Guilty Gear

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
Anybody out there familiar with this series? It looks pretty cool but I've never had a chance to play any of the games, was wondering what people thought about it. It's really damn hard to find games in the series.

One of the best 2D Fighter series on the market, been playing the series since its original PSX debut. I hope the PSP version is as good as the past ones.

|MaguS| said:
One of the best 2D Fighter series on the market, been playing the series since its original PSX debut. I hope the PSP version is as good as the past ones.

Based on the preview video, Judgement is two games in one: a side-scrolling beat'em up and X2: Midnight Carnival #Reloaded. Honestly I'm looking into getting an Xbox or PSP just so I can play X2 #Reloaded. X2 new on PS2 is like $70 and I've read it has balance issues. I'm wary of Isuka because of the whole 4 player thing, the reviews I've read seemed not to like it. I'm probably going to get Dust Strikes when it comes out in a month.

I got the series, it's cool and a bit fun. Looks really nice. But can't beat 3rd Strike!!!

Lamont said:
I got the series, it's cool and a bit fun. Looks really nice. But can't beat 3rd Strike!!!

Oh man, I already play an obscene amount of that game. I was forced to change controllers recently though, so my timing is all off again :mad:

i like it because it's easier and slower than street fighter

if ur going to get it, get the latest one Guilty Gear XX for PS2 or PC, not sure about xbox

kohan69 said:
i like it because it's easier and slower than street fighter

if ur going to get it, get the latest one Guilty Gear XX for PS2 or PC, not sure about xbox

Ahh. Well, I thought it was interesting because the style/music seemed really cool. I want to give it a try, but the speed might turn me off (I like to play SF2 Turbo on 10 star speed - arcade speed is 4 :D )

GGX2 was great but very unbalanced so I stopped playing it :( I'm still waiting for Guilty Gear X2 #Reload Slash to be released on the PS2 or something since they fixed some of the character issues.

Dachink said:
GGX2 was great but very unbalanced so I stopped playing it :( I'm still waiting for Guilty Gear X2 #Reload Slash to be released on the PS2 or something since they fixed some of the character issues.

That's what I've heard. I've been thinking of picking up an xbox so I can play #Reloaded, which is also a hell of a lot cheaper than X2 on ps2.

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is crazy fun to play on Xbox Live! Be warned, unless you're top of your game you will be pwnd buy Japanses and Korean players. You can't beat the price too. It was $30 buck when I bought my copy a little over year ago. Don't know what it goes for now. Potemkin is my fav character.

chojin_1999 said:
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is crazy fun to play on Xbox Live! Be warned, unless you're top of your game you will be pwnd buy Japanses and Korean players. You can't beat the price too. It was $30 buck when I bought my copy a little over year ago. Don't know what it goes for now. Potemkin is my fav character.

I've found it new online for as little as $15. If I get an xbox I doubt I'll be paying for the Live! subscription anyway - it would only get used for 45 minutes a day or so.

Thanks, I'll check out those videos. I had a friend of mine back home pick up a copy of X2 on ps2 for only $20 for me, which I'll be picking up in april. I know it's unbalanced but if I like it enough I'll probably pick up and xbox and #reloaded. I do plan on getting Dust Strikers as well - the DS desperately needs a good fighter.

edit: watched the videos, looks pretty fun. I had downloaded some videos from gamespot but the people playing obviously weren't very good. These two were pretty cool though. I like how it seems to be a combo/juggling heavy game, but looks to be more precise that MvC2.

Well GGXX is very stylish, and has a pretty complex fighting system. although there's the concept of chained combos, specials, instant death moves, there's also the whole Roman Cancel Thing, which is basically resets the animation to neutral so you can continue a combor or whatever. You can probably look up all that stuff though.

And Yes, Beware Bridget. :D

Thread revival w00t!

Anyways, I got an xbox and GGx2 #Reload last night. Had some time to play around a little bit and flip through the manual - this game looks complicated! Seriously though, I'm intrigued: seems as though there's a lot more little moves and stuff than in the SF games (tension gage, burst gage, all the cancels and stuff) but the attack buttons seem simpler. I think they'll take some getting used to but it seems cool. I like the instant kill thing, the only one I saw last night was with bridget I think? Anyways, where you hit the other guy and he goes flying into the moon - I hope they're all like that, reminds me of MK's fatalities - I like humor in my games. Is there any way to turn the game speed up? I looked in the options a bit but didn't see anything. If not I'll get used to it. I also like how you can just mash the buttons and get a long combo string - I like when you have the freedom to just string hits together, instead of Third Strike's target combos, or the insane Killer Instinct combo system.

Back