gx2 to 280

Plumber4life

Limp Gawd
Ok having a good time with my gx2. But with step up of $0.00 and only shipping and handling of $8.00 does anyone see any reason to not ditch the gx2 for the 280, just want a little input before i do the deal.

No brainer, step up or trade up. Unless you can sell that 9800gx2 for $500, definitely step up.

I went from a GX2 to a 280 and EVERY game played better.

Same here. I was quite impressed with the GTX 280. Everything ran better. Not necessarily in benchmarks but in actual gameplay the difference was quite large. The main thing is that the GTX 280 produces more consistent frame rates.

Same here. I was quite impressed with the GTX 280. Everything ran better. Not necessarily in benchmarks but in actual gameplay the difference was quite large. The main thing is that the GTX 280 produces more consistent frame rates.
I agree. Did the step-up from a GX2 to the 280 as well. As many have reported, the 280 is smooth. No more stuttering, and AA can be used without bogging things down to unplayable framerates. I did mine before the price drop but it was still only about 50 bucks. At the current prices it costs nearly nothing to step-up from a GX2, so do it!:cool:

I was flat out a GX2 fan. I loved my GX2 SSC, but went for the 280.

The 280 is better, and all guys who know exactly how a GX2 ran on their system, will be happy when they run on a 280. :)

It's not worth a ton of cash to do it, but your $0 step up cost, and my $40 step up cost, makes it a good deal for sure... :cool:

Do it... :p

SLI doesn't always work well so stepping up to GTX 280 is a no-brainer like others said. No more SLI issues to worry about.

Go for it. I too had a gx2 but its high ress plus aa performance was lackluster.

Back