• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Guide Anywhere?

Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
60
I've been searching and searching for a guide to overclock my e8500 with a P45 (specifically the Asus P5Q Pro P45 motherboard).

I have read the guide on the sticky, but I have also read a lot online that says the P45 is very complex and has many other options than other boards.

Could someone please help me out with a link to a good guide for overclocking a P45 motherboard with a wolfdale?
 
It's really not a difficult board to OC. (see sig) I managed that within about 30 minutes of messing with settings, and that's just because I've never used an award bios before. Obviously every setup is different, but it was probably the easiest OC I've ever done.
 
One thing that will help is in that guide, you wont find Vanderpool in the BIOS for that board, its called Virtualization.
 
If you need a guide for those advanced features, you probably shouldn't be playing around with them. Outside of basic overclocking, you need to have an understanding of what each option does to get good results and avoid damaging anything, and just following a bunch of instructions someone put up isn't going to cut it.
 
Back
Top