• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Guide to buying speakers?

cu2cool

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 20, 2005
Messages
141
What is a good way to look for speakers to buy? For example, if I was looking for a good 2.1 system to buy, what should I look for? I've always been going by looking at the max watts output. I have the 180 Watt Cyber Acoustic set right now, but I'm thinking about upgrading.
 
some people here will say "use HT equipment and buy a receiver and REAL speakers from the store" etc., but IMO, the best 2.1 computer speakers are the klipsch promedia 2.1 THX's.
 
Look for speakers made by a real speaker company. Watts can be measured a bazillion ways and really don't mean much, and definitely have little to do with speaker quality.

If you just want normal PC speakers (that is, no HT receiver, amps, etc) Klipsch is a good recommendation, as they are a real speaker company and their PC speakers are very well reviewed.
 
Back
Top