Guys Help with ATI X800 XT pci express

Trancify

Weaksauce
I tried to over clock my card with ATI tool and the program froze. So i restart my computer and tried to do it again, and it froze once more. Then I decided not to overclock. After that i played CS:S, I was getting 40 to 60 fps with resolution 1078 x 768, video stress test i got 133 fps. Before i was getting 80 to 150 fps with resolution 1280 x 1024 and for video stress test i got 144 fps

Did i mess up my card when i tried to overclock. Please need some serious help

Sounds to me like it could be a driver issue (either the ATI Drivers, or your Motherboards graphic drivers).
I would try using the driver cleaner (per their instructions) then install the latest ATI drivers and also try to uninstall then reinstall your MB Graphic Drivers (to a newer version if possible).
If that doesn't work, come back and everyone will try and figure what else could be the prob.

Good Luck

D.

I very much doubt you caused any permanent damage. X800/XT freezing with ATI Tool is quite common, at least when overclocking the core. I know, since I've frozen mine about 20-30 times in the pursuit of maximum clocks. It's never good for your system to suffer something that traumatic, but it shouldn't cause any hardware damage unless you let it get way too far.

Back