[H]ard guild in AoC?

Would like to know this as well.

However ......we don't even know what the servers names are yet. Won't find out till the 17th.

PVP all the way for me at least.

count me in

I'll wait till a server name is picked before creating a character.

sticky?

I'll be on a west coast pvp server. With character names of zoo_____. But due to travel wont be online until after the 24th or 25th.

Chalk me up for a [H] guild membership. I'll play PvP, PvE, PvTits, anything.

I'm in to I'm grabbing my reorder today. My advise would be to choose a mid server because there are some (like me) that will be in NY.

I'm a big noobie to the forums but deffinately interested. Minnesota here, and PVP all the way.

I'd be interested, West Coast here. Probably gotta close some of my 6 EVE accounts to play this :p.

midwest, will be looking for a PvE guild. PM me with more info if this happens. have lots of raiding experience, blehblehbleh.

I'm looking for an EST PvE guild myself. I'm gonna play on PvP eventually but not for a while. Besides, the PvE servers do have some PvP (just not FFA).

Early Access Server list is up. More to come at launch after seeing how server loads go during EA.
http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp...w&template=content&func_id=2474&table=CONTENT

Apparently all US servers are in New Jersey. No timezone info available. So players are still left wondering which server to pick. Funcom isn't making this easy :p

The gates to Age of Conan open in just a few days from now and legions of adventurers can hardly wait to set foot on Hyborian soil. Many want to chose their future home (also known as ‘Server’) beforehand and we know the list below has been eagerly awaited.

Since we know how important those server names are we ran several polls on all our community forums to find out which names each territory prefers the most. We then distributed those names among the different territories/languages.

These servers are the ones that will be available on 17th of May when the Early Access play starts. The servers are scaled to modern industry standards, and will hopefully serve as your home for years to come! During Early Access we will closely monitor the number of players on each server to find out which types are the popular ones. Additional servers will then be made available for launch.

So, without further ado: here are the servers for the Early Access starting 17th of May:

US Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Set
• Dagoth
• Zug
• Omm
• Derketo
• Thog
• Wiccana
• Gwahlur (recommended Oceanic)
• Anu

PvP Servers
• Tyranny
• Bane
• Deathwisper
• Bloodspire (recommended Oceanic)
• Doomsayer

RP-PvP Server
• Cimmeria

European English Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Crom
• Dagon
• Ymir
• Bori
• Astoreth

PvP Servers
• Fury
• Wildsoul

RP-PvP Server
• Aquilonia

French Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Server
• Ishtar

PvP Server
• Ferox

RP-PvP Server
• Stygia

German Servers (Early Access 17th of May)

PvE Servers
• Mitra
• Asura

PvP Server
• Aries

RP-PvP Server
• Asgard

Spanish Server (Early Access 17th of May)

• Zingara (PvE)

I'm in for a PVP server. Started the download last night.

Are there two different sides such as Alliance and Horde? Or is it FFA against every other guild?

I'd be interested, West Coast here. Probably gotta close some of my 6 EVE accounts to play this :p.
X what's your Eve name?

Maybe the RP-PVP server Cimmeria maybe the best place to go? Not for RP, as I don't care about that personally, but maybe to avoid all the immaturity. I found the regular PvP servers in WoW filled with kids back when I was playing.

Anyone find anything that actually explains the rule-sets for the different servers?

I'm honestly intrigued by the RP-PVP server.. it might seem lame.. but one thing I have always liked about RP servers is usually tighter name restrictions so people are not running around with names like.. YourMomWasGood. For some reason, things like that really bug me.

Also, are the PVP servers going to be FFA like in Open Beta?

I didn't do much pvp in the open beta because I was lagging so bad.. but getting ganked while zone loading... only to be ganked again right after leaving the rez area.. not too much fun.

However, with a decent PC, things might be better as I may actually be able to react.. rather than just stand there and die as my computer stalls trying to render the person who is attacking me

I got this from

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=97725&highlight=server+type&page=2

Post #40. I could not find the dev post where it came from so I can't validate its truth. Sounds authentic though.

From front page of site.

Friday Update: Preliminary Roleplaying Server Rules
Posted: - 02.05.2008

These are the rules we are considering for the Roleplaying-tagged servers for Age of Conan.

We are extremely interested in the feedback of our hardcore roleplayers on this issue and hope you will let us know your thoughts in this thread. Please note nothing is final. We’re planning a meeting to talk out some of the issues we’re already seeing, so now is the perfect time to give us your input.

Preliminary Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Roleplaying Server Rules

All names must fit within the universe of Hyboria. Sephiroths or Pikachus or names that are out of place with the setting are not permitted. This is in addition to our usual naming policy (for example, no copyrighted names).

No names (or obviously similar names) may be those used in the works of Robert E. Howard. Conan, Kohnan, Konan, Kohnan are all examples of names that are forbidden under this policy.

Please avoid Out of Character (OOC) chat as much as possible in the public channels. You are welcome to discuss whatever you like in your guild channels or in private messages. Examples of Out of Character chat include sports events, the weather, what you had for lunch, internet memes, catchphrases, and so on.

Please respect roleplayers. We recognize that not everyone is willing or able to maintain a persona at all times, and we welcome you to enjoy the atmosphere. However, please do not insult or harass the people in character, call them silly, or otherwise try to ruin their immersion.

Harassment and other behaviors covered in the rules of conduct are still covered on roleplaying servers. “I’m just roleplaying a homicidal maniac” is not an excuse for harassing, griefing, etc., other players. This extends to racism/nationalism as well. Roleplaying someone that hates Stygians/Aquilonians/Cimmerians is perfectly alright, however, real world racism is not acceptable.

Player-run events, guild meetings, and other roleplaying sessions may be present at anytime. Please do not interfere or harass players that are in character or running an event. We encourage you to join in and have a good time, but disrupting a wedding, guild meeting, etc. for non-roleplaying reasons may be cause for punishment.

Please keep in mind this is a mature setting for an M-rated game and the roleplay setting and environment may not be suitable for all players and temperaments. Likewise, while this is an M-rated game, please keep in mind that even in Hyboria, there are standards of conduct. Please keep overt and detailed adult conduct and chat in private channels.

In addition to the official rules provided by Funcom, the roleplaying community may have its own rules and customs. We encourage you to observe these as much as possible on your server of choice.

Player-run events, guild meetings, and other roleplaying sessions may be present at anytime. Please do not interfere or harass players that are in character or running an event. We encourage you to join in and have a good time, but disrupting a wedding, guild meeting, etc. for non-roleplaying reasons may be cause for punishment.

I hope this doesn't mean people can't try to ruin a wedding by turning it into a bloodbath.

I'd be interested if I could decide which type of server to play on. I've always played pvp in the past but from what I've read, it may impossible to live long enough to do anything solo on a pvp server.

You shouldn't have to worry about getting ganked while solo mtt83, in my experience from Beta.. not all, but the majority of the solo content is instanced... so you can do what needs to be done in peace. :cool:

New pvp ruleset. Those who planned to play on Bane or Twilight, may have to reconsider.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=4 (of course, the offical forums are all currently borked, can't register even if you do it from your AoC account page, but it should be legit)
http://conanvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=41364
As part of celebrating the release of Age of Conan we are happy to unravel a brand new PvP ruleset that has not previously been disclosed: The Culture PvP ruleset! Note that this new PvP server type is experimental and players on these servers must expect an ongoing change to the ruleset.

The goal of this PvP server-type is to stimulate war behind the three cultures of Cimmeria, Aquilonia and Stygia. As a player on a Culture PvP server, you are shielded from lone travelers of your own culture, however you may still group with any culture and form a group and attack anyone.

The Culture PvP ruleset is an evolving ruleset that will be tweaked and polished based on player-feedback in the months to come. Although it is, at least currently, possible to make guilds across cultures, pure culture groups and guilds will be endorsed on this server, and as such players on the Culture PvP servers must prepare that the future will hold continued changes to the ruleset.

We have changed to ruleset on two servers that were previously flagged as full PvP. The homes for the Culture PvP servers are:

Bane (US)
Twilight (EU)

With best regards,

Funcom

I'm interested too! :eek:

Bear Shaman :D

Just got to know what server it is and as long its not a RP server. :D

Hmmm Culture PvP. Thats different. Leans a little more to a RvR type of thing sounds like. Not true RvR but a taste of it maybe.

Im going to play some AoC to tie me down until warhammer comes out.

Im thinking im going to make a Ranger

Playing on Bane today PVP rules are cool......racial.

Cimmarians are grouping with cimmarians and coming to each others aid on white sands isle.
Kind of like a group without all the LFG text.

I think it fits in well with the conan lore and all.

Hmmm Culture PvP. Thats different. Leans a little more to a RvR type of thing sounds like. Not true RvR but a taste of it maybe.

Sounds to me like Alliance vs. Horde, accept Horde and Alliance can group and be guildmates together.

I would love to check out this game, but I am not sure I want to pay $50 to try it out. if you all get trial codes for friends can someone send me one.
i am a long time WoW player as well as having played alot of the others in beta. But I wasn't able to get into beta on this one. didn't know it was even going on and found out today the game comes out tomorrow.

My guild was going to roll Bane, but after the change to culture PvP, we have switched to Deathwhisper. I don't like the race idea, and it is too unpredictable as to what they will do to the ruleset in the future. They have mentioned only allowing one race per guild in the future.

Deathwhisper has been fun so far......

I'm on deathwhisper aswell. Hit me up with your an invite to your guild if you don't mind I've been looking for a good one.

I'm in for a PVP server. Started the download last night.

Are there two different sides such as Alliance and Horde? Or is it FFA against every other guild?

X what's your Eve name?

Jyn Hikaru is my main, will prob be named same in AoC

Back