[GURU3D] TITAN Z Review

I read what I could of that review. To be blunt, I can't take their fps charts seriously. Also, it feels like it was a translated article; that or the reviewer's first language is not English. What I was most curious about was their conclusion on the card.

I agree the card has no place. Even the small mITX build use cases are questionable at best. Feels like it only serves to trick those into buying it where 3k is nothing to them and believe because of it's price it must be the best.

Finally we can see some power figures and temperature figures. Looks like the competing Radeon R9 295x just consumes 30 watts more.

Wow the TitanZ's cooler is absolute trash. Why didn't Nvidia bother to fix it before releasing a gimped card onto the market? I would hate to see that thing in a Mini-ITX case. The thermal imaging in this review showed exactly where this card fails. $3,000 waste of money and a complete waste of Nvidia's engineering time. It's only highlights were 1600 x 1200 resolution and beating the R9 295X2 by 28 watts in power consumption. But then again it seems that the 295X2 did a lot more with those 28 watts at 4K resolutions where these cards were designed to conquer.

If you don't want to plod through the review, skip to the thermal imaging and conclusion. Thanks for linking the review DASHIT!

Wow the TitanZ's cooler is absolute trash. Why didn't Nvidia bother to fix it before releasing a gimped card onto the market? I would hate to see that thing in a Mini-ITX case. The thermal imaging in this review showed exactly where this card fails. $3,000 waste of money and a complete waste of Nvidia's engineering time. It's only highlights were 1600 x 1200 resolution and beating the R9 295X2 by 28 watts in power consumption. But then again it seems that the 295X2 did a lot more with those 28 watts at 4K resolutions where these cards were designed to conquer.

If you don't want to plod through the review, skip to the thermal imaging and conclusion. Thanks for linking the review DASHIT!

There is a guy in this forum who think the titan Z cooler is superior. I'm sure he'll make his way shortly to this thread soon with 20+ pages of explanations about you not reading etc...

Why did Guru3D even bother with 1200p and 1600x1200 resolutions anyway? This card is a waste at smaller resolutions, and nobody in the right mind will buy this card just to run it at smaller resolutions less than 1440p.

As usual, most reviews show the Titan Z is slower than the 295X2, runs way to warm, poor choice of display connectors and a huge epic failure at that price point, makes the 295X2 looks like a bargain.

Back