Guys since moving to Windows 10 im getting black screens then a Reset at random

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Hi guys ive been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my PC has been randomly resetting, It seems like its mostly in games. I have reinstalled my video card drivers to no avail, Temps are ok on everything. I migrated to Windows 10 a few months ago but this is a recent issue. System specs are 2600K, 2 Gigabyte 980gtxs in sli, Mobo Asus P67, 16 gigs of Corsair 2133 DDR3, 240 Gig Crucial SSD boot drive, 2 TB Western Digital for games and PSU Corsair 1200AX. Ive ran a Memeory tests with no issues, Pulled both video cards and ran 1 at a time with both of them being in there for a black screen, Tried different ram as well as moved them into different slots, running CPU at stock, Whats the best way to Test my PSU? Could that be the culprit? My system is getting long in the tooth and was trying to just replace everything this year ( Broadwell-E and Pascal ) not sure what to check next. Last note, I did reinstall Windows as well :)

Try turning off ALL OVERCLOCKS.

Remove CPU overclock.
Remove GPU overclock

That includes running your ram at something stock like 1333.

I migrated to Windows 10 a few months ago but this is a recent issue.
thread title and this contradict each other. title implies its always done this.

Pulled both video cards and ran 1 at a time with both of them being in there for a black screen
huh?! do you get a black screen with each card individually and in sli?

try clearing your cmos/bios and leave everything at stock/auto but give your RAM extra voltage. if you look on [H]forum or google it, corsair RAM says it is 1.5v but actually needs 1.6v to be stable. many people have this issue including me. if issues are gone put your OCs back and hopefully its good to go. if you still have issues I would try another psu first.

My ram is at 1.65, Yes i was getting a blackscreen with 2 cards or 1 card, I set everything to Stock and I'm thinking maybe its a video driver issue. I just reinstalled everything ( including windows ) and I see today there is a new Nvidia driver. I'm only running 1 card ATM and I'm going to start testing now.

Back