[H]ard on the eyes...

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
I just rescently noticed that this forum hurts my eyes after a while...

I can be on my computer for hours and hours and do anything, but when I am on this forum for say 30 minutes I get a headache...

I think it has something to do with the grey topic titles and the black spaces in between them.

pics6kx.jpg

The monitor is a 15" NEC and my other computer has a 17" samtron with some odd settings i don't know i don't feel like walking over to it.

try and bring that refresh up to 75, or to 85 if possible. I notice a difference between 85 and 75, but not as much as the difference between 60 and 75.

?
60Hz refresh doesn't cause eye strain with LCDs. LCDs don't flicker. The backlight might depending on the type, but the refresh rate doesn't affect that. That's just how fast the display changes. It'll affect your framerate in games if your system can pump out >60fps, but that's it.
Refresh could explain the issue with just Samtron, but it sounds like [H] bothers you on the LCD too.
You could try adjusting brightness & contrast (probably max contrast and lower brightness) to see if that helps.

I've been using 60hz for roughly 6 years now, and I meant the background behind the titles are grey with black lines between.

Like I said, this is the only place on the interweb that bothers my eyes.

Borgschulze said:
Like I said, this is the only place on the interweb that bothers my eyes.
If you can figure out exactly what it is that's causing you trouble visually, it shouldn't be hard to correct with some simple user CSS.

HorsePunchKid said:
If you can figure out exactly what it is that's causing you trouble visually, it shouldn't be hard to correct with some simple user CSS.
I don't see how that helps just this website....

Back