Guild Wars ftw?

I might give Guild Wars a shot.. never been much of an MMORPG fan but it was mainly because of the monthly fee (so no I haven't been plaing WoW)

Never played WoW, hooked on GW. I encourage anyone paying fees for Guild Wars to get more bang for your buck with GW.

i'm paying for WoW right now and i've played in several of the beta events for guild wars. i don't like it at all. it seems to be like what the really crappy cookie cutter mmo's are like. I might get it anyway, and see if the full game is better than the chopped up 2 day events, just because of the no pay per month thing.

my wow subscription expires may 3, I'm not sure if I'm gonna renew it or not. But before I get GW I wanna see more of it first before I decide.

GW is fun, but don't let the no monthly fee fool you, it'll still cost 50 dollars every six months to keep current with new content. (you could choose to not upgrade but we'll see if that is a viable option)

They never mentioned the cost of the expansions, but they said they would be priced competitively compared to other expansions and be released every 6-9 months.

I am going to wait and see aswell. I played several 2 day events but I hope the full version will be a different experience.

I currently play WoW, as it is the only MMO out that I like.

I will wait for the reviews before I make my decision.

PurpleSaurusRex said:
GW is fun, but don't let the no monthly fee fool you, it'll still cost 50 dollars every six months to keep current with new content. (you could choose to not upgrade but we'll see if that is a viable option)

But, you can still keep playing the game without buying the new expansion packs. Personally, I'd rather buy a new expansion pack every 6 months for then pay $12 - $15 as a monthly fee. If you break it down, even if you buy every expansion pack that comes out and they go for let's say $40, then you're monthly breakdown would only be ~$6 or so. Pretty good for such a fun game... ;)

wtburnette said:
But, you can still keep playing the game without buying the new expansion packs. Personally, I'd rather buy a new expansion pack every 6 months for then pay $12 - $15 as a monthly fee. If you break it down, even if you buy every expansion pack that comes out and they go for let's say $40, then you're monthly breakdown would only be ~$6 or so. Pretty good for such a fun game... ;)

If you guys are that worried between spending $12 and $6 a month on a game... and that heavily influences your decision... perhaps it's not a time for games, but a job?

I will probably get it some time soon. Main reason, is that there is no monthly fee.

moralpanic said:
If you guys are that worried between spending $12 and $6 a month on a game... and that heavily influences your decision... perhaps it's not a time for games, but a job?

It's more the point of it then being able to afford it or not. I can easily afford it, but why when there's a fun game like GW that has no monthly fee?

picking up my copy of GW tomorrow .. can't wait to see all the new areas .. we've only seen about 50% of the entire game so far .. I really wanna go explore the new areas ...

NightWolfe said:
picking up my copy of GW tomorrow .. can't wait to see all the new areas .. we've only seen about 50% of the entire game so far .. I really wanna go explore the new areas ...

The world they had in the beta events was only part of the whole?

If so, that made me cream my pants. :D

anybody interested in making a guild?

also is anybody picking up the limited ed version of it?

omniviper said:
anybody interested in making a guild?

also is anybody picking up the limited ed version of it?

What does the limited version have to offer that the other version doesnt have?

retardedchicken said:
The world they had in the beta events was only part of the whole?

If so, that made me cream my pants. :D

HERE is a preview of the different regions .. some were visable on the map but you couldn't travel there .. the map is suppose to scroll off the screen as well .. possibly in further expansions it'll grow outward more ...

plus there are supposed to be about twice as many missions as there was before ...

i could afford 15 a month, but I, for one, don't like to pay for games on a monthly basis. Some months you won't play at all, and if you want to keep your characters you have to keep playing. I still play some really old games like Diablo/Diablo2 ....if those were MMORPG's I'd have had to pay 15 a month for like 5 years in order to keep my characters. 15 dollars a month for 5 years is quite substantial

you don't have to keep paying to keep your toons .. most places will keep your toons for years before they wipe them from not playing ...

For the guy who commented on getting a job:

I have a job. If you want to look at the financial aspect of it, I'm being froogle and getting as close to what I want as I can without paying a monthly fee. I've got other things I need to pay for as well.

so_cal_forever said:
For the guy who commented on getting a job:

I have a job. If you want to look at the financial aspect of it, I'm being froogle and getting as close to what I want as I can without paying a monthly fee. I've got other things I need to pay for as well.

...and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I may be switching over from WoW. Will be playing them both to start though to gauge which I like more.

Back