[H]ard|Mowed Over Club..

I've been mowed over about 4x in the past week, with more coming fast. I think its best for me to just stay down at this point :p

Well, we're all going to be in this club soon with the ROC rocket that just launched. :eek:

Hey, do we get "green stamps" for a life time membership in the "mowed over" club :confused: I'm gonna' get mighty used to tire tracks with dynamite "heavy duty" folders like ROC :rolleyes:

Believe me, I ain't complainin' a bit, even my humble pernts help in finding a cure for some !@#$% diseases (notice the PC :p)

Thanks everybody for folding :D

FOLD ON!

Hey, do we get "green stamps" for a life time membership in the "mowed over" club :confused: I'm gonna' get mighty used to tire tracks with dynamite "heavy duty" folders like ROC :rolleyes:

hehe.. not a bad idea. Instead of S&H Green Stamps, they'll be [H}MO Red Stamps. Although I'm not sure I want to think of myself as having high mileage from being mowed so much... ;)

Well, I've been doing alot of mowing the last month, but I'm fixing to get paid back in spades. The only client I will be running for the next 3 weeks or so is a single GPU on my laptop running about 12 hrs a day for around 1000PPD. Everything else, as of 5pm yesterday, is shut down and boxed up for the move..

This sucks...

Ah temporary things like that are but speed bumps in the long term effort I hope everyone puts forth!

Ah temporary things like that are but speed bumps in the long term effort I hope everyone puts forth!

Yeh but in the short term he will be a speed bump for everyone he just passed :p

With everyone in my rear view mirror, AssM@N has already shown up in my 5. :eek:

With everyone in my rear view mirror, AssM@N has already shown up in my 5. :eek:

Do you want me to get the hospital bed for you now or after?

I'll need it a couple weeks after so you have to get better quick :p

Do you want me to get the hospital bed for you now or after?

I'll need it a couple weeks after so you have to get better quick :p

I've been mowed down so many times over the years that I've developed a good immunity. The only thing that'll be hurt will be my feelings. :D

How is it....

The more I fold, the more I get mowed down? Sumunagun, ROC went past me so fast, changing pages for stats allowed him to jump to yet another page.... WOW!

Granted my daily PPD is less than Sunin, ROC, Kendrak, Xili's and a few others, hourly PPD, but the more I climb, the more I get mowed over.

Is my electricity spinning backwards or something?

Is my electricity spinning backwards or something?

No, we have just had an influx of some very [H]ard members as of late.

You should look at everyone that you are mowing over, and take joy in that :p

I am!
I was!
I'm dizzy from ducking the mad mowers....
I've been mowed over so much I'm going bald...lol.

The [H]ode has some really [H]ardcore folders.

Fold on! Thanks one and all.

Yea, I know Kendrak is drinking a beer tonight celebrating his boot on my neck :p
Congratulations on your retake of the lead in our match up. It may be a while before I can scrounge up the points to overtake you again. I am not surrendering...just regrouping.

Yea, I know Kendrak is drinking a beer tonight celebrating his boot on my neck :p
Congratulations on your retake of the lead in our match up. It may be a while before I can scrounge up the points to overtake you again. I am not surrendering...just regrouping.

Pssst... Hey HighYield, Maybe you can sweet talk ROC or Sunin into "donating" a couple of hours of folding to really spaz out Kendrak....

Now THAT would be funny...

Pssst... Hey HighYield, Maybe you can sweet talk ROC or Sunin into "donating" a couple of hours of folding to really spaz out Kendrak....

Now THAT would be funny...

That's the best idea I have heard in a while. It wouldn't take but a couple of hours of folding time to put the K vs HY match up in a tizzy. :cool:

On a completely unrelated matter....has anyone heard from Digital_Exhaust. I haven't seen him post in a long time and was wondering if he was ok. The place isn't the same without him :(

That's the best idea I have heard in a while. It wouldn't take but a couple of hours of folding time to put the K vs HY match up in a tizzy. :cool:

On a completely unrelated matter....has anyone heard from Digital_Exhaust. I haven't seen him post in a long time and was wondering if he was ok. The place isn't the same without him :(

He is having some internetz problems, and working crazy hours.

I wish here where here, I'm hungry and could use a beer :(

Hey Digital Exhaust --- I could use a beer and a tamale!

He is having some internetz problems, and working crazy hours.

I wish here where here, I'm hungry and could use a beer :(

I just haven't been able to keep the bar stocked myself with all the new members here lately (thanks Sunin and ROC for that). :D

Its a shame he wasn't here to enjoy finally catching me, even if it was for only a few updates.

/me pats his trusty Nvidia/Briggs&Stratton I only have 2 machines with one Nvidia 8800GT. I'm getting mowed, but my bag is by no means empty!

08-08 109,892 241
07-08 79,677 227
06-08 8,306 21
05-08 6,611 20
04-08 8,577 40

holy moly! thats a point jump!

Yeah, I was gaining ground until the GPU2 client was released for nvidia, now I'm getting pwned! An Athlon 64 3200+ and an Athlon XP 2100+ just can't compete anymore... At least I'm getting more points for some of the newer Amber WU, but I'm still bleeding profusely!

I keep reminding myself that my two CPU's are computing the complex proteins that those lousy GPU's can't touch!! ::Queues up MC Hammer:: So why do we CPU folders get lousy points for computing those complex proteins?

Yeah, I was gaining ground until the GPU2 client was released for nvidia, now I'm getting pwned! An Athlon 64 3200+ and an Athlon XP 2100+ just can't compete anymore... At least I'm getting more points for some of the newer Amber WU, but I'm still bleeding profusely!

I keep reminding myself that my two CPU's are computing the complex proteins that those lousy GPU's can't touch!! ::Queues up MC Hammer:: So why do we CPU folders get lousy points for computing those complex proteins?

That my friend is the million dollar question. We would hope that there will be a points readjustment soon as there is supposed to be some good value in the uniprocessor client's work. Let's see what happens.

Do you have a PCIe slot and 80 bucks?

Hi Steve: In about 48 hours, you're going to be mowed over.....Regards Pooch666 (Gary):D

9/25 Gotcha! :D

So I finally got around to setting up SMP on my Q9450 and E7200. With those, added to my GTX 260 and with my dedicated folding machine (E8400 + 8800GS) coming online by (hopefully) the end of the week, I hope to be doing some serious moving.

Next step - upgrade the dinky processor on my WHS box to something worth more than 15 PPD.

After I switched from the SMP client to the GPU client, looks like I can do some mowing of my own :D. (as opposed to being the mowee constantly :mad:)

I recently moved to just notfred's and the A2 core cores have bumped by PpD by ~2500 on my Q6600 and by ~800 on my lappy. My GTX is still chugging along. I just submitted a consulting estimate to a new client this morning. If I get the go ahead and the deposit is received, I'll be bringing 4 9800GX2's, 2 GTX280's plus 3 Q6600 online. Once the work is completed and am paid, I will bring an additional 4 9800GX2's + 2 more Q6600's online.

I've still got the stripes from the very recent repetitive mowing I've received over the last 3 months or so (since GPU2 has been out). I'm getting ready to return the favor :p

... I'll be bringing 4 9800GX2's, 2 GTX280's plus 3 Q6600 online. Once the work is completed and am paid, I will bring an additional 4 9800GX2's + 2 more Q6600's online.

Damn, that's a lot of firepower. All the best for your consulting pitch :)

Hi Steve: In about 48 hours, you're going to be mowed over.....Regards Pooch666 (Gary):D

So I finally got around to setting up SMP on my Q9450 and E7200. With those, added to my GTX 260 and with my dedicated folding machine (E8400 + 8800GS) coming online by (hopefully) the end of the week, I hope to be doing some serious moving.

Next step - upgrade the dinky processor on my WHS box to something worth more than 15 PPD.

I recently moved to just notfred's and the A2 core cores have bumped by PpD by ~2500 on my Q6600 and by ~800 on my lappy. My GTX is still chugging along. I just submitted a consulting estimate to a new client this morning. If I get the go ahead and the deposit is received, I'll be bringing 4 9800GX2's, 2 GTX280's plus 3 Q6600 online. Once the work is completed and am paid, I will bring an additional 4 9800GX2's + 2 more Q6600's online.

I've still got the stripes from the very recent repetitive mowing I've received over the last 3 months or so (since GPU2 has been out). I'm getting ready to return the favor :p

You guys don't belong here. GET OUT! :D

Are you still taking new members for the mowed over club? When I started folding, I borg-ed all of the PCs of my immediate family to get some serious points. Alas, the GPU1 client came out not long after.

We need another 30k+ folder to start from the bottom, to re-mow everyone that has gotten cozy in their current ppd.

We need another 30k+ folder to start from the bottom, to re-mow everyone that has gotten cozy in their current ppd.

After all the skid marks I've had since the GPU2 client... what's a few more? I can still see some color of my shirt in between the tread marks. :D

Back