Gyroscopic Self-Leveling Pool Table

I've played on the ones on the Brilliance, they work great for keeping the balls from rolling on their own, but lining up your shot can be hard, since the table just moves on you.
 
doesn't look like the ship is moving that much.

Either way though, maybe you just chalk that up (pun intended) to something you don't do on a cruise ship, I hate to think how much something like that costs.
 
That's pretty cool!

I've played on the ones on the Brilliance, they work great for keeping the balls from rolling on their own, but lining up your shot can be hard, since the table just moves on you.

Yeah, I was thinking how the hell do you line up shots if the table keeps moving on your.


doesn't look like the ship is moving that much.

Either way though, maybe you just chalk that up (pun intended) to something you don't do on a cruise ship, I hate to think how much something like that costs.

Remember that the person holding the camera is moving with the ship so all you'll see from the camera's prospective is the table moving.
 
I've played on the ones on the Brilliance, they work great for keeping the balls from rolling on their own, but lining up your shot can be hard, since the table just moves on you.

Yeah they need to expand on the gyroscope to include maybe 3 feet of surrounding floor space as well.
 
it would have look cool if the camera had one of those self leveling mounts so that the camera and table were both stable but the rest of the world wasnt
 
Ship that size, moving that much? Faily heavy seas. I mean, it's not the Bering Strait but it's pretty rough for a cruise ship.
 
Ship that size, moving that much? Faily heavy seas. I mean, it's not the Bering Strait but it's pretty rough for a cruise ship.

not its FUCKING rough for a cruise ship that size iirc the ship that was on is near the size of a carrier
 
I'd hate to be on the ship when that was happening. I bet the crew had a lot of cleanup to do from all the passengers upchucking.
 
Remember that the person holding the camera is moving with the ship so all you'll see from the camera's prospective is the table moving.
Yeah, it's one of those things that the table would be the one to let you know what level is. But still I was thinking of people in the background, they don't look like they're moving too much with the waves. Then again never been on a cruise ship so I don't know what a "lot" of movement is.
 
BTW... those guys REALLY suck at pool.
I don't think a seasoned player will be running racks on that table.

I think this would would be even more awesome if the playing area for about 3-4 feet around the table leveled itself as well. Now you can run racks on that thing.
 
if the motion of the boat doesn't make you sea sick the motion of the pool table sure will.
 
That table is pretty cool. But damn that's some rough water to require that amount of leveling.

For those that have suggested having the floor leveling as well. It's unlikely that you have been on a ship like that. Once you get used to the movement of the ship you're fairly stable, then once your on land again, you tend to get thrown off balance as your body is still attempting to adjust for the movement of the ship that you're no longer on. Not to mention the safety hazards of having a floor that suddenly comes up a foot or more as you try and approach the table.
 
Either way though, maybe you just chalk that up (pun intended) to something you don't do on a cruise ship, I hate to think how much something like that costs.

It's not like a bar where you pay per game, it's all free. You hand over your room key at the bar in exchange for the balls so they know you'll return them when you're done.
 
That table is pretty cool. But damn that's some rough water to require that amount of leveling.

For those that have suggested having the floor leveling as well. It's unlikely that you have been on a ship like that. Once you get used to the movement of the ship you're fairly stable, then once your on land again, you tend to get thrown off balance as your body is still attempting to adjust for the movement of the ship that you're no longer on. Not to mention the safety hazards of having a floor that suddenly comes up a foot or more as you try and approach the table.

So you fence it in like carnival rides.
 
Ship that size, moving that much? Faily heavy seas. I mean, it's not the Bering Strait but it's pretty rough for a cruise ship.

No kiddin'. That looks to be a pretty huge cruise ship. Gotta be some seriously rough seas to be rockin' and rollin' that much. Yeesh, I'd always wanted to go on a cruise, but if they move that much, not so sure any more.
 
No kiddin'. That looks to be a pretty huge cruise ship. Gotta be some seriously rough seas to be rockin' and rollin' that much. Yeesh, I'd always wanted to go on a cruise, but if they move that much, not so sure any more.

I'm thinking it's a luxury yacht. They can be fairly large like that, but still many times smaller than a small cruise liner.
 
I'm thinking it's a luxury yacht. They can be fairly large like that, but still many times smaller than a small cruise liner.

The Radiance is pretty big, definitely not the biggest, but has room for 2500+ passengers and another 850+ crew.
 
Yeah they need to expand on the gyroscope to include maybe 3 feet of surrounding floor space as well.

Damn! I was thinking the exact same thing! That way, all the balls around table wouldn't be rolling around...:D
 
It's not like a bar where you pay per game, it's all free. You hand over your room key at the bar in exchange for the balls so they know you'll return them when you're done.

I think he meant the cost of the pool table setup (hardware), not the cost of a game.
 
Back
Top