[H]ard|Folding Overall Member Tracking (Bug Report Thread)

King_N

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2007
A new section was added to the F@H stats a few days ago, please use this thread to report any bugs associated with that section.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

This is just 1 of the pages, an entire section has been built around that page.

Lurker Extraordinaire

New function: Viewing team/member mark.

This function highlights the columns of the viewing team/member, in effect this change should make it easier to locate your info.

Areas changed:

Overall Members: Attack/Threats List
Overall Teams: Attack/Threats List
Team Members: Attack/Threats List

Please post any bugs you run across while using this new function here.

Lurker Extraordinaire

New Section: Overall Project info.

This section contains information for the entire project, it will give you a glimpse at how well the project is doing on an overall scale.

New function: Overall Project Contribution Percentages.

Shows Team / Member overall contribution percentage vs the total project.

Lurker Extraordinaire

New Function: Points / Work Unit per hour average

These changes affect;

1] Overall Project Page
2] Overall Member Stat Page
3] Team Stat Page
4] Team Member Page

As usual please post any bugs you find while using this fuction.

Lurker Extraordinaire

the one thing i find wrong is that it says

" Folding@Home: Member Stats"

That is kind of confusing to me. It should say something like Overall member stats or something. When I first looked at it and saw I was on page three it freak me out. Thinking i had dropped from 48 on the team to 580. Maybe I am just slow

Nice catch, thank you.

Fixed.

Lurker Extraordinaire

another thing maybe you should put a link on the overall stats page (http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=1041&id=436&tpn=1) that links to your team stats and vise versa. Make it say "overall rank" and "team rank" so whichever page you are looking at you can go back and forth. Like maybe cut the project rank and active columns a tad shorter an add a button right there. someplace where I can find it.

Are you talking about a link between overall and team member stats?

Lurker Extraordinaire

Are you talking about a link between overall and team member stats?

Lurker Extraordinaire

Yes I get confused about it... I guess I am slower then most these days

Badges are broken. I'll try posting mine right now because i haven't tried that, but on the member pages, the badge is gone and when you click a color to create a new one, it brings you to the new page, but with no badge.

The [H] server was upgraded yesterday, a few things are still broken, I'm in contact with the server admin and hopefully all the problems will be remedied soon.

It seems that several of the functions are missing, I will fix everything once I am able.

Have the stats been running 12 hours behind? It says they haven't upgraded since 4pm sunday on my stats.

The [H] server was upgraded yesterday, unfortunetly a lot of functions were broken and or missing(including the functions of the stats routine). I don't currently have access to the server to locate or fix the problems, I have contacted the [H]server admin to see about getting these issues remedied.

However a couple of the issues *appear* to be PHP function related, I will know more when I hear back from the admin, with any luck everything will be back to normal today, but at the moment without access and with the PHP functions acting up my hands are tied.

More info,

If the badge issue is what I think it is, I should be able to fix that as soon as I get access.

The server admin replied and is looking into the access/php function issues now.

Ok access is returned.

The badges were not functioning due to the fact the library was updated and no legacy code existed to accept the older code, thus the new library required a few changes to the code in order for it to function.

I am currently looking into the other issues now.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Ok I've been going around in circles all day trying to figure out why the stats are hung up, it seems that the new version of php has an extremely low memory limit default, this is the reason the stats are not working, there just isn't enough memory to process the feed.

Also the charts are not functioning as there is a server side issue with the package, the server admin is already looking into that issue.

With any luck this can be remedied soon.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Thanks King for all the updates, and thanks for all the [H]ard work you put towards all of this;)

Stats are back, I just forced a run.

Next run will be in a little over 1/2 an hour.

There is still an issue with the graphs, the [H] server admin is working on it.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Aw... I was hoping for a huge points dump after the updates not working for this long....

Hooray for 186 points. :(

Well, thanks King for working so diligently, and thanks to everyone else.

Still looking into the graphs problem.

It's starting to look like the [H] server may have outgrown the graph package, still need to do more research though.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Still having problems with the graph package, it just does not want to run on the upgraded server/software.

I have added graphs (hopefully temporary) until I can figure out a way to get the regular graph package working,

I still have a bit of work to do, such as the team vs team/member vs member comparison charts, those will be brought on-line as soon as I have written the replacement code.

The following graph areas *should* be working.

1] Overall Project area
2] Overall Member area
3] Team area
4] Team Member area

Please let me know if you run across any bugs.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Temporary graphs should be working in all graph areas, also the different style graph types have made a return.

A lot of work went into re-witing the code at a fast pace, please let me know if you find any bugs.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Function: Points / Work Unit per hour average (Restored)

These changes affect;

1] Overall Project Page
2] Overall Member Stat Page
3] Overall Member Comparison Page
4] Team Stat Page
5] Team Comparison Page
6] Team Member Page
7] Team Member Comparison Page

Note: Function was lost during server upgrade, now restored.

As usual please post any bugs you find while using this fuction.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Function: Viewing team/member mark. (Restored)

This function highlights the columns of the viewing team/member, in effect this change should make it easier to locate your info.

Areas changed:

Overall Members: Attack/Threats List
Overall Teams: Attack/Threats List
Team Members: Attack/Threats List

Note: Function was lost during server upgrade, now restored.

Lurker Extraordinaire

King this isn't a bug more of a request.. Is there any way to put in "default" milestone markers after 1M? Like one at 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 etc? And they could update again on the same cycle with 2M , 3M etc? Just gets boring seeing the single [H] until I can figure out where to get FLECOM numbers roling in from :)

While not a bad idea, the overall amount of work to do a change of this magnatude would be enourmous. This is not something I can add to the existing setup I would basically have to start over from scratch, it would require to name a few of the changes.

1] The entire milestone chart would have to be reworked from scratch, to incorperate the changes chart wide, adding new milestones, finding new colors..etc

2] The badge images(both [H] and Generic) would have to be re-worked from scratch for each milestone to align with the new chart.

3] The forum badges would have to re-worked to align to the new graph images.

4] The Milestone areas would need to be re-written to align with the new chart.

5] The Overall Member, Team, and Team Member Lists would have to be re-written to align with the new chart.

6] The Overall Project and Overall Team Pages would have to be re-written to align with the new chart.

7] The actual process script would have to be re-written to align with the new chart.

Also there is a limited amount of colors to work with, there are 256 colors avilable, however a good portion of those colors would be too close to existing colors which would cause problems.

The biggest problem here is the milestones are nested and nested deep into the site's code, also there is a formula involved which adding more milestones to 1 area would break.

Also once I completed the changes I would then have to start over again for the UD stats.

This may be something I can look into in the future, but with everything I currently have on the plate at the moment it would just take way too much time.

sorry:( I hope you understand my reasoning.

Lurker Extraordinaire

New Pages: Project / Team Percentages.

Pages Added to these areas:

Overall Members Area (Member Selected)
Team Area (Team Selected)
Team Members Area (Member Selected)

Lurker Extraordinaire

While not a bad idea, the overall amount of work to do a change of this magnatude would be enourmous. This is not something I can add to the existing setup I would basically have to start over from scratch, it would require to name a few of the changes.

1] The entire milestone chart would have to be reworked from scratch, to incorperate the changes chart wide, adding new milestones, finding new colors..etc

2] The badge images(both [H] and Generic) would have to be re-worked from scratch for each milestone to align with the new chart.

3] The forum badges would have to re-worked to align to the new graph images.

4] The Milestone areas would need to be re-written to align with the new chart.

5] The Overall Member, Team, and Team Member Lists would have to be re-written to align with the new chart.

6] The Overall Project and Overall Team Pages would have to be re-written to align with the new chart.

7] The actual process script would have to be re-written to align with the new chart.

Also there is a limited amount of colors to work with, there are 256 colors avilable, however a good portion of those colors would be too close to existing colors which would cause problems.

The biggest problem here is the milestones are nested and nested deep into the site's code, also there is a formula involved which adding more milestones to 1 area would break.

Also once I completed the changes I would then have to start over again for the UD stats.

This may be something I can look into in the future, but with everything I currently have on the plate at the moment it would just take way too much time.

sorry:( I hope you understand my reasoning.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Was just a thought :) I am so amazed at all that you put into the 2 teams already via hardfolding.com (not to mention the WU) that you have time to even respond to my request is more than I can ask for.

Busy yes, it seems like I'm always working on something, but I do try to pay attention to what is going on.

Just happy to hear people are enjoying the site, it makes the work worth it.

Lurker Extraordinaire

New Graphs: Project / Team Percentage.

Added to these areas:

Overall Members Area (Member Selected)
Team Area (Team Selected)
Team Members Area (Member Selected)

Lurker Extraordinaire

Bug Fix: 7/14/21/28 day average.

Problem: When selecting an average it would display on the first page only, selecting page 2 or higher it would default back to 7 day average.

Status Fixed.

Fixes to these areas:

Overall Members Area Attack / Threats List
Team Area Attack / Threats List
Team Members Area Attack / Threats List

Lurker Extraordinaire

Back