Guy buying computers by the truck load

Hades12

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
291
There was someone in here buying loads of computers and resaling them for DC or whatever. I have looked all over and cant find him.

Could some one point him out to me?

Thanks
 
calling Mary.........


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
I was going to one time or another, but funds have ran dry to do so. But as me and family are moving to Georgia, I really don't see myself going back down to Columbus, OH for a shipment of computers.

I am the one and only guy you speak of.
 
You had pics of them at a warehouse and were assemblying P3's and better for sale?
 
That was Marty - marty9876. I bought a 1ghz p3 from him. To my knowledge he isn't selling anything anymore. To much work, and not enough computing power was gained.

 
You are fast. I just edited my post. He isn't doing it anymore.

 
Bored today.


I was looking for a source of cheep used for family and friends, seems everyone wants a computer but wants to spend about tree fiffty on them.
 
I've been looking on ebay for pallets of old office computers, for a farm. I could find a pallet that was cheap enough AND fast enough. Sorry, but P3s are just way too slow in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but you'd need a lot of them. Then comes the power bill. I'm going to build a small garden of Athlon X2s instead.
 
natermeister said:
I've been looking on ebay for pallets of old office computers, for a farm. I could find a pallet that was cheap enough AND fast enough. Sorry, but P3s are just way too slow in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but you'd need a lot of them. Then comes the power bill. I'm going to build a small garden of Athlon X2s instead.
yep i'm building myself a smaller farm of x2's, more efficient that way, takes up alot less space with dual cores
 
Crappers FTW!!!!!!

My one source dried up (guess I should quit trying to nail the guys wife...), but I've got 2x pallets of P2/P3 (slot 1)/AMD K6-2/3's all over the place. Too many to have hooked up basically. If you wanted a bunch let me know.
 
The best bet is to look around your area for places that take in Office computers and servers. I mean pc recyclers, they rebuild the machines most of the time and sell them in a pallet or separately.

That is how I got half of my server farm, that and driving 100miles to pick them up in a car.
 
marty9876 said:
Crappers FTW!!!!!!

My one source dried up (guess I should quit trying to nail the guys wife...), but I've got 2x pallets of P2/P3 (slot 1)/AMD K6-2/3's all over the place. Too many to have hooked up basically. If you wanted a bunch let me know.
LOL i just spit water all over my screen and got it in my keyboard... hope it still works, yep it works, see :D
 
If you need the number for 2 of the pc recyclers I deal with drop me a pm. They are both located in Columbus OH, I'm not sure where your at, so this would be a start.
 
Scorpionjwp said:
If you need the number for 2 of the pc recyclers I deal with drop me a pm. They are both located in Columbus OH, I'm not sure where your at, so this would be a start.


I am in your new home state.
 
I do remind you that the [H]orde's very own [H]Ark will be delivered to the new house by September 22 of this month.

Even though you fold for another team, One Cannot be [H]ard when you own a unique version of the Ark of the Covenant which you have built with folding in mind. Four x motherboards of folding goodness.

Your in my new Home state huh, I'm living just north near the border of Tennessee.
 
Scorpionjwp said:
Your in my new Home state huh, I'm living just north near the border of Tennessee.


I am outside of ATL

Where everybody is somebody.
 
I was building a farm at one time... I got a bunch some random stuff laying around.

Where you looking for something specfic?
 
I work for a refubishing company that buys bulk used machines ranging from dinosaurs to almost new. Drop me a PM if you're looking for something particular and I can see what I can do for you.
 
Im still looking around for folding rigs, I havent been able to fold for awhile... Will start again once the internet at my place is up (Sep. 12th). Only one PC for the folding... :(.

The problem is around here, people want too much for something. Your crazy, if you think your 450-500Mhz PII/PIII is worth $50-$70.00 (without monitor/keyboard/etc). For $87.00, you can get a 2.26Ghz Celeron-D, PcChips mobo, and 128Mb of ram off newegg.

Maybe ive just lost the sprit of the whole thing, but after I pay the bills and rent... Im lucky to have enough left over to put gas in my car. Im thinking of putting google-ads on my website (yet to be uploaded/completed), but Im not sure if that would do much.
 
bob said:
Im still looking around for folding rigs, I havent been able to fold for awhile... Will start again once the internet at my place is up (Sep. 12th). Only one PC for the folding... :(.

The problem is around here, people want too much for something. Your crazy, if you think your 450-500Mhz PII/PIII is worth $50-$70.00 (without monitor/keyboard/etc). For $87.00, you can get a 2.26Ghz Celeron-D, PcChips mobo, and 128Mb of ram off newegg.

Maybe ive just lost the sprit of the whole thing, but after I pay the bills and rent... Im lucky to have enough left over to put gas in my car. Im thinking of putting google-ads on my website (yet to be uploaded/completed), but Im not sure if that would do much.
Just pray that the adsense will pay off for you. Just make lots of traffic and well put 75% of them into folding machines :)
 
Back
Top