, I don't have to worry about stability and heat issues.

The power to drive my 3x displays with all the bells and whistles enabled in every game! :)

I really like the dual fan and heatsink designof the ASUS 660Ti DirectCU II. This will greatly benefit me because my PC always stays on, and anything that will help cool my system hardware is always a PLUS!

The ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCU II would greatly improve my gaming experience over my old 5770. The five all copper heatpipes and two dust proof 80mm fans (28 blades!?) will keep it a lot cooler and quieter than my reference 5770. Throw in the Digi+ VRM and 6 phase Super Alloy power for some awesome overclocking and I'll really be able to crank up the graphics. I would also get to enjoy all of the benefits that Nvidia's Kepler brings with it over my AMD 5770 (TXAA, 3D Vision, four monitor support, Adaptive V-Sync, PhysX and 2GB VRAM). The Maximus Formula grand prize would take my gaming experience to the next step beyond that! It would definitely be a huge upgrade over my current i7 930 setup.

You can't go wrong with ASUS performance and reliability. I love my Zenbook and Nexus 7, just ordered a P8C WS and helped my friend build a new computer with the Z77 Sabertooth that I recommended to him.

There are three brands I recommend above all others:
ASUS for motherboards, video cards and computers/laptops/tablets
Corsair for cases, power supplies, RAM and some peripherals
Intel for processors, chipsets and SSDs

And one website for reviews: [H]ard|OCP

it is much quieter than reference blower style coolers....as well as being much cooler due to the massive heatsink and direct contact heat pipes...its such a beast at 1920x1080 :)

those are my main reasons why :)

I play a lot of games, but I don't put a lot of stock in artificial benchmarks and whether I can squeeze 0.1% more fps out of a card. I care about having a solid, carefree gaming experience. That means not having to worry about stuttering frames, having my computer overheat and crash, having a component die on me when I need it for a new game release, or even just not having to deal with excess noise and heat in my bedroom. I feel like the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II can deal with all these concerns, and that's why this card excites me.

The fact that this card has a "top" series and that the chips are binned for overclocking ability is particularly interesting to me. While I'm not averse to overclocking a card myself, being able to use the card right out of the box at a very good overclock really adds to my peace of mind. I could get excellent performance without having to take any of the risks associated with overclocking. Beyond the binned chips, the capacitors located on the back of the card for the purpose of delivering sufficient power to the overclocked chip make me feel even better about the stability of the card.

On the topic of stability, I live in a very dry, dusty, cool climate. In general, I've found that to be beneficial to the stability and life of computer components, but it really does tend to wreak havoc on fans. On a cold day, the case fans in my old desktop sound like a loud truck passing by my window until they get warmed up. This is why the sealed, dust-proof fans really piqued my interest. Of course proper maintenance is still required, but never having to go outside my comfort zone to disassemble and clean fans, especially those embedded in a heatsink assembly like that on a graphics card, is a great feature. The ability of the highly-efficient heatsink with direct-contact heat pipes to keep temperatures down even under a high overclock is even better, particularly when it means the dual fans can spin slower, and quieter, as a result.

Another great feature for me is the Super Alloy Power capacitors. I tend to keep my components working hard long past the point of obsolescence, and a capacitor with twice the life span of the average is fantastic. My bedroom also tends to get hotter than the surface of the sun during the summer, so capacitors that are happy at higher temps is a fantastic feature. This goes double for the Super Alloy Power MOSFETs.

To sum up, I'm not a demanding person. All I want is a top-performing card that is also extremely reliable and runs super cool and quiet. Amazingly, the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II seems to deliver on all fronts. I want a card that I can just plug in and have it work without me ever having to worry or think about it until I actually want to get in there and fiddle around. But when I'm in the middle of a gaming session, I won't be thinking about a graphics card that's properly doing its job. The ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II would keep me fully immersed in the game.

I have read that the ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II would provide me with the capabilities to play with overclocking while staying cool (as it uses the same cooler as on their 670) and comes to me in a more affordable price point. This would allow me to purchase additional (if I won this one!) cards to play with them in an SLI configuration. As I like to push all my hardware to the limits (without destroying it) the apparent ease of overclocking these cards and maintaining stability gives one good reason to acquire these cards. Another good reason is that ASUS is always on the top of my list for quality computer components. This would not be the only ASUS product I have in my current system.

A balance between value and power. What us "old timers" (age 36) now see as incredibly important.

I could use one of these. It would be nice to have a graphics cards that over heats when the ambient temperature in the case gets above 27C. The dual fan design and heatsink should do marvelously.

I'd love to shove this ASUS into my system! I've been out of the gaming spot for a while because my hardware is showing it's age. I'm still running an HD 4850 and an Intel E8400 from a system build 4 years ago. This would be the perfect opportunity to over double my graphics horsepower and start off on a wicked new rig build :) It's time to "go green" boys!

Quite honestly, Asus' 660ti card would be a nice upgrade from my old GTX 295. It would give me DX11 capabilities and be considerably more power efficient than my old beast. I'm sure the electric company will mourn the loss of my consistently high bill associated with my gaming. The relatively quiet dual fan design would also be a nice fit for my aging P180 case, which I bought to help minimize the noise in my computing environment. In addition, the 2 GB of memory would help me easily run Skyrim with the high res texture pack, something that's pretty borderline with the 896 MB per processor that I currently have. So... yeah, I want an Asus GTX660 TI Direct CU II!

Going with for the power usage and it gives close to 670 fps levels. Sounds like a perfect match for me.

On the assumption that it is just some random number generator actually picking which post to give to.....

Blah, blah, blah, Same as everyone has already said. Only so many ways you can say something about a video card.

I'm aware that my chances of winning are low since this is my first post, but I figure I'll give it a shot anyway.

I could really use this card because I'm running a what.. 4, 5 year old Q8300 Core 2 Quad, with no dedicated graphics card. It'd be nice to just be able to play games on my PC at all. Winning the ASUS GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II and Maximus V Formula would at least get me half way up the upgrade path.

The GTX 660 Ti, being based off GK104, will allow me to actually play the most demanding titles, such as The Witcher 2, Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3. At maximum settings, too. The smaller, 192-bit memory bandwidth will be bottleneck as games get more demanding in the upcoming year or two though, but ASUS' Direct CU II cooler should allow me to get a cool, stable overclock that should make up the difference. And then there's PhysX, which you can't get on AMD's card, or my uhh, lack of any card.

Really, I'm hoping to win because I'm gaming on an XBOX 360, and it's really time for me to upgrade. Also, Guild Wars 2 comes out tomorrow, and it'd be nice to be able to run it.

-Amazing Asus quality
-Highly efficient and quiet DirectCU II cooling
-Extremely impressive performance in my games
-Modest power consumption
-PhysX

Reliability /quality from ASUS
DX 11
PhysX
I've heard this is one of the quietest new 660ti models
If i win one, i only have to buy 1 myself to set up SLI :D

Great performance upgrade with an architecture more focused on pixel fillrate than compute.

the DirecCU II will allows me to run complete passive if and only if the clock is turn down and no load, since this card will act as a cuda runtime card, it will be off most of time, but power comsumption is a priority for this application.

This thing is an overclocking god. Affordable + Power + Even more power = WIN!
Two slots of gaming DESTRUCTION.
With NVIDIA's new tech improving image quality/playability it just sweetens the deal.

I'd totally replace the 7850's in my overclocking machine.

i'd prefer staying with another directCU cooler since i have had no complaints with my 5850 DirectCU TOP.. On top of that, the speed of the video card is very impressive along with it's power efficiency.

really... when upgrading vid card.. i look at 4 things...

price > it's a giveaway
speed > a rather large speed upgrade from my 5850
noise > i never notice my current vid card's fan, so this would be even less.
heat > temps look amazing

Currently I am using a 8800GT for gaming. The ASUS GTX 660Ti would give me much better performance, better cooling, less noise, better power usage, and a much better gaming experience. DIGI+VRM and the custom cooling solution are 2 benefits this card offers.

Thanks for the chance,
Jason

Quite an upgrade from my waning 8800GTX with DX11 support, better processing power and greater cooling. This would be perfect for running Borderlands 2 and I'd revisit some of my favorite older titles just to see what they look like on the ASUS GTX660Ti.

Back