[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

-Has sleek copper heat pipes for keeping my Card cool while gaming for long periods of time
-Dual fan design for better cooling
-Black and Red design to make my build a eye catcher when i'm at a lan party

With the GTX 660 TI from NVIDIA, for 299$ its quite the game changer

Everything about it is an improvement over my aging, dual GTX 295 system. It'll complement my P6T Deluxe OC Palm, assuming I don't win the grand prize, much better than my power hungry MSI heaters. Big draws are the GDDR 5 speed/bandwidth, DirectX 11 support and extra system stability from the decrease in power draw and increase in air flow I'll realize from switching to a modern, single card solution. Good luck, everyone!

It will get me out of ATI ( the worst drivers in the world! ) I really want to switch to Nvidia, I used to have it and can't wait to get out of ATI to fix the worst decisions I've ever made going to them.

It would fit perfectly into the new rig I'm building. For me, it would be the first time I'd have access to PhysiX on a card that could actually handle it, and Borderlands 2 is the next game in my sights.

Because I tend to operate on a very long upgrade cycle, the DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power for increased durability has some appeal. I've had more than one card die before my rig was ready to be replaced in the past.

i have all asus stuff except the video card and my video card is only 1 gig so this video card would definitely make my computer more complete and more powerful gaming machine. a few things i liked are the super alloy power witch give the video card a better life span. Also the Dust proof Fan Technology. i hate having to clean my fans out all the time.

This card is perfect for my late night gaming sessions. Card stays cool while the matches heat up.

A 660 TI would definitely help me with my school work. As a CIS and Network Management Major I could use it for network assessments I need to do for class; a lot of those exploits take a lot of muscle, especially if they include cracking hashes. As a bonus on the side I'd be able to use it for gaming, too!

Without a doubt the DirectCU cooling system. It should be able to keep the card cool while gaming or folding. My old Asus 8800GT folded 24/7 for over 3 yrs.

I just built my first machine not too long ago and I fell in love with the art. My budget wasn't huge so I wasn't able to do everything I wanted but a 3 monitor surround has become a dream of mine. This card would change my entire gaming experience! I know ASUS is the best and would be proud to have this card dwelling in my rig.

Great card with great features. Best bang for the buck out there! Lots of power without breaking the bank.

I wont say much (coz Im not that pro), the new kepler machine is unarguably a great invention by NVIDIA. Beefed up by ASUS, the direct cooler and two fans will certainly increase the gaming experience without any heating problem when overclocking is 'wanted'. Still gaming experience will be different for different person so I cant tell much until I got my hand on it :). I am not a hardcore gamer, but having one of this beast for free would be a great graduation present for me Ha3 :).

Runs cool and efficient but once it breaks. Good luck getting replacement.

With DIGI+ VRM, DirectCU thermal design, and GPU Tweak utility should produce a nice overclock.

I've seen ASUS DC2s first hand so I can vouch for their quality. And while It's not something I need, my little brother (a poor broke college student) could use an upgrade from his HD 6850. Especially since he has recently converted over from console kiddie to PC gamer.

dx11 and all the newest tech that goes along with this card will justify spending money on new games again!! Lets roll the dice and see if I get lucky :p

I believe it would really help out in World of Warcraft!!! :)
My current card is good but I could definitely use MORE POWER

I'd love to get my hands on some cutting edge equipment. I steadily stay a couple of generations behind cutting edge. I water cool and overclock the heck out of my equipment to play current generation games. Getting a hardcore gaming 660 TI AND to have it coupled with a ASUS ROG Mobo would propel me into the leading edge of gaming. Getting a headstart like this on a new system would allow me to go allll out on the rest of the equipement. A new case, I7 and all of the other goodies! OHHHH I can see it now!

• DirectCUII enables a quiet and cool yet smoking hot screaming game machine (20% cooler than the reference design).
  • DIGI+ VRM provides stable, reliable power to the card's innovative 660 Ti GPU and ample 2GB of VRAM.
  • GPU Tweak software empowers the [H] with real time monitoring data and the ability to dial in their own volts and clocks.

The 660ti would improve my gaming astronomically! I've been using the same low end dell desktop with a 2.4ghz celeron and 500mb of ram for all of my computing needs since 2003! I can barely check emails with it let alone play games which is why I really need a new pc with the 660ti at the heart of it! My favourite thing about the ASUS 660 ti is that it has all of the great features of a high end enthusiast card such as Direct CU cooling which will keep it nice and cool during those intense gaming sessions, DX11 support and the gorgeous physX but it manages to still somehow hit that sweet spot price range! All of those features would completely change my gaming and computing experience completely and it would be an honour to have this card in the center of of my dream build.

Last edited:
I just built this fresh Asus Maximus Gene V i5 3750 beast and the gtx480 space heater I'm using could use an upgrade! I bet those direct contact copper pipes will keeps this monster cool, and the TXAA Antialiasing, Adaptive Vertical Sync should make GW2 run like a dream.

See y'all in Tyria!
Dave

I like the cooler which allows the card to remain cooler for longer and the ability to overclock and over volt.

The power of this awesome card will permit me to improve the fluidity of my games. With the added silence.

Sorry about my bad english...

The feature i like the most is the cooling system. Its not only very effective at keeping the gpu cool after hours of gaming but it looks sexy as heck. The curves of the heat pipes, the shiny chrome on them, the dual fans with the heatsink showing below and the shroud with the curves, lines and colors. Combined it just looks like it will be a monster of a card that can perform to any task. Love it.

with NVsurround on one card, and plenty of ram plus better cooling. The card is amazing and would power my games on my pc just fine :)

Everything will benefit my gaming experience, seeing as I'm using a crappy HD4850. And I want to learn about these cards; using one first-hand would be the best way to do that.

The 660 ti would be a nice upgrade from my current card...

Here are the features of the card that will benefit me:
So the specs of the 660 ti are almost similar to the 670. It has the same number of Cuda cores as the 670 and around 1000 more Cuda cores than the 560 ti. The 660 Ti is power efficient. it has 2Gb of GDDR5 memory on a 192 bit memory bandwidth. It's core base clock speed is 915MHz. This specific 660 Ti card uses the ASUS Direct CU II fan heat sink to cool the card. It has a back plate and retention bracket to keep the card from bending and snapping one day. The card is also cheap considering it's specs, but is still out of my price point...

This card would be a nice upgrade... Getting ready for Guild Wars 2 and I'd like to enjoy every aspect of the game at it's highest settings while keeping an FPS above 60. Hope I have the chance of winning in this give away!

Oh Asus, how do I love thee... Let me count the ways...Quiet, Cool and Quick...That makes 3...

I have the GTX560 Ti, but when especially folding the fans really crank up the nosie level, but with the five copper pipes and fans that the 660 has, should be quiet and cool.

Greetings Kyle and ASUS Council of Elders!

This comment channels the spirit of "JJ" when I say the GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II graphics card is "Dyno-mite!". What? Thats the wrong "JJ"? My bad.

In terms of the "JJ" in question, I'll go ahead and exclaim that the GeForce GTX 660 Ti DirectCU II graphics cards is skewed in the awesome direction in terms of its performance in games as well as in terms of its cooling nature and power consumptive efficiency or "PCE" :)

Last edited:
As with all of ASUS's Direct CU II cards there is excellent cooling and sound dampening technology. Since this card utilizes the Kepler architecture it is expected to be efficient in terms of power needs, but I like that it is 15% more efficient thanks to the DIGI+VRM. I also like addition of GPU Tweak because I don't have to worry about updating drivers myself. And after seeing the benchmarks I know this card is more than capable of handling any game that I would throw at it. Plus I do like the aesthetics of this card.

this contest will help me to upgrade my ASUS TUA266 and nvidia fx5200 running on DSL ( Dam Small Linux ) my biostar TA990FXE died last week main feature i like is SP over 1k then my Biostar was using XFX 9800GTX 512mb SP 128 @ DX 10 and be able to run strong games again even stronger

All you have to do is post in this thread ONCE (Please do not post more than once.) and tell us what features the new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II has that will benefit your gaming and hardware enthusiast experience.

It's better than my 9800 GT. ;)

This card has so many features that could take my gaming to the next level. The card features a bad ass memory bandwidth (192 bit) backed up by a large bank of onboard memory (2048 mb) that can wreak 192 gb/ of havoc on my dated system. The engine (gpu) that drives this card runs at a blazing 1059 mhz which is capable of even more tweakage when I use the software that ASUS bags in this baby. When I take this card to its screaming limits (and I'm not sure it has any), I know that the heat firing off the hardware will evaporate like my stress when I shoot baddies, courtesy of the Direct CU 2 dual fan cooling system. Even if i don't meet the standards of those who might choose to bestow such a beastly machine upon me, I am saving up as of now to buy this supremely well priced videocard. Only months of painstaking savings or a mere choice of Gods keep me from tasting a gaming experience unlike anyother.

The high computer/power ratio is a big plus, PhysX in games (Borderlands 2 is looking good) and CUDA for HPC development. I haven't bought an AMD/ATI card in years.

Unfortunately, the cost of living and being a college student has made it difficult to upgrade in years. Thus, I always look for cards with great overclocking ability to squeeze a little more time out of the card before I start to feel their age. I know the custom PCB layout, those Super Alloy chokes and massive Direct CU heatsink will provide that and can't be beaten. (Well, except by the MARS II maybe :D) I've noticed the Direct CU cooler is improved with every generation. It's just awesome.

Words cannot express how badly I want to put a badass card like this to thousands of hours of gaming.

The 660 ti should be powerful enough to run my 3 1080p monitors at medium-high settings. Not to mention it is an ASUS product which I have been loyal to for the past few years. My first ASUS purchase was a 790x AM3 board. I've also purchased a G73JH when they first launched 2.5 years ago. More recently I purchased an ASUS Z68 PRO board but I think it is time for another mobo and GPU upgrade! Not to mention my name is also Kyle :p

Back