Guild Wars

funbun

Weaksauce
Any of you heard of this game: http://www.guildwars.com

I've been watching this game since Thanksgiving. A free MMORPG design by the guys who originally built Battlenet for Blizzard. I think it will beat World of Warcraft.

it's not a true MMORPG
it's more of a Diablo clone

played the beta not long ago, and was utterly dissapointed

Heard good and bad things, but WoW is so awesome, I don't think it can be beat easily.

I've heard almost nothing but good things about WoW. But guidlwars is still in beta right? Guess we'll see ;).

if guildwars gets a lot better than it was in those free beta tests, and adds a ton of content then it will be great, but in it's current state i dont' think it will do better than WoW, at least, i liked WoW a lot more, which is why i bought WoW and am playing it daily instead of pre-ordering GW and playing the beta for that.

i still have hopes that blizz is making Diablo 3, it will dominate all competition without trying.

funbun said:
Any of you heard of this game: http://www.guildwars.com

I've been watching this game since Thanksgiving. A free MMORPG design by the guys who originally built Battlenet for Blizzard. I think it will beat World of Warcraft.

lol you've got to be kidding me.. gw is not going to be beating any game anytime soon no less wow

GuildWars is a great game and I like it more than eq2 and WOW next weekend is another beta event Im looking forward to it.

I recently started looking into Guild Wars. I saw they have a beta on Jan 7th but you have to preorder it. Is there any way for me to play a beta without preordering it?

The graphics look really awesome. Not sure about anything else.

mykel said:
I recently started looking into Guild Wars. I saw they have a beta on Jan 7th but you have to preorder it. Is there any way for me to play a beta without preordering it?

The graphics look really awesome. Not sure about anything else.
each preorder comes with a guest pass for one weekend only. you could ask someone you know if they will let you try it. or you can go to your local game store and out down $5 and you can play every beta weekend (first weekend of each month).

and for the people who have only played the free weekends, the game has been getting more fun every new beta weekend. i was a little disappointed at the e3 event, but the free weekend i thought was better, and it keeps getting better, so dont judge it just yet.

Back