[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

DirectCU II sexy, quiet, efficient.
More work on the same power budget.
Black and red is beautiful!

This would provide a huge speed improvement for my galaxy interaction/collision calculations.

It would look really good plugged into my ASUS motherboard and displaying data on my ASUS monitor.

Currently, I have motherboard video, but can borrow my friend's 560Ti when he's not using it.

Good gameplay is about me interacting with the game. The new 660Ti should be able to improve my interaction capabilities by helping to make my presence in game environments more realistic. So when game objects change or move, it will seem smoother and more realistic due to faster and more accurate rendering, shadows, lighting, etc. The overall fluency and realism will be better. For example, I'd like to be able to turn up the quality settings in BF3, like turning on more AA. Also, once I get a new monitor with higher resolution, a 660Ti should handle higher resolutions better.

The feature I most look forward to in Asus' implementation is the cooler, because it's hot here, so good cooling is important. Asus has the DirectCU II cooler that puts the heatpipes in direct contact with the GPU. Asus claims this design gets 20% lower temperature, ya.

What I'm looking forward to is a more immersive experience that will let me experience more rewards as a player, and fewer punishments. When the various elements of gameplay perform with high realism, it provides me motivation to continue. That should result in superior task performance, and hopefully leads to ultimate triumph and game completion.

660 Ti has much better cooling and less noisy then my current GTX 580...plus 28nm is nice along with more VRAM...I want one!

The ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCU II video card contains many new features compared to my current gaming solution that would most definitely enhance my overall experience. First and foremost is the new Kepler based graphics processor that has proven to use less power and produce less heat than older architectures. ASUS's DirectCU line of cooling solutions have also proven time and time again to provide a most adequate cooling solution while maintaining near silent performance. The cooler also allows for significant overclocks that can be achieved by me personally, if using the lowest end SKU; or to save me time and get the best performance I can get a TOP model and ensure the best overall experience without compromise. ASUS's software suite along with the enhanced power circuitry will help with overclocking as well. The cards shorter PCB will also make finding a suitable case much easier as well. Knowing ASUS as a brand I can trust will make me feel assured that the card will be as stable as possible and that if something does go wrong their customer support will help.

Thanks ASUS and [H]ardOCP for having this competition and thanks for always being part of the community. That is what separates the enthusiast manufactures from the other guys, the ones that take their time to bring us personal support and entertainment. Good Luck everyone.

MOAR speed :p. More vram, That super alloy power technology sounds sexy also. I could give 3d gaming a try on my planar then too.

GTX 660 Ti = 28nm chip, which means it produces less heat than older architectures. More VRAM, overclocking can easily be done. The advantage of this particular GTX 660ti has Asus's DirectCUII heatsink, which offers more cooling and produce less heat.

The cooling system is what I like most about this card, they tend to OC really well and ASUS is a great brand.

one of the best cards from the best brand with some of the newest tech... you just cant go wrong with any of that.

This will be higher frame rates and all that goodness compared to my aging GTX 470.

I would love one of these cards for my Wife's computer. It wold be perfect for her as it would be quiet, cool, and more than fast enough.

Biggest feature is that is will blow my 4870 X2 away in every department; power. heat, ram, overclocking ability, etc.

The ASUS DirectCU GTX660ti would be an excellent card for me - a video game enthusiast. The 2gb of ram along with an excellent DirectCU cooling system allow for an epic gaming experience, while not using as much power or generating as much heat as other cards. The VRM's and awesome overclocking utilities would help me tweak the card to my heart's content and get the maximum value for my dollar.

ASUS is one of the few hardware manufacturers that has never really lowered their standards - they've always produced high quality items that were geared towards hardware enthusiasts and gamers.

I could use the DirectCU II to keep my card cooler, The fan noise from my current setup is distracting from the game.

DX 11 and quieter more efficient cooling are the two main features I'm interested in. With this card I could essentially upgrade THREE computers (mine, my wifes and my daughters) I havent owned an Asus card for a while, last one was a pair of EN7600GT. If by chance I was to be the grand prize winner, that would be a huge upgrade for me as I could step into the current generation of pc computing.

Good luck to everyone trying to win!

Last edited:
My current video card is a Radeon HD 4890 1GB. I have my PC hooked up to my desktop monitor (1920x1200) and my TV (1080p).

The ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II would greatly benefit my current setup in many ways. As an example - one of my recent favourite games (Batman Arkham City) would get the benefit of Adaptive V-Sync, PhysX and Tesselation effects (DirectX 11.1) - which I'm currently sorely missing out on.

With ASUS' version of this card, I'd get 20% more heat dissipation and well as noise reduction (vs a stock 660 Ti). It would be a huge improvement over my current video card, which runs pretty hot.

Also, with this video card's DirectCU II thermal solution and ASUS' GPU Tweak suite software I could overclock it and potentially have it running as fast as a stock GTX 670! :eek:

For the video resolutions that I'm running, this would be the perfect card for me. :D

With DirectCU II, DIGI+ VRM and GPU Tweak, Asus is giving me everything I need for gaming.

I do most of my gaming on my HTPC. Its hard to balance the power needed for gaming with the desire for a quiet and cool running HTPC. I need a card that can handle my 46 inch display and still give me the eye candy and smooth experience that I want. The problem is that most cards run too loud to put in a HTPC while passively cooled cards get too hot.

DirectCU II solves that problem. Its 20% cooler and quieter than reference. That makes a big difference for me. I can play the games I want without having to hear the noise of the GPU in the background. The custom cooling also allows for better overclocking potential.

Of course, that overclocking potential wouldn't be worth much if the card wasn't stable. Asus thought of that too with their DIGI+ VRM solution. This card just begs to be overclocked.

I can't wait to put one of these in and see what kind of overclock I can put on this card.

For me, there are two major measurements for a video card:
- Bang for your buck (cost per performance)
- Space and heat for your buck (size and heat per performance)

This card looks to be a perfect balance. Smaller than a massive 690, cooler running while still providing serious horsepower and at an affordable pricepoint.

As an entry level PC enthusiast , the ASUS GTX 660Ti DirectCU II was my first pick for my new mid range PC rig i am building soon. I am upgrading from a 460gtx. If i can win one i would love to try my first SLI setup! The DirectCU II series always delivers great Cooling and overclocking performance , the all Copper pipes and the Twin fan setup are key in delivering this awesomeness!

Good luck all!

I think they will benefit me by getting rid of these buggy xfire 6950's plus I can finally go to the green team :D

The custom designed cooler on the ASUS GeFore 660Ti DirectCU II is the feature that I will benefit for my gaming experience.

The DirectCU II Cooler lets this card run quiet and cool, just the way I like it!

Asus brand means quality and performance. I have always had Asus products in my systems and currently do now.

GPU boost and adaptive v sync are just icing on the cake!

This would benefit my gaming experience because it would allow me to turn up graphics settings up from the minimum. I haven't had a decent hardware upgrade in almost 5 years.

I am currently running a 9800 gt, the upgrade would be phenomenal. I could actually play games without my system stuttering and enjoy them a hell of a lot more.

I'm totally in on this, I'd love a new mobo and GPU.
I've been using Asus Motherboards religiously for about 10 years now and as much as I love these amazing new cooling solutions on both their motherboards and video cards for me it's still all about the speed and dependability I get with Asus products.

Last edited:
DirectCU helps to keep me from losing components to heat and provides better gameplay experience due to lower noise. DX11 is a step up from my current generation of hardware, and PhysX is always a welcome enhancement to the gaming experience (currently running an AMD card). And I've always had good support and high performance from Asus products, so that's a plus.

I would think it to be faster than my gtx580 and the powerdraw and heat being ALOT less would help out my system.

I've been keeping an eye on the DirectCU boards because they are always make for a quiet power experience (quiet being key for me) on the cards they get put on. As for me now having a video card would actually allow me to be able to afford a gaming rig. I miss my games and using a laptop sucks! Please help me build a rig again!

Back