• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

[H]ardfolding.com: user requirements

ChristianVirtual

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
2,561
Ok folks, while the HR process goes on here:

Let's put our brains (and if still exists your memories) together and collect:

What are your requirements, needs, wishes, desires, hopes for a revitalized hardfolding.com.

Once we have some items we can make a poll and priotize them; after we could see what's left on the infrastructure planning and ... A Roadmap (punch intended, I'm a bad person) can be made.

To start with:
- badges
- own signatures images
- community statistics (something I'm working on it already for my main hobby; but can be shared and adjusted); comparing points made with what hardware.
- [H]ard Stats (team-focused on members level on 33 and across teams on cumulated); or full blown stats system
- if possible combine folding and BOINC stats
 
Last edited:
I would like to see a challenge section where we could host our own both internal and external. Folding seems to be lacking in the challenges market whereas with BOINC we have:
a: Teams hosting challenges - some are very well hosted
b: Projects hosting challenges - some are and some aren't
c: BOINCStats.com challenges - any team founder (by BS's identification) can set one up and is so so

I would prefer it to be voluntary registration rather than just auto adding every team. I would also encourage having a "trophy" badge that they could use in their signatures if they come in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Kinda like how we have a formula-boinc badge from 2014.
TrophyFB_2014_L2_1.jpg


I would also like a section pointing back to our Guides section here in the forums too. The guides are a helpful resource but many don't read them and just come directly to the DC forums and post the question.

Do you just want Folding and BOINC stats or do you also want to include the other DC projects we have presence in? Not sure how much of a pain it would be but the stats are reported at Free-DC now indicating it can be done.

If it is possible and feasable, perhaps a personal goal page where people can update what their individual DC goal currently is. Whether it be a total point goal, a RAC, a team position, a global position, etc... That way people have a way of showing their struggle and accomplishment. It also is a way for people to guarantee a challenge for them. ;)
 
Last edited:
It would be useful to see what the old site gave us, it would help jog our memories. Is the site able to be brought online with the old data just so we can have a look? I used it a lot back when it worked OK but its been a few beers since then.

Oh, I do think it needs to be a full blown stats system.
 
I'll second what Nathan_P said. I remember once upon a time when hardfolding used to work. There was a lot of good stuff with the old site such as the news updates. Good luck.
 
It would be useful to see what the old site gave us, it would help jog our memories. Is the site able to be brought online with the old data just so we can have a look? I used it a lot back when it worked OK but its been a few beers since then.

Oh, I do think it needs to be a full blown stats system.

The Internet Archive has your back. This is just a randomly selected snapshot in time. They have plenty more.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080219124401/http://www.hardfolding.com/?
 
That wayback machine....... wow....

I was 158 in the team, and had just over a half million points, low PPD looks like it was shot while I was deployed though. IIRC, the milestone column had color coded [H]'s for milestones along the way. I could not get to the page of my individual stats though, just the member list.
 
holy flashback batman lol, that was before I switched over to 33, man, 2007? why does that feel like forever ago :( thats a bad sign lol
 
Back
Top