Guild wars help

The Rabbit

n00b
Joined
Apr 28, 2005
Messages
33
Well I tried the GW site but that was no help.

I bought GW today go to install it from the 2 cd's that came in the box but they didnt install anything, the game just insists on downloading everyting at insanely slow speeds (1KB/s!) why do I have 2 cd's? and why cant i install from them

Thanks
Rab
 
The Rabbit said:
Well I tried the GW site but that was no help.

I bought GW today go to install it from the 2 cd's that came in the box but they didnt install anything, the game just insists on downloading everyting at insanely slow speeds (1KB/s!) why do I have 2 cd's? and why cant i install from them

Thanks
Rab
Strange. Did you have an old beta/pre-order client, maybe?

Try uninstalling it completely and installing again. If that doesn't work, tell us what happens when you try to install from the CD -- the exact error message you get.
 
i think it goes and downloads the latest client when it starts the install process. it'll run off the CD once it finishes that. try leaving running and see what happens.
 
Aside from the fact that they only just put out a bunch of updates on wednesday and friday.
 
GW auto-updates every time you connect. The updates are rather fast for me. If you just bought a copy there are a number of updated files that need to be applied. However I don't know why the process is slow for you.
 
Back
Top